This article will show you how to find slugs in Minecraft. They are found in swamps and underground caves. If you kill a slug, you will receive slime, which can be used to craft sticky pistons and slime blocks.
Part 1 of 2: How to find slugs in the swamp
Step 1. Find the swamp biome
It is characterized by dark trees and grass, lianas hanging from trees, and numerous bodies of water. Typically, the swamp can be found in a ravine or behind a forest. Step 2. Find a flat area.
Swamps are generally flatter than most other biomes, but it is better to find a flat, large area within the swamp biome.
Step 3. Display your coordinates
Press the F3 key on the computer; a white line of text appears at the top left of the screen.
On the console and mobile device, open the map to view the "Y" coordinate
Step 4. Make sure the "Y" coordinate is between 50 and 70
Slugs spawn in swamps between levels 50 and 70.
For reference: sea level is at 65
Step 5. Find a dark place
Its illumination level should not be more than seven. To shade a spot, build walls and a ceiling out of the ground, or simply find a dimly lit spot.
To find out the light level, look at the "rl" value on the second line of text when the coordinates are displayed
Step 6. Make sure the empty space is at least three blocks high
The slug is 2.5 blocks tall, so you may need to remove the foliage (but this can lead to an increase in light levels).
Step 7. Move at least 24 blocks away from the selected location
Otherwise, the slug will not appear; it will also not appear if you move more than 32 blocks away.
Step 8. Wait for the full moon
Slugs are most likely to appear during the full moon, so build a small hut with a bed and sleep until the full moon.
Slugs never appear during the new moon
Step 9. Try to get the slug to appear
Build several platforms, the distance between which should be at least three blocks, to increase the number of surfaces on which slugs can appear.
If you do this, make sure all platforms are at level 50–70
Part 2 of 2: How to Find Slug Chunks
Step 1. Find a cave below level 40
If the slug doesn't appear in the swamp, try to find it underground. Slugs spawn in caves located in chunks that are 16 x 16 x 16 blocks.
The chance of finding a slug in a cave is one in ten
Step 2. Place torches in the cave
Do this to scare away mobs and make digging easier.
Step 3. Clear an area of 16 x 16 x 16 blocks
This will create a chunk. Most likely, the slugs will not spawn right away, so build additional platforms.
Step 4. Build several platforms one block thick
Place them vertically - the distance between the platforms should not be less than 3 blocks. Such platforms allow you to increase the number of surfaces on which slugs can appear.
Step 5. Move at least 24 blocks away from the created chunk
Otherwise, the slug will not appear.
Step 6. Wait for the slug to appear
If this does not happen within 24 hours of game time, find another cave.
- Slugs often appear in super-flat worlds, as these worlds are close to the lower level.
- Do not look for slugs on the night of the new moon, because they do not appear during this time.
- In the flat world, slugs can be found even during the day.
- Be sure to save the mucus. With its help, you can craft some items (leashes, sticky pistons, slime blocks, and so on).
- Enter / summon slime in the chat window to spawn slime.
- When creating a chunk, make each piece two blocks high. In this case, the slugs will not be able to move, and you can easily destroy them.
- Be careful when creating a chunk because the underground caves are full of hostile mobs.
- Slugs do not appear in areas with mushrooms.
- Finding slugs is a trial and error process.
- Keep in mind that large and medium slugs will damage you. Small slugs are harmless.