Are you wondering what's going on on the other side of the wall? Are you interested in listening to this? It doesn't matter if it is a stranger or a close person, it happens in your house or in some other place, in any case, spying on another person is not very noble. If you do decide to eavesdrop, then there are several ways to hear everything that is happening clearly and clearly. Understand all risks and criminal liability before committing such an act.
Method 1 of 4: Using a glass
Step 1. Take a glass
So, you still decided to go for it. How to start spying? The easiest way is to place the glass against the wall. An "acoustic link" is created between the wall and the glass, which allows sound waves to travel from one side of the glass to the other. A soda or beer glass is best. Some spies claim that cardboard glasses are great for these purposes, but glass is much better than other materials for vibrating sound waves.
- Experiment with different types and shapes of glasses to find the best fit for your purpose.
- If you are a happy owner of an iPhone, you can download the Amplitude Pro app and keep it against the glass against the walls. This app not only lets you hear distant sounds much clearer, but can also record and save them.
Step 2. Explore different parts of the wall to find the best point
In some places on the wall, the sound will be transmitted better. This is due to unevenness in the structure of the wall or due to different distances from the sound source. Check the sound quality at different points until you find the best place. This can be difficult at times, especially if you need to eavesdrop through the ceiling. If you are too far away from the wall, the sound will not be heard clearly enough.
Step 3. Lean the edge of the glass against the wall
Remember that you need to hold the glass against the wall to achieve the acoustic effect. Do this by placing the glass flat with the rim against the wall. Now the acoustic waves travel from the wall to the glass, during which the sound is amplified.
With the glass against the wall, place your ear against the bottom of the glass. Move the glass along the wall if the conversation is not audible enough
Method 2 of 4: Using a hole
Step 1. Make a small hole in the wall with a drill
This variant of eavesdropping through walls using a hole and a plastic membrane was discovered by scientists from South Korea and Japan. First, drill a small through hole in the wall. A long and thin drill will work best.
- Don't expect to hear too much through just one small hole. In fact, the single hole seriously interferes with the transmission of sound.
- Try to drill the hole while your neighbor is also working with a drill. Otherwise, he may notice drilling debris and hear noise.
Step 2. Cover the hole with a thin membrane
This will dramatically improve your hearing. Research shows that closing the hole with a thin membrane improves sound transmission so well that it appears that there is no wall at all, since the membrane equalizes the pressure on both sides of the hole through which the sound passes.
Try using the plastic wrap available in every home for this. Scientists at the initial stage of the study used just such a film
Step 3. Eavesdrop
Once you have a hole covered with plastic wrap, start listening! If you follow our instructions correctly, you will clearly hear everything that happens behind the wall.
- For the best effect, you can combine this method with the first. Place a glass over the membrane hole.
- Remember that this method has its drawbacks. Your neighbor may hear a sound, notice a hole in the wall or debris left after drilling and suspect something is wrong. Do everything very carefully!
Method 3 of 4: Using a Spy Stethoscope
Step 1. Prepare the necessary ingredients
We will now use more specific spy equipment. You can make a stethoscope at home or buy one. The finished product will save you time, but you will have to spend several hundred dollars. A homemade stethoscope will cost you less than $ 25, but that's assuming you have a good MP3 player.
- You can buy a regular stethoscope at your local drugstore for about $ 10. The quality of the stethoscope is unlikely to play an important role.
- You will also need microphones. It is best to buy stereo multimedia microphones, as they are very cheap (around $ 15) but have good sound parameters. With them, you will get sound of good enough quality.
- Finally, you will need an MP3 player to record audio, as well as a cable with a 3.5mm plug. The cable will cost you about 3-4 dollars. If you don't have a suitable MP3 player, then it will be the most expensive purchase on this list. Keep in mind that you need a player with audio recording capability, which means that you will need a more modern model (most older models only play music without recording sound).
Step 2. Disassemble the microphone
You will need to open the microphone housing to get to the wire, then remove the cover and take out the microphones themselves. Then insert the removed microphones into the stethoscope headphones.
The most suitable tool for this will be a clerical knife. They can make a straight cut that will allow you to get to the contents. You should have 2 microphones and a 3.5 mm plug (cable)
Step 3. Disassemble and reassemble the stethoscope headphones
Remove the headphones from the stethoscope. It's easy enough. They should be removed with little effort. Do not throw away your headphones as you will need to install microphones in them.
- Then you need to drill a small hole in the plastic earpiece to match the diameter of the microphone body. The diameter of the holes must be accurate, as the microphones must fit snugly inside. A drill or engraving machine can help you with this task.
- Glue the microphones to the inside of the headphones. Apply a small amount of glue to the edges of the microphone body and then insert them into the holes you made. Return the headphones to the stethoscope and let the glue dry.
Step 4. Attach the stethoscope to the MP3 player
Finally, connect the stethoscope and microphones to the MP3 player. The sound coming from behind the wall will be amplified by microphones, transmitted to the MP3 player and recorded.
Connect the resulting stereo cable to your MP3 player. Your spy stethoscope is ready
Step 5. Start eavesdropping
First, test your stethoscope. As with a regular glass, you will first have to experiment, find the best place on the wall, and check the quality of the recording. If the test wall does not have double glazing or thick insulation, then you should hear everything behind it.
Method 4 of 4: Find out the potential consequences of espionage
Step 1. Ask yourself, do you really want to spy?
By listening to conversations behind the wall, we violate people's personal space. This leads to legal and ethical problems. Before starting espionage, seriously consider whether it is worth the risk?
- The situation can be very unpleasant. In England, for example, a man saved his neighbor from a robbery when he dried her through the wall with a glass. In his case, espionage was justified.
- However, the situation is controversial. You shouldn't do this unless you have a compelling reason to do so. But if you do decide, then you should be aware of the possible consequences.
Step 2. Learn the laws regarding eavesdropping
Spying is considered to be eavesdropping, recording, or transmitting any part of a personal conversation without the consent of the people involved. Be aware that the state has created eavesdropping laws. By spying on others, you can become a lawbreaker.
Step 3. Consider the negative consequences
What happens if someone finds out that you are eavesdropping? What can happen to you? This is a good question and you should consider all the possible consequences, which in many cases are serious.
- In Russia, according to the law, only employees of the operational services of several law enforcement agencies can record conversations: the FSB, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the SVR and others, and only with the approval of the court in each specific case. According to Article 138 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation, violation of the secrecy of correspondence, telephone conversations, postal, telegraphic or other messages of citizens is punishable by a fine in the amount of up to eighty thousand rubles or in the amount of the convicted person's salary or other income for a period of up to six months, or compulsory work for a period of up to three hundred sixty hours, or correctional labor for up to one year.
- However, criminal penalties are not the only bad outcome. You may also be sued for a violation of your privacy and asked for compensation. Even if you manage to avoid legal consequences, you will have to coexist with a very angry person.