As you progress through Minecraft, you will realize that walking is not the most efficient way to travel long distances. Running is the best option, but it decreases the level of satiety. Therefore, the obvious choice is to create a rail network. Typically, such a network is easy to build and can be used to quickly travel long distances.
Part 1 of 2: How to Create Rail Network Components
Step 1. Decide how long you want to build a rail network
The length of the network is not limited, but you need to know approximately how many blocks it will take and how many rails it will take.
Try to walk from the intended beginning of the railroad to its end. This will help you plan your route as well as find out what obstacles are in the way
Step 2. Memorize the components of the railroad
To build a rail network, you need four basic elements:
- Trolley - a vehicle on rails.
- Rails - ordinary rails on which the trolley moves.
- Electric rails - rails, which are activated by a red stone and speed up the minecart (or prevent it from slowing down). If the electric rails are not activated by the redstone, they will slow down (and eventually stop) the minecart.
- Red torches - power supply for every 14 electric rails. Such torches are not needed for conventional rails.
Step 3. Collect the required resources
To create a rail network, you need the following elements:
- Iron ingots - every 16 rails can be crafted from six iron ingots. The minecart is made from five iron ingots. To get iron ingots, smelt iron ore in a furnace.
- Sticks - one stick is needed for every 16 rails. It also takes one stick to craft one lever and one red torch. To get four sticks, add two boards (one on top of the other) to the workbench.
- Gold bars - are used to create electric rails. For every six of these rails, six gold bars are required. To get one gold bar, smelt gold ore in a furnace.
- Red stone - get a red stone with an iron pickaxe (or better).
- Cobblestone - to create one lever you need one cobblestone.
Step 4. Open the workbench
To do this, place it on the ground and right-click.
Step 5. Create a minecart
Add one iron ingot to the top left, top right, middle left, center and middle right crafting table slots, and then drag the crafted minecart to your inventory.
Step 6. Craft the rails
Add one iron ingot to each of the left and right column slots of the workbench, add one stick to the center slot, and then drag the rails to your inventory..
- This makes 16 rails; if you need to create more rails, increase the crafting ingredients accordingly.
- On the console, go to the Red Stone and Vehicles tab, select the Rails option and press A or X until you have created enough rails.
Step 7. Craft electrical rails
Such rails are needed much less than the usual ones. Add one gold bar to each slot of the left and right columns of the workbench, add one stick to the center slot, and then add one red stone to the bottom middle slot. Now drag the electric rails into your inventory.
- This will craft 6 electric rails; if you need to create more of these rails, increase the crafting ingredients accordingly.
- On the console, go to the Red Stone and Vehicles tab, select the Rails option, scroll down to the Electric Rails option and press A or X until you have created enough rails.
Step 8. Craft red torches
Add the same number of sticks and redstones to the center and top middle slots respectively, and then drag the torches into your inventory.
Step 9. Craft the levers
Add the same amount of cobblestones and sticks to the bottom middle and center slots respectively, and then drag the levers to your inventory. Now you can start building the rail network.
Part 2 of 2: How to Build a Railroad
Step 1. Select rails
Do this on the quick access bar at the bottom of the screen.
Step 2. Lay down the rails
Look at the ground and then right click on it, tap it, or press the left trigger to set the rails.
- Rails can be placed on hillsides (and in general on any incline).
- If the rail block is set at a 90 ° angle to the main road, a turn will result.
Step 3. Lay down the electrical rails
It is not necessary to make long sections with such rails, but they must be evenly distributed throughout the entire railway network in order for the trolley to move.
This is especially important if the minecart will move uphill
Step 4. Place the red torches on the electric rails
This is how you activate them. If the electric rails are not activated by the redstone, they will slow down (and eventually stop) the minecart.
One red stone activates 14 electric rails
Step 5. Place the lever next to the rails
The lever turns the power to the electric rails on and off - this is useful if you need to make a stop at a certain point on the rail network.
Step 6. Install a solid block at the beginning and end of the railroad
This will prevent the trolley from flying off the tracks and getting stuck.
If you don't, the minecart will go off the rails (at the end of the track) and you will have to create a new one
Step 7. Place the cart at the beginning of the path
Select the minecart from the Quick Access Toolbar, turn to the start of the road and right-click, tap or press the left trigger.
Step 8. Sit in the cart
To do this, turn to the minecart and select it.
Step 9. Look ahead and click the "Forward" button
By default, this button is W (Computer), Up Arrow (Minecraft PE), and Left Stick Up (Console). The cart will go forward.
To change the direction of the cart, turn the other way and press the "Forward" button again
- The railroad can be equipped as you like. For example, build tunnels, bridges, stations and the like.
- To create a realistic railroad network, use the mod. For example Traincraft, Rails of War, and Immersive Railroading.