The Ancient Heavenly Pillar is home to the elusive legendary Pokémon Rayquaza. You will need to wake Rayquaza in order to stop the destructive battle between Kiorge and Groudon. By waking Rayquaza, you will also be able to catch him in your team. Read on to find out how to accomplish both tasks.
Step 1. Go to the town of Sootopolis
In order to unlock the Heavenly Pillar, you need to talk to Wallace in the city of Sootopolis. To get to this city you need a Pokémon with Dive and Surf abilities. You can get a Pokemon with Surf in the city of Petalburg, and with the Dive ability - in the city of Mosdeep, after you defeat each leader of the hall.
- Before continuing, you will need to complete the event with Team Aqua, who will awaken Kiorge.
- Follow path 126 in the southeast of the map.
- Swim across to the south side of the volcano that emerged from the water. Swim into a dark spot in the water.
- Go through the hole on the south side of the volcano. On the other side of the passage, use the Dive skill again to enter the town of Sootopolis.
Step 2. Find Wallace
It can be found in the Cave of Origin, which is located on the southern shore of Lake Sootopolis. In order to get to Wallace, you will need to talk to Stephen west of the hall.
Talking to Wallace will open a passage to the Heavenly Pillar
Step 3. Before going to the Heavenly Pillar, buy everything you need
Go to the Pokécenter to heal all Pokémon and buy Pokeballs and other items.
Step 4. Set off on Path 131
The Heavenly Pillar can be reached by swimming from the city of Sootopolis or by flying to the city of Pasifidlog and then sailing east.
If you haven't made it to Pasifidlog yet, take a look here to add this city to your map. Then you can fly when you want, and from here it is much easier to get to the Heavenly Pillar
Step 5. Find the entrance to the Heavenly Pillar
The cave entrance to the Heavenly Pillar is in the upper right corner of Route 131. In order to find it, you will have to swim over some rock formations.
Enter the cave and then exit at the top. Continue walking to the top of the screen. At the end you will see the entrance to the huge Heavenly Pillar
Step 6. Climb the tower
In order to meet Rayquaza you will have to climb four floors. The level of opponents in the tower is from 30 to 40.
- Take this opportunity to catch Claydol, as well as Golbat if you don't already have one.
- On the third floor, after reaching a dead end, you will need to fall into a pit. After that, you will find yourself in front of several doors that you could not get to before. Go to the left room to get to the fourth floor.
Step 7. Wake Rayquaza
As soon as you approach Rayquaza at the top of the Heavenly Pillar, it will wake up and fly away. You will not be able to fight him now. Instead, return to Sootopolis to see Rekwaza stop the battle between the two Legendary Pokémon. When the battle is over, all three Pokémon will disappear.
Step 8. When you are ready to catch Rayquaza, return to the Heavenly Pillar
When Rayquaza leaves the city, he will return to the top of the Heavenly Pillar. In order to get to it, you need a Mach Bike from a bike shop near Movil.
Rayquaza is level 70, so make sure your team is ready for a long battle and that you have all the necessary items and pokeballs. You can of course use the masterball to catch it right away, but if you don't want to waste it, you can reduce Rayquaza's health and catch it with low-level Pokeballs. Read this article to find out more information on how to effectively fight Rayquaza
- To get around the pits you need a Mach Bike and a few tries.
- If you do not want to be attacked by annoying wild Pokémon, you can use the maximum reflector on yourself.
- Take strong Pokémon.