Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was one of the last GTA games to be released for the PlayStation and the first Xbox. It is a challenging game with a wide world that, without the right strategy, can discourage and frustrate the player. Read the steps below to learn how to make it easier for yourself to play victoriously.
Method 1 of 2: Increasing stats
Step 1. Start with endurance
Unlike other games in the GTA series, the protagonist of San Andreas, Carl "CJ" Johnson, has a wide range of characteristics that can be changed depending on the wishes of the player. With high performance indicators, it becomes much easier to complete missions; while with low performance they can become nearly impossible. Start by training the easiest and least expensive trait - endurance. Every in-game day, make CJ run a certain distance until he gets tired. Other ways to improve endurance include cycling and swimming.
- City gyms have equipment to quickly and effectively improve CJ's stamina and other physical characteristics. Try a treadmill and exercise bike.
- You can raise your stamina as high as you want with no side effects. In the end, completing the alternate mission "Burglar" (removing $ 10,000 worth of goods from the houses), CJ will gain almost infinite stamina; until then, training will help him save his life by running away from cops and other energy-intensive situations.
Step 2. Build other physical characteristics
In addition to endurance, CJ has muscle mass and body fat, the percentage of which can be changed through training. To build muscle, pump iron in the gym. To achieve maximum strength, which will not negatively affect mobility and speed, strive to pump strength up to 75-85%. Body fat can be reduced without side effects by up to about 5%; having got rid of it completely, CJ will begin to lose muscle mass in the process of strenuous physical activity. All types of training will gradually reduce the amount of fat.
- It can also be helpful to pump CJ's lung capacity, which will allow him to stay underwater longer. Lung capacity can be trained by swimming underwater until the last second and then resurfacing. Collecting oysters on the ocean floor also affects this stat slightly. Lung capacity is not extremely necessary, except for a couple of places in the game.
- As you develop your characteristics, remember to eat well. Eating most types of food will increase the amount of fat, but food is also very important for building endurance and muscle mass. If your body fat is more than 3%, order a salad, as this is the only food that does not lead to fat accumulation. If you're almost out of fat, eat something else to get it back again (up to 3% for each meal) and then bump it back up to about 5% before each mission.
Step 3. Improve your driving skills
Between CJ's body workouts, spend time driving or piloting whatever you can get to. There are four characteristics of driving a vehicle: bicycles, motorcycles, cars, and aircraft. The only way to upgrade any of them is to drive the corresponding type of transport. As skills develop, CJ will be able to control vehicles more easily, namely, turn, brake and maintain overall stability. A high skill in driving a motorcycle and a bicycle also gives CJ a better chance of avoiding falling from these vehicles as a result of a collision with a car.
Improving your vehicle driving skills can take a significant amount of time. Just practice regularly and fill in the gaps between driving sessions by improving your other skills
Step 4. Become a weapons specialist
CJ's weapon skills can be trained in the same way as his driving skills; unfortunately, unlike the latter, there is a separate skill bar for each weapon. Weapon skills are trained by shooting people or vehicles and range from Poor to Killer. At the Killer level, CJ can fire several weapons with two hands, including sawn-off shotguns, pistols and submachine guns (Micro-Uzi and Tec-9).
- Some weapons cannot be trained. These include throwing weapons like grenades, sniper rifles, all kinds of melee weapons (bats, hammers, etc.) and all types of heavy weapons like grenade launchers. CJ will do more damage with melee weapons if his muscle mass is well pumped.
- Safely training CJ's weapon skills can be quite difficult, as shooting people can quickly exacerbate your relationship with the police, and shooting at vehicles only counts if they are completely destroyed (and explode). Try to shoot near the save location or change of clothing, which will reduce police harassment.
Method 2 of 2: Strategies and Techniques
Step 1. Raise your level of respect
Respect is another stat that can be raised in GTA San Andreas, but unlike the other stats listed above, it is almost impossible to raise it significantly at the start of the game. The higher your level of respect, the more members of CJ's gang, Grove Street Families, you can take with you on missions. A group of armed fellows helping you can make many missions a lot easier, so a lot of respect pays off well.
- Respect is earned over the course of the game by completing certain missions. You can also passively increase your respect for CJ if, while in the territory that belongs to Grove Street Families, he wears green clothes, i.e. the color of your gang.
- Capturing the territory of another gang and its annexation (by winning the gang war, which essentially means killing a crowd of members of a hostile gang) will significantly increase respect for CJ (by about 30%). Sketching another gang's graffiti will also increase your respect a little.
- Killing drug dealers, police officers and members of hostile gangs gives a small boost to respect. If you kill your gang members or don't help them, respect will drop.
Step 2. Save money
Already at the beginning of the game, you can earn a decent amount of money if you seriously tackle it. Of course, the fulfillment of missions gives good sums; for the sake of money, you can kill people. In the end, CJ will be able to acquire a business that will generate a regular income, but until that moment comes, save money by any means, they will provide you with a significant advantage in the future.
- Killing drug dealers not only earns you respect but is also a great source of income. As a rule, drug dealers are well armed and have a quick temper, but if you get a heavy vehicle, such as a wagon, and crush them, they will not be able to oppose anything. To shoot them from a distance, you can also use sniper bullets.
- Arrest and hospitalization will cost you money. If you save regularly, you can simply reload the game instead of paying the bills, although they are not very large. Another hidden cost of being arrested and hospitalized is the loss of all your weapons. If you can put together a decent mini-arsenal, consider downloading a save to help you avoid the hassle of finding and buying weapons.
- If you really want to cheat the system, save the game and then bet all your money on the horse at the bookmaker's office. If you lose, reload and try again until you win. Each time you win, you will multiply your money by a significant factor, and soon you will have more money than you even wanted.
This trick is called "save scamming". It's effective, but many people see it as going beyond the spirit of the game as it provides near-instant enrichment without the need for immersion in the game world. Create an additional save before you decide to take advantage of this method in case you later find that the rest of the game missions for making money will become boring and dull
Step 3. Complete side missions
There are several main types of side missions that can be activated by stealing certain vehicles. Medic missions are activated in an ambulance, police missions in police or military vehicles, and taxi driver missions in a taxi. For each vehicle type, there is a predetermined number of missions available; completing all of them will give you very useful bonus abilities.
- After completing the level 12 firefighter mission, CJ will become fire resistant.
- After completing the level 12 medic mission, CJ will receive the maximum possible health.
- After completing a level 12 police officer mission, CJ will increase the maximum armor to 150%.
- Completing the level 12 taxi driver's mission will allow you to do unlimited jumps and nitro-accelerations.
Step 4. Look for special items
As with many GTA games, San Andreas is packed with hidden objects scattered throughout the state. If you can find all items of a certain type, you will be rewarded with many points where weapons appear, and in some cases money.
- Marks are graffiti spots that CJ can paint over with the Grove Street Families symbol. Paint over all 100 marks and you will unlock several weapon spots in CJ's Grove Street home.
- Horseshoes are horseshoes. Collect all 50, and CJ will have a significantly greater chance of winning at gambling, and powerful weapons will appear in the Four Dragons casino.
- Photographs are photographic opportunities scattered throughout the city of San Fierro and nowhere else. Take pictures of all 50 and you will earn just over $ 100,000 and new points with weapons in Doherty's Garage.
Step 5. Collect useful vehicles
As long as you have free space in the garage (additional space can be obtained by purchasing additional real estate), you can store vehicles there for later use. From time to time, very useful vehicles will become available for hijacking and storage. These special vehicles can greatly simplify missions in the later stages of the game.
- Look for armored vehicles. The most obvious example is the Reno armored tank, which can be hijacked from Area 69 and hidden in the garage for later use. Getting Reno home is actually not an easy task, but if you can do it, you can keep it in your garage.
- Take off the missions super cars. There are many surprisingly durable vehicles that you can only use during missions. If you fail such a mission (usually by killing the mission boss or destroying the wrong vehicle), you will be left with a closed version of the super car. You can push or drag a dead car into the garage to get it up and running.
- Get a Monster. The appropriately named pickup truck on huge wheels has surprisingly high ground clearance and can simply ride on the roofs of most other cars, making it useful for some racing and pursuit missions. Its excellent suspension and high ground clearance also make it ideal for off-road adventures. You can sometimes find the Monster at the respawn point in the trailer park grounds near Flint Interchange and Flint County.
- Save the tow truck. With a tow truck on hand, you will be able to remove many special vehicles from missions by dragging the car into the garage after you fail the mission. It is also useful for returning destroyed vehicles that you previously saved to their places in your garage for later restoration.
Step 6. Think original
There are many missions that you have to complete in the only possible way, but there are also enough missions, when passing which you can apply a creative approach. Do not hesitate to take the helicopter on a shootout mission and sit on the nearest rooftop to kill enemies with sniper fire or overcome the barricade by accelerating a heavy vehicle to high speed and jumping out of it; after it breaks through the traffic jam, get into a smaller and faster car and drive through the destroyed barricade.