How to download a popular game for a computer on the Internet using a direct download link?
Previously, computer games were sold on floppy disks or CDs. To buy a game on disc, you need to go to the store. In our time, this is not at all necessary. The game can be bought online, saving time and money.
Step 1. Find the game you want to download to your computer
- Go to the official site of the game or look for links to it on the Internet in a search engine.
- There are sites that sell computer games. There are sites where you can download some games for free. Search the internet.
Step 2. Compare the minimum system requirements for your computer with the specifications of your computer to see if you can play the game
- You can check the specifications of your computer, including the DirectX version, by running DxDiag. On XP, go to Start, Run, type "dxdiag".
- In Windows Vista or Windows 7, open the Start menu and type "dxdiag" in the text box.
Step 3. Click on the "download game" link
- In most browsers, you will see a new window prompting you to run or save the file to your computer. Save the file to your desktop.
- Specify the location where you want to save the file. Most often, files are saved to the desktop or to the Downloads folder.
Step 4. Right-click on the installation file and select the "run" or Run option
- If you do not have administrator rights, you may not be able to do this. It all depends on your version of Windows and the type of account.
- The game installer will prompt you to select the directory where the game will be installed. In most versions of Windows, games are installed on the system drive C: // in the program Files folder.
- Click "yes" to allow the game to create a desktop shortcut and start menu icon.
Step 5. Start the game by double clicking on its shortcut on the desktop
- You may need to install additional patches for the game to work correctly. If so, the game itself will inform you about it.
- Let the computer restart as many times as needed. This is necessary for the correct installation of the game.
- In Windows Vista, files often need to be opened with "as administrator." Right click on the file and select the open with administrator rights option.
- If you do not have administrator rights, you will not be able to run some files.
- Do not download games and other files from sites you do not trust. It may be dangerous. Don't forget to use an antivirus.
- It is best to download games from the official websites of the manufacturer, or from popular torrent trackers.