Are you bored with your Sims 3 character, or just wanted to create a ghost that will periodically come out of its grave? If so, be aware that there are more ways to interrupt a Sim's virtual life than you might imagine, especially in a DLC game.
Method 1 of 3: Killing a Sim in the base game without add-ons
Step 1. Kill the sim with fire
Buy the cheapest stove or grill and have a sim with a low cooking skill use it to cook food. Alternatively, you can place a flammable object next to the fireplace and have your Sim periodically light the fireplace. If during an hour of playing time a Sim is on fire, then he dies and becomes an orange ghost.
- Some Sims have the hidden ability to survive a fire for three hours. Firefighters cannot be killed with fire at all.
- There are many other ways of organizing a fire in additions to the game. However, they are not mentioned below as they lead to the same results anyway.
Step 2. Arrange an electric shock accident
Have a sim with a low mechanic skill several times fix or upgrade an electrical appliance. The first incident will result in a "burn", and if the second electric shock is received before the effect of the first shock passes, the character will die. You can increase the risk by having a puddle under your feet and repairing complex expensive electronics. In this case, the ghost of the deceased sim will be yellow.
- A Sim with the Jack of all Trades trait cannot die of electric shock. Also, the risk of death from electric shock is low for characters with a well-developed mechanic skill.
- If a sim has only the first level of mastery of mechanics, then the chance of getting an electric shock is quite impressive.
Step 3. Make your Sim starve
Remove the refrigerator, stove, oven, and phone so your Sim doesn't have a chance to eat. You can also lock your Sim in a room without a door. After 48 hours of playing time, the sim will die and become a purple ghost.
Step 4. Drown your Sim
In earlier versions of the game, the pools were not as elaborate and the Sims could not get out of them when removing the stairs. Pools have worked better in The Sims 3, and you now need to wall the pool to drown your Sim. The drowned sim becomes a blue ghost.
Method 2 of 3: Killing a Sim with Add-ons and Items from the "Sims store"
Step 1. Arrange death from the curse of the mummy in the "World of Adventures"
In the installed World Adventure add-on, explore the tombs of Al-Simar and look inside the sarcophagi to awaken the mummies. Give the mummies a chance to catch the sim, then you run the risk of being cursed by the mummy (the corresponding icon should appear in the sim's mood). Death from the curse of the mummy occurs after two weeks of playing time, and the white ghost of the deceased character is chasing a black cloud.
- A Sim with a well-developed martial arts skill can defeat the mummy and escape the curse.
- There are several ways to recover from a curse, but it is quite difficult to resort to most of them through negligence. Avoid meditation, travel back in time, unicorn blessings, snake kiss and sarcophagus sleep.
Step 2. Hope for a meteorite hit in the Career and Seasons expansion
The chances of such an event occurring are small, but you can increase it by using the telescope outdoors. If you hear ominous music and notice the appearance of a shadow, run your Sim to the spot. The victims of the meteorite fall, like the victims of the fire, become ghosts of orange color, but with black sparks.
- If you have the Seasons expansion and an alien character, the alien can summon meteorites.
- Meteorites themselves never fall on children, ghosts and aliens, but these characters can run to the place where the meteorite falls to die.
Step 3. Transform your character into a thirsty vampire in Supernatural and Late Night
To everyone's surprise, the vampires in The Sims 3 don't get killed by sunlight. They can die only from the analogue of hunger - thirst. After two days without plasma, the vampire will become a red ghost with a red beating heart, and his headstone will be in the shape of a bat.
To make your Sim a vampire, you need to find a vampire character with a tattoo on his neck and bright eyes in the game (when a vampire appears nearby, the character will be in the mood with a mark that he can become an object of hunting). Get to know a vampire and then in conversation ask him to turn you into a vampire
Step 4. Install the "Student Life" add-on to start talking about death into a megaphone
Every rant has a chance to attract Bony Death. First, you will be given a warning, which is displayed as a mood icon. Keep ranting about death while the icon is still active, and Bone will not spare you next time.
Step 5. Kill a Sim with a rollaway bed in Student Life
This is another easy way to get rid of your Sim in Student Life. Fold out the bed, lay your Sim on top of it, and fold the bed. It will crush him.
It may take you a few tries to get it right
Step 6. Shake the vending machine in Student Life
Constantly tell your Sim to shake the machine. With each such action, there is a chance that the machine will fall and crush the Sim. And all this is due to some attempt to get a can of soda for free.
Step 7. Give your Sim an unsuccessful career as a magician in Showbiz
Assign your Sim to work as a magician and entertain the crowd by committing suicide. In fact, the "Danger Box" focus is surprisingly safe, but the "Buried Alive" and "Grave Full of Water" focuses are associated with some probability of the character's death.
Skillful magicians and lucky Sims can repeat the trick hundreds of times without dying. Since these are hidden traits, it is difficult to predict how great the chance of a particular Sim dying due to a failed focus is
Step 8. Install the "Supernatural" add-on and turn the character into gold
This is the only kind of death that leaves behind a piece of furniture - a golden statue of a sim! Accumulate enough happiness points to acquire the Philosopher's Stone, and then start turning everything around into gold. Each successive transformation carries the risk of turning against the sim and killing him.
Step 9. Make your Sim eat magic gummies
Decorate the house with a bush of magic gummies and feed them to your Sim on a regular basis. There is a 5% chance a Sim will catch fire or shock, and a 1% chance of a special death from gummies. This death gives birth to a purple ghost with blue hair.
Step 10. Apply Witch Curses to other Sims in the Supernatural Expansion
Every time a witch casts a curse, there is a chance that it will turn against her and kill her. Curses can only be cast at a certain level of experience, so you need to constantly practice enchanting.
Step 11. Kill the Sim in the Island Paradise Expansion
You may think that Paradise Island would be a safe place, but it is not. Your Sim can drown or starve to death while scuba diving, and can be eaten by a shark if unable to hide from it. Mermaids can die due to being on land for too long, but a nearby Sim can save the mermaid's life if she splashes water on her.
Step 12. Find death for your Sim in Forward to the Future
In Forward to the Future, there are two additional ways to kill a character. Using the jetpack for too long increases the risk of a catastrophe in which the Sim can survive or die. The use of a time machine can cause the "Time paradox" disease, which, without treatment, goes into the "On the verge of existence" and "Do I exist" stages. In the end, the Sim disappears completely, sometimes even along with their descendants!
Step 13. Make Bony Death the Sim's neighbor
This requires the "Door of Life and Death" from the "Sims Store". Knock your Sim on the door to Death and challenge her to a guitar duel. If you lose, your Sim will have to face a deadly underground monster!
Step 14. Hurt the plant-cow "Swallow the Cannibal"
Death by "Cannibalism" from "The Sims Store" is one of the strangest. Swear at the plant and leave it without food for a few days. Eventually, the plant will offer your Sim a piece of cake and then eat it when he tries to grab the cake.
Method 3 of 3: Using cheats
Step 1. Activate developer mode
Open the console by pressing Control + ⇧ Shift + C at the same time. To activate the following options, enter " testingcheatsenabled true".
- Be careful! Using cheats can damage the save files and stop the game, especially if you cheat on uncontrollable game characters. Don't forget to disable developer mode by typing " testingcheatsenabled false"when you use a cheat.
Step 2. Make your Sim old
Hold down the ⇧ Shift key and click on the sim. Select "Grow up" to move your Sim to the next age category. Repeat until the Sim is old, and then do this action again to cause old age death.
Step 3. Change the degree of hunger
When cheats are enabled, the state of the mood bar sliders can be changed by clicking or dragging. Drag the feeling of hunger to the state of starvation.
Step 4. Delete the sim
This action bypasses the death of the character and simply removes him from the game, which is useful when faced with some bugs in the game. Hold ⇧ Shift, click on the sim and select "delete".
If you perform such an action with an uncontrollable game character, then there is a high probability of damage to the game save files
- You can bring your Sim back to life by undertaking some of the game's suggested actions, or by making the ghost eat ambrosia.
- If a Sim with the Gardening skill can find the seeds of the Death Flower and germinate them, then each flower grown can be used to revive the Sim upon death. This will give your Sim a chance to go through multiple deaths without having to restart the game from where you last saved.
- Turning off free will can contribute to death, but even then Sims can take action to save their own lives.
- Remember to save your game before trying to kill a Sim. You might want to bring your character back!
- When an unlucky Sim dies for any reason other than old age, they can be resurrected using the same Bony Death.
- A Sim cannot die outside of a residential area, such as on the road or while swimming in the ocean. Attempting to kill a Sim in such places will be unsuccessful.