The best thing about the Xbox 360 console is playing video games online. But before you can do that, you must create an Xbox Live gamertag.
Step 1. Create an MSN account
Go to www.msn.com, click Login and then Register.
Step 2. Wait for confirmation email
This can take up to 10 minutes.
Step 3. Go to www.xbox.com and click Register
Step 4. Enter your details and choose a name, avatar and so on
Step 5. Enter your MSN registration address
Step 6. If you want to get Silver Membership, then you're done
If you want to play games online then keep reading.
Step 7. Click the Next button and then click the Update button
Step 8. Enter your credit card number or promo code
Step 9. Wait for confirmation email
This will take about 1-2 minutes.
Step 10. Wait for PM on the forums, as soon as you receive it, then click on the verification link
Step 11. Congratulations, you did it
- If this is your first account created, then opt for the Silver Membership and get a free account for a month.
- A lot of people have already created a Gamertag, so there aren't many nicknames left for you to choose.
- If you are a minor and your parents have approved M-rated games, you can create an adult account with a different date of birth. This way you won't have any problems if you want to play M-ranked games.
- You must have a ready-made credit card or prepaid promo card.
- It really looks cool when you put two random words together. Example: FruityNinja99. Be sure to add a 2-digit number. This will give character.
- If you are an experienced player, then try adding X's to your Tag, as they say, to show superiority. Example: XxDarkSpartanxX. The gamertag can only be 15 characters long.
- Game ratings can be changed by playing online.
- You should never use someone else's credit card without permission.
- Don't use an offensive gamertag. If you do this, then other players have the right to file a complaint against you. Also, make sure you like your Tag. If you want to change the tag, it costs 800 Microsoft Points.
- Children under 13 should not use the Internet without parental permission.