Clash of Clans is a popular mobile game where you build your village and attack other players. Gems are one of the main currencies in Clash of Clans, with which you can speed up the production or construction of special buildings. Gems are quite difficult to get because the developers want you to buy them in the in-game store for real money. But with a well-thought-out plan, you won't even spend a ruble on gems.
Part 1 of 3: Completing Achievements
Step 1. Take a look at the list of achievements
Clash of Clans rewards you for completing specific objectives in the game. For completing these achievements, you will receive a reward, which can also be gems. The more difficult the achievement, the more gems you get.
- When you open the achievements window, you will see the current progress of the available achievements. Focus your game on completing these achievements as quickly as possible.
- Each achievement has three levels, with an increased reward for each subsequent level.
Step 2. Fight with other players
The most valuable achievements are tasks that involve battles with other players. For completing these achievements, you can get thousands of gems. Some of the most valuable achievements include:
- Sweet victory! - This achievement can be obtained for winning trophies in multiplayer battles. For winning 1,250 trophies, you will receive 450 gems.
- Indestructible - This achievement can be obtained for successfully defending against attackers. For defending 1000 attacks, you will receive 100 gems.
- Friend in Need - This achievement is completed if you provide reinforcements to your allies. For providing 25,000 people with reinforcements, you will receive 250 gems.
- All-Star League - This achievement can be obtained by completing the Clash of Clans League. By joining the Crystal League, you will receive 250 Gems. Upon reaching the Master League, you will receive 1000 gems. If you become a champion, you will receive 2000 gems.
- Firefighter - This achievement can be completed by destroying your opponent's Inferno Tower. For destroying 5000 towers, you will receive 1000 gems.
- War Hero - This achievement is achieved by earning a star for your clan in a war. Having received 1000 stars, you will earn 1000 gems.
- Trophies of War - This achievement can be completed by collecting the gold you get in the war. After earning 100, 000, 000 gold, you will receive 1000 gems.
Step 3. Carry out less profitable achievements
The game has a number of various achievements that are not related to battles, for the completion of which you will also receive a certain amount of gems. These achievements can be obtained for improving your city, but you will not receive as many gems as for combat achievements. Complete achievements by removing obstacles, upgrading the town hall, stealing gold, unlocking units such as the Archer or Dragon, and completing the campaign.
You will usually receive up to 20 gems for completing these achievements
Part 2 of 3: Removing Obstacles
Step 1. Find plants and stones in your village
These are obstacles that must be removed in order for a building to be built on this site. When you first start the game, there will be about 40 such objects near your village.
Gold is spent on removing stones, and elixir is spent on removing plants
Step 2. Start removing obstacles
By removing the obstacle, you will receive from 0 to 6 gems. The number of gems received is predetermined and set in the following sequence:
- 6, 0, 4, 5, 1, 3, 2, 0, 0, 5, 1, 0, 3, 4, 0, 0, 5, 0, 1, 0
- At the end, the sequence is repeated again.
- The stones do not appear again, which cannot be said for plants.
Step 3. Leave room for plant growth
Plants will grow every eight hours, allowing you to harvest them again for gems. But they will not appear again if the whole place in your village is occupied. The plant must have a free cell between it and another object, which means that the nearby 8 cells around the plant must also be empty.
Step 4. Complete the achievement
For removing obstacles in your village, you will complete the achievement. After removing five obstacles, you will receive five gems. When you remove 50 obstacles, you will receive 10 gems. When you remove 500 obstacles, you will receive 20 gems.
Part 3 of 3: Smart Waste of Gems
Step 1. Save your original gems
When you start a new game, you will receive 500 gems. Do not, under any circumstances, waste these gems on speeding up the construction time of your village. Wait patiently for their completion, you will still need these gems.
In the tutorial, you will be advised to spend gems to speed up production times. Ignore these tips to save gems for a later period
Step 2. Don't buy resources
In Clash of Clans, you can buy game resources with your gems. Do not do that. While this will save you time, you can get all of these resources simply by playing the game.
Step 3. Place all your gems in the builders' houses
Builder Houses are the most rewarding buildings you can buy as they give you more builders, allowing you to build buildings much faster. All your gems should be focused on buying these building houses. When you build all five houses, you can spend gems on other things.
- You can buy gems for real money, although this can be quite expensive.
- By joining one of the top three clans, you will receive a significant amount of gems. In order to get these gems, you must be one of the ten best players of this clan, that is, one of the thirty best players in the world.