Scratching an Xbox disc is very easy, but getting it to work again is another matter. You can usually fix this problem with disc repair paste, but it won't fix circular scratches.
Step 1. Remove the disc from the Xbox
Step 2. Turn off your Xbox and then remove the disc
Try opening and closing the drive tray several times with a two second pause, repeating this procedure 20-30 times. If the disk works again, you won't have to resort to other methods.
Step 3. If the simple solution does not work well, choose one of the following methods to try to restore the game with it
Method 1 of 9: Polishing the disc
Step 1. Blow on the surface of the disc or use a soft brush to remove any debris from the disc before polishing
Step 2. Take a soft, lint-free polishing cloth (such as a glass wiper) and moisten it
As a last resort, use a damp piece of toilet paper (toilet paper should be soft, not cheap and rough)
Step 3. Wipe the shiny side of the disc (other than the picture and name) with a damp cloth or toilet paper
Step 4. Wipe the disc dry
Use a dry polishing cloth or other lint-free cloth. Do not use toilet paper or paper towels, as their rough surfaces can further damage the disc. But an old clean T-shirt will do very well.
Step 5. Insert the disc into the Xbox
He must earn. If not, try cleaning it again, but no more than five times.
Method 2 of 9: Using soap or cleaner
Step 1. Use soap or Domol
Dampen a paper towel and wipe the disc from the center outward. Do not rub in a circular motion, otherwise data tracks may be scratched, rendering the disc unusable.
Step 2. Use a furniture cleaner
It will hopefully remove most of the scratches.
Method 3 of 9: Using toothpaste
Step 1. Rub the disc with toothpaste
Use a paste, not a gel. Also dampen a suitable soft cloth.
Step 2. Rub from the center, working towards the edge of the disc
Step 3. Wipe off the toothpaste with a damp cloth and then wipe the disc dry
Step 4. Try to start the disc
He must earn.
Method 4 of 9: Using body polish paste
Step 1. Use a car polish paste
- Take a dry cloth and apply some paste (eg K2-Turbo) to it.
- Rub in the paste in a circular motion for 15-20 minutes, then wipe it off with a dry cloth. Another option is to put a drop of the product on a cotton pad and rub it in a circular motion.
- This method removes the scratches left by the dust when the disc is wobbling in the tray when the console is standing upright or in motion.
Method 5 of 9: Using Peanut Butter
Step 1. Use peanut butter
As strange as it may sound, this method is quite effective.
- Apply some peanut butter to a lint-free cloth.
- Do not rub in the oil in a circular motion. The oils will help remove scratches.
- Try reinserting the disc into your Xbox console.
Method 6 of 9: Using rubbing alcohol
Step 1. Pour some rubbing alcohol onto a cotton pad
Step 2. Wipe the disc from the center outward until completely covered with alcohol
Step 3. Wait for the disc to dry before reinserting it into the console
Method 7 of 9: Using Candle Wax
Step 1. Take melted wax from a regular candle
Step 2. Gently pour the wax over the scratches
Rub it with a soft cloth.
Step 3. Wipe off excess wax with a damp cloth
The wax should be smooth over the entire surface of the disc.
Step 4. Leave the disc to dry for 5-10 minutes
Try to start the disc. Did the disc start? Fine. If not, then try again.
Method 8 of 9: Using the Vanish Oxi Action
Step 1. Use Vanish Oxi Action, a proprietary product available from your supermarket
Step 2. Coat the shiny side of the disc with powder
Step 3. Wait 5-10 minutes
Step 4. Wipe off all powder with a soft, damp cloth
Step 5. Insert the disc into the Xbox
It will become clean enough and should start up.
Method 9 of 9: Other Possible Solutions
Step 1. Take the disc to a gaming or computer store
Ask the store staff to restore the disk.
Step 2. If your friend has the same game, borrow a disc from them, install the game on their hard drive, and hope the Xbox recognizes it
Since the console cannot read data from the disk, this technique may work.
- If round scratches appear on the disc, then the reason is that the position of the console has changed from horizontal to vertical or vice versa. As a result, the parts of the laser rubbed against the surface of the disk during its rotation, leaving behind large scratches. If the disc cannot be read, it indicates that it is permanently damaged.
- If you have an Xbox 360, your discs will scratch over time. Therefore, when purchasing games, buy an extended warranty whenever possible. Take advantage of this tip, especially if you often take your console and games when visiting friends.
- Meguiars PlasticX polish can be used instead of toothpaste. It is also suitable for CD / DVD recovery. Follow the instructions on the package.
- The delicate part of a CD or DVD is the top. The shiny underside of a disc can be cleaned / polished as soon as it is scratched, but if the top gets scratched, the data layer just below the surface can be damaged and the disc cannot be recovered.
- Some video rental shops provide a CD cleaning service for a small fee.
- Make sure the disc is dry on both sides.
- Discs with a lot of scratches can be repaired at game stores using a disc refurbisher.
- If the disk is cracked or burst, then it will definitely not work.
- If there are a lot of scratches on the disc, then it will definitely not work.
- Place the disc under a lamp or other light source to remove minor scratches.
- Never apply the toothpaste in a circular motion, otherwise you will scratch the disc even more.
- Be careful not to stain or scratch the disc further!
- Make sure no abrasive particles are left on the disc and polishing tool before polishing.
- Attempting to start a wet disc may damage the console.
- Using the wrong cloth or paper to polish the disc will only scratch the disc further.