Eevee is one of the few Pokémon that constantly received new branches of evolution with the release of new Pokémon games. There are currently 8 different Ivyluts available: Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leatheon, Glaseon, and Sylveon. The evolutions available are determined by the game you are playing. Upgrading Eevee in one of his evolutions can provide a significant increase in stats, as well as the ability to learn new skills.
Part 1 of 4: Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon
Step 1. Decide which elemental Pokémon you want to upgrade Eevee into
If you give Evie a stone of water, lightning or fire, he can evolve into Vaporeon, Jolteon or Flareon. If you give Evie one of these stones, it will immediately evolve into a form associated with that stone.
These evolutions are possible in every Pokemon game and are the only evolutions that are possible in the Blue, Red and Yellow games
Step 2. Find the required stone
The location and method of obtaining stones depends on which version of the game you are playing. They are easiest to find in the original Pokémon games, as you only need to buy them.
- Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow - The stones can be bought at the shop in the city of Celadon.
- Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald - You can exchange shards for stones with an underwater treasure hunter. You can also find the Water Stone on the Abandoned Ship, the Lightning Stone in New Movil, and the Fire Stone on the Fire Trail.
- Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum - The stones can be found by mining them in the Metro. In the Platinum version, they can also be found in the Ruins of Solaseon.
- Pokémon Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 - The stones can be found in Dust Clouds in the caves, as well as in various trading places, depending on the version of the game.
- Pokémon X and Y - Stones can be bought in Lumios Town at the Stone Shopping Center, obtained through Super Secret Training, or won by defeating Inver on Path 18. You can also find the Fire and Water Stone on Path 9, and the Lightning Stone on Paths 10 and 11.
Step 3. Apply the stone
When you get the desired stone, you need to give it to Evie. After that, evolution will immediately begin and after a few moments you will have your new Vaporeon, Jolteon or Flareon. Evolution is not reversible and can be performed at any level.
After evolution, the stone will disappear
Part 2 of 4: Espeon and Umbreon
Step 1. Depending on when you level it up, evolve Evie into Espeon or Umbreon
In order to complete one of these evolutions, your Evie must have a high friendship or happiness score with a coach. Friendship level must be 220 or higher.
You can upgrade Eevee to Umbreon or Espeon only in games of the second generation and later. This is because there was no time element in the original games, as well as the FireRed and LeafGreen Pokémon
Step 2. Raise the level of friendship with Evie
Using Evie in battles, as well as his presence in the group, will help raise his friendship level, which will allow him to evolve. You can also take special actions to build friendships faster.
- Courting Evie will give you a big friendship bonus.
- With each increase in level, Evie receives a friendship bonus.
- Every 512 steps gives a small increase in friendship.
- Using healing items will lower the level of friendship, and with each loss of consciousness, Evie will also lose a little friendship. Don't heal Eevee in battle, use the Pokémon Center instead.
Step 3. Check your friendship level
You can check your friendship level by talking to a woman in Goldenrod town. If she says, “He looks very happy! He probably loves you a lot!”, Which means Evie is ready to evolve.
Step 4. In order to get the desired evolution, you must improve Eevee during a certain time of the day
Whether it is day or night, you will get a different evolution. You can evolve Eevee either in battle or with the help of Rare Candy.
- Upgrade Eevee in the afternoon (4am to 6pm) to get Espeon.
- Upgrade Eevee at night (6pm to 4am) to get an Umbreon.
Part 3 of 4: Leatheon and Glaseon
Step 1. Upgrade Eevee into Leatheon or Glaseon by leveling up next to the correct stone
In the 4th generation of Pokemon games (Diamond, Pearl and Platinum) and above, you can find Mossy Stone (Leatheon) and Ice Stone (Glaseon) while exploring the world. Upgrade Eevee in the same zone as one of these stones in order to start evolution.
- The Evolutions of Mossy Stone and Icestone will supplant other available evolutions like Umbreon and Espeon.
- These stones are items on the game map and cannot be picked up or purchased. You just have to be in the same zone as these stones, they don't even have to be on your screen. Depending on the version of the game, the stone can be found in different locations.
Step 2. Find the Mossy Stone
Mossy Stone will upgrade Eevee to Leatheon. One Mossy Stone can be found in each game.
- Diamond, Pearl and Platinum - Mossy stone in the Eterna Forest. You can evolve anywhere in this forest, with the exception of the Old Palace.
- Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 - Mossy Stone can be found in the Twisted Forest. You can perform evolution anywhere in this forest.
- X and Y - The mossy stone is on Path 20. You can evolve anywhere along this Path.
Step 3. Find the Ice Stone
Icestone will upgrade your Eevee to Glaseon. One such stone can be found in each game.
- Diamond, Pearl and Platinum - Icestone can be found near Snowpoint town on Route 27. You can upgrade Eevee anywhere near this stone.
- Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 - The Ice Stone is located on the bottom floor of Twisting Mountain to the west of the city of Itsirrus. In order to perform the transformation, you must be in the same room with the Ice Stone.
- X and Y - The Ice Stone is located in the Cave of Frost, north of the city of Dendemille. In order to get to the stone and make the evolution, you will need the "Surf" skill.
Step 4. Improve Eevee
To complete the evolution, you need to raise the level of Evie. You can do this in battle or use Rare Candy. Evolution will happen automatically if you are near a stone.
Part 4 of 4: Sylveon
Step 1. Teach Eevee the magic type skills
In order to get Sylveon, you first need to make Evie learn magic type skills. As the level rises, Evie will learn the Doll Eyes skill at level 9 and Charm at level 29. Evie must learn one of these skills in order to be able to evolve.
Step 2. Play the Pokémon-Amie mini-game
In the 6th generation of Pokémon games (X and Y), you can play with your Pokémon, increasing its Affection towards you. Enhancing Affection affects various attributes and characteristics, and also allows some special evolutions to be performed. Raising Eevee's affection to two hearts will allow him to become Sylveon.
Affection and Friendship have nothing to do with each other
Step 3. Feed Eevee Poke Puffs
In the Pokémon-Amie minigame, feeding Eevee Poke Puffs will increase his Affection Level. The tastier the puff is, the more Affection you get.
Step 4. Iron and five your Eevee
Doing the right interactions will increase the level of Affection. You can heel by holding the stylus in one place for a few seconds. Evie will raise her paw and you can touch it to raise Affection.
Step 5. Improve Eevee
When you get the skill and two hearts of Affection, you can evolve Evie into Sylveon. In order to start the evolution, you need to increase the level of Eevee. You can do this in battle or by using Rare Candy.