SkyBlock is a famous survival map in Minecraft that has gained popularity since its inception. The mission of this map is to survive on an island in the sky with little or no resources. Thanks to SkyBlock, players have gained more experience and skills in the art of survival in Minecraft. This guide will give you a similar experience.
Method 1 of 3: Install and Download the Skyblock Map (Single Player)
Step 1. Find the Skyblock card
Go to https://www.google.com and enter skyblock map in the search bar to find sites with the latest version of the Skyblock map. Here are a couple of sites where you can download the Skyblock map:
Step 2. Download the Skyblock map
When you find a suitable Skyblock map, click on the download button to download a zip archive of map files.
3 Show hidden files and folders (Windows only).
On Windows, it may be necessary to show hidden files and folders in order to display the Minecraft save folder.
Step 4. Extract the map file to your Minecraft save folder
Use an archiver such as Winzip, WinRAR or 7-Zip to extract the folder from the zip archive. Unzip the entire folder to your Minecraft save folder. The location of the save folder depends on the OS and the version of Minecraft installed (the folder name corresponds to the username in Windows, MacOS or Linux).
Java Edition on Windows 10.
C: \ Users \ AppData \ Roaming \.minecraft \ saves
Windows 10 (Bedrock) Edition.
C: \ Users \ AppData \ Local \ Packages \ Microsoft. MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe \ LocalState \ games \ com.mojang \ minecraftWorlds
Java Edition on Mac.
Users // libary / application_support / minecraft / saves
- Java Edition on Linux:/ home // minecraft / saves /
Step 5. Start Minecraft
Open Minecraft Launcher (Java Edition) or click on the Minecraft (Windows 10 Edition) icon to launch Minecraft. If they are not on your desktop, open the Windows Start menu or the Applications folder on your Mac.
Step 6. Click Play
It's the green button at the bottom of Minecraft Launcher, or the big gray button on the Windows 10 Minecraft home screen.
Step 7. Click Singleplayer (Java Edition only)
In Minecraft Java Edition, click Single Player to display a list of single player maps.
Step 8. Select the Skyblock card
After you copy the map to the save folder, it will appear in the list of maps for Minecraft. Select a Skyblock map to download it.
Some maps created in Java Edition may not work correctly in Windows 10 (Bedrock) Edition, and vice versa
Step 9. Click Play Selected World (Java Edition only)
If you are playing Minecraft Java Edition, click on Play Selected World.
Method 2 of 3: Connecting to a Skyblock Server (Online Play)
Step 1. Find the Minecraft Skyblock server
Go to https://www.google.com and enter the request for Minecraft Skyblock server. The pages with the list of Skyblock servers are displayed. If you are playing Windows 10 (Bedrock) edition, search for Windows 10 or Bedrock. A list of websites with Minecraft servers will be displayed. These servers include:
- https://minecraft-server-list.com/sort/Skyblock/ (Java Edition)
- https://topminecraftservers.org/type/Skyblock (Java Edition)
- https://minecraftservers.org/type/skyblock (Java Edition)
- https://minecraftpocket-servers.com/tag/skyblock/ (Bedrock Edition)
Step 2. Click Copy under the server you want to add
There should be a button labeled "Copy" under each server in the list. Click on this button to copy the server address.
For Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, you will need to copy the server address as well as click on the server banner and note down the port number
Step 3. Start Minecraft
Click on the Minecraft Launcher (Java Edition) or the Minecraft icon (Windows 10 Edition) to launch Minecraft. If they are not on your desktop, open the Windows Start menu or the Applications folder on your Mac.
Step 4. Click Play
It's the green button at the bottom of Minecraft Launcher, or the big gray button on the Windows 10 Minecraft home screen.
Step 5. Click Online Play or Servers.
If you are playing Minecraft Java Edition, click Online game.
If you are playing Windows 10 Edition, click Servers.
Step 6. Click the Add button
In Minecraft Java Edition, it is located in the lower right corner of the multiplayer menu. In Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, it is at the top of the server list.
Step 7. Add server information
Enter the server name in the Server Name field. Paste the copied address into the "Server Address" field. In Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, you must also enter a port number in the Port field.
Step 8. Click Save or Ready to guard a server on your server list.
If you are playing Windows 10 Edition, click Save.
If you are playing Java Edition, click Ready.
Step 9. Select the server you just added
The game will be loaded on this server. You will most likely appear in a central hub containing various games, instructions, and other players.
Step 10. Find the Skyblock game
Each server has its own format. On some servers, besides Skyblock, there are many other games. Find Skyblock. It could be a villager labeled "Skyblock", a portal labeled "Skyblock", or a wall with instructions to start the game.
Step 11. Follow the instructions
Follow the instructions to start a new Skyblock game. The content of the instructions depends on the server. As a rule, to create a new Skyblock island or join an existing one, it is enough to enter a command into the terminal. Press T to open a terminal. As soon as you enter the command indicated in the instructions, you will find yourself on the new Skyblock island.
Method 3 of 3: Passing the Skyblock
Step 1. Use the sneak mode to avoid falling off the edge
Hold down the Shift key while dragging to enable sneak mode.
Step 2. Collect the seedlings from the first tree
No seedlings - no trees, so if you don't collect at least one seedling from your first tree, you will have to start over. Break the leaves of the first tree to collect the seedlings.
Step 3. Get firewood from the first tree
After you collect some seedlings from the leaves, harvest the wood from the tree with your hand.
Step 4. Plant a sapling on a block of earth in the far corner of the island
In the future, this will protect the tree from lava and prevent its loss (as well as apples and seedlings) from fire.
Increase your chances of catching seedlings by using a few blocks of soil from the top layer to extend the platform around the bottom of the tree
Step 5. Collect wood and seedlings after the tree is ripe
When the seedlings are ripe, collect the seedlings from the leaves, and then the wood itself. Plant the harvested seedlings.
Step 6. Create a workbench
When you have enough wood, create a workbench.
Save two wooden blocks (don't turn them into planks) to create your first charcoal later
Step 7. Make a wooden pickaxe
Use a piece of wood to create wood planks and sticks. Then use the workbench to create a wooden pickaxe.
Step 8. Create a 2x2 block of water
A pool can be crafted from two ice blocks in a chest. You must have enough land to create a 2x2 block pool, but the farthest parts of the pool from the lava can be covered with planks if necessary. This gives you an endless source of water, as no matter how many buckets of water you take out of the pool, it will automatically replenish.
Step 9. Create a cobblestone generator
One of the easiest ways is to dig a hole 4 blocks long and deepen the second block to a depth of 2 blocks. Now pour a bucket of water into the end that is closer to the recessed part, and place lava on the other end.
- To create a simple cobblestone generator, use the following block sequence (G = Earth, H = Water, R = Empty space, L = Lava):
- To create a more compact generator, use the following construction: (H = earth block, R = empty block, B = cobblestone, H = water and L = lava)
Step 10. "Mine" the cobblestone from the generator
Mixing water with lava creates cobblestone.
Combine a water source and a cobblestone generator if you like
Step 11. Create a furnace
Use the workbench to craft a stove with eight blocks of cobblestone and burn one piece of wood in it using the second saved piece as fuel to get your first coal. Craft torches.
Step 12. Create a fishing rod
Use the sticks and strings from the supply chest to craft a fishing rod. A fishing rod and stove will not let you starve to death while waiting for the garden to begin to bear fruit.
Step 13. Continue to mine cobblestones
Once you have collected enough cobblestones, extend the platform to the bottom of the island and collect the ground, being careful not to destroy the cobblestone generator.
- Note: If you create a cobblestone slab, you can double the surface area you create with the same amount of raw materials. This method will also prevent mobs from spawning in dimly lit areas.
- Note: The number of land blocks is limited. To avoid losing ground blocks, lay out a platform under the island that will catch whatever falls from above.
- To do this, remove one block next to the cobblestone and pour a bucket of water into it, creating a waterfall that you can swim on.
- Jump down and place 4 cobblestone blocks in a descending column / tower. Replenish air, then jump back into the water and position one block perpendicular to the bottom of the column right below the hole you made earlier. Swim back to the surface.
- Get out of the water and fill the bucket with water.
- Install the ladder and go down to the perpendicular block. Extend the lower level or platform 4 blocks below the original island.
- The platform will be below the main level. Leave it unlit and use it to spawn mobs or place torches so they don't spawn.
Step 14. Consider creating a mob spawner
To do this, it is enough to build a platform without lighting. This will give you access to loot from mobs such as strings, bones (bone meal for gardening), specialized tools, and so on.
Step 15. Consider creating a "pasture"
It must be 24 blocks from the main work area in order to spawn animals for food and other resources.
Step 16. Keep playing
Then you can do whatever you want. Expand your home, create a more efficient mob spawner, grow your mob farm - the possibilities are endless. Skyblock is considered passed when you either complete all tasks, or cannot move on without using third-party programs.
- If you accidentally turned lava to obsidian, right click on it to convert it back to lava.
- If you are unsure how to create a cobblestone generator, do some research online to avoid accidentally turning lava into obsidian.
- Cover the water to keep it from freezing, or place a torch next to it. Any roof above the water is suitable for this task. The roof can also be used to protect the garden from snow in cold biomes.
- In version 1.0 and above, animals spawn 24 blocks away from you, so you won't be able to use them as a food / resource source. Build a mob spawner in the dark room to extract threads and make wool, and use the farm to create bread.
- Leave the patch of grass until you create a farm, as you will need it to collect seeds and spawn farm animals. Grow grass on the ground to move it later. Note that in order for animals to spawn, you will need to build a ground-covered platform at least 24 blocks from the main platform. Light it well to prevent hostile mobs from spawning. Place a 5x5 block (minimum) dirt / grass patch and wait. Kill useless mobs (horses and donkeys are unusable as they require saddles that are not available in SkyBlock) in order to replace them with useful ones. Sheep are especially good because they can produce wool (bed!) And mutton (food!).
- Make sure that the earth does not fall off the edge. Each block is important, as you will not be able to get more.
- To get more iron, create an iron farm. To do this, build an artificial village so that inhabitants appear in it. After a sufficient number of inhabitants appear in the "village", iron golems will spawn to protect them. Kill iron golems for iron mining.
- Mobs spawn 24 blocks away from the player, so light up the platform as it expands to prevent mobs from ruining your game.
- You will not be able to sleep in Skyblock if you are playing on a server because there are other players playing Skyblock on it.
- Keep your bucket safe as you won't get another.
- You will not be able to continue playing further if:
- you will not have tree seedlings left;
- you will not have grass seeds left;
- you will lose too much land (no farm or trees);
- you will lose sand (no glass or cactus farm).