The free version of uTorrent displays advertisements. Such advertising allows the release of free versions of uTorrent, but slows down the work of low-power computers. You can get rid of ads either through the uTorrent settings, or by updating this torrent client to the paid version. This article describes methods for disabling ads in the program settings or through an upgrade to the uTorrent Ad-Free version.
Method 1 of 2: Disable Ads in uTorrent Settings
Step 1. Launch uTorrent
The free version of uTorrent displays ads by default, but you can turn them off in the Settings menu.
Advertising in uTorrent allows program developers to release a free version of the program. If you like uTorrent, upgrade this torrent client to the Ad-Free version of uTorent, but it costs $ 4.95
Step 2. On the menu bar, click "Settings" - "Program settings"
Step 3. In the left pane, click Advanced
This option is at the very bottom of the list of settings.
Step 4. In the list of additional parameters, select the line
This line can be found in one of the following ways:
- In the "Filter" line, enter
- Scroll down the list to find the line you want. This is not difficult because the list is alphabetically ordered.
Step 5. Under the window with a list of additional parameters, check the box next to the "No" option
After highlighting the line “gui.show_plus_upsell”, two options will be displayed under the window: “Yes” and “No”. Check the None option to disable ads that appear in the lower left corner of the uTorrent window.
Step 6. In the list of additional parameters, select the line
offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabledclick, and then check the box next to the "No" option.
Do everything as described in the previous step. Disabling this option will get rid of the banner displayed at the top of the uTorrent window.
Step 7. Find other advanced options and check the boxes next to the "None" option
Do this for the parameters below. Perhaps, in the case of some parameters, the "No" option will already have a checkbox, but it is still better to make sure of this.
Step 8. Click "OK" to save your changes
Don't worry if one or more of these options are not listed - sometimes uTorrent changes their names. In this case, open a window with additional parameters and in the "Filter" line enter "offer" (without quotes). Now activate the "No" option for all found parameters
Step 9. Click "File" - "Exit" to close uTorrent
You need to restart uTorrent to make sure the changes you made take effect.
Step 10. Launch uTorrent and use this program without annoying ads
Method 2 of 2: Upgrading to uTorrent Ad-Free Version
Step 1. Launch uTorrent
Advertising in uTorrent allows program developers to release a free version of the program. Upgrade to the paid version of uTorrent Ad-Free to not only get rid of ads, but also support developers.
Step 2. On the menu bar, click "Settings" - "Get uTorrent Pro"
There are two paid versions - Ad-Free and Pro. Ads are missing in both versions, but they are slightly different.
- For Ad-Free you need to pay $ 4, 95 (325 rubles) annually.
- The Pro version costs $ 19.95 and includes anti-malware protection, tech support, file conversion tools, and streaming.
Step 3. Click "Upgrade to Ad-Free"
A page will open in the browser where you can pay for the purchase of the program.
- If there is no Upgrade to Ad-Free option on Mac OS, click the X on the ad that appears in the lower left corner of the uTorrent window.
- If you want to buy the uTorrent Pro version, click "Upgrade to Pro".
Step 4. Enter the information required to pay for the purchase
- To pay for the purchase by credit card, enter the data in the "Bank Card" section.
- To pay for your purchase using PayPal, click PayPal. You will be prompted to sign in to your PayPal account.
Step 5. Make sure you have entered the correct information and then click Buy
On Mac OS, uTorrent will automatically update to the Ad-Free version. On Windows, close uTorrent and follow the steps below.
Step 6. On Windows, click on Batch Installer to download the Ad-Free version
The installation file in EXE format will be downloaded to your computer (in the download folder).
Step 7. Double click on the downloaded EXE file to start the uTorrent Ad-Free installation process
Follow the onscreen instructions to replace the free version of uTorrent with a paid version that has no ads.
- Be careful when changing advanced settings for uTorrent, as erroneous actions can lead to problems with this program.
- The uTorrent Pro for Windows license cannot be used for the Ad-Free version on Mac OS.
- Private torrent trackers work with a limited number of torrent clients. If you use private torrent trackers, disable auto-installation of updates (click "Settings" - "General"). If uTorrent is automatically updated to a version that is not supported by the private torrent tracker, you will not be able to download the files.
Sources and links