RuneScape is a popular Massively Multiplayer Online RPG game set in the Middle Ages. To start playing, you must first create an account. After playing for a while, you might want to become a premium subscriber (a player who pays for extra features). Holders of a paid account can build more houses, explore more locations, and pump more abilities.
Method 1 of 3: Create an account
Step 1. Go to the RunceScape account creation page and create an account
Step 2. Click the "Create a new account" button at the bottom of the page that appears
Step 3. Enter your name, email address, password, age and click "Continue"
Remember, you must be 13 years or older to use chat freely in the game!
Step 4. Select the gender and appearance of the character
This does not affect his strength in the game in any way. Since this is a fantasy game, you can choose the opposite gender to yours. Remember that the gender, skin color and outfit of the character can be changed right in the game.
Step 5. Edit the visual features of the hero
This can be done by clicking on the buttons in the upper right corner of the screen. You can choose hairstyle, clothes, skin color. Also, for male characters, you can choose a beard and mustache, as well as their shape and color.
Step 6. Name your hero
You can choose any name, but try not to use foul language, as you can be forced to change your name in the game.
Method 2 of 3: Follow the directions in the game
Step 1. Do what the game requires of you
Everything goes without saying here - a lot of instructions will appear on the screen. They will tell you how to talk to Researcher Jack, open the quest journal, pick up some coins from the floor. You should complete all introductory tasks if you have never played this game before, just to understand how everything works. If you need help in the process of completing tasks, open the journal and select the "tips" tab.
Step 2. Complete more tasks - try the simple quests in Lambridge and Drainor
They will help you gain levels, which will help you on a long journey. Don't forget to collect rewards from those who give you tasks!
Step 3. After that, you will understand the game and may even be able to choose your own path to success
It is a good idea to join a clan, as the people in that clan will most likely be at higher levels and will be able to help you if you run into difficulties.
Method 3 of 3: Do It Yourself
Step 1. After completing the required introductory quests, start the game without prompts
Step 2. While there is no clear purpose in the game, there are some things that will benefit you more than others
To get started, visit Bob's Axes (south of Lambridge Castle) and grab the free Bronze Ax and Pickaxe. Find the second level goblins to the north or east of Lambridge and begin the "extermination process." The ax is the recommended weapon for this endeavor, but you can also use the pickaxe with similar success. If you choose the attack type "Slash", your attack level will increase with each kill. If you "Slice" opponents, your strength will grow, and the "Block" skill will increase your defense.
Step 3. The health level will decrease in battle
After a few minutes of battle, you will lose a lot of health. If you have less than 15 health, STOP FIGHTING! Turn on the run mode in the upper right corner of the screen and run to a place where there are no enemies. With the increase in the level of your character, he will become more resilient and strong. The best way to restore health is through food. At this point, you will discover the importance of the following four skills.
Step 4. Cutting trees
To start the healing process with food, use the ax to chop down the tree. You only need one tree, but you can cut two to keep the fire going. Make sure you chop down regular or dead wood. To cut down an oak, you need the fifteenth level of the tree felling skill.
Step 5. Fishing
To catch fish, first visit the fishing tackle shop in Lambridge and get a free sample of the crayfish cage. Go around the church to find a crayfish pond and catch ten.
Step 6. Lighting the fire
This process is much safer in RuneScape than in real life. The first couple of times it may take you a few minutes. To get started, grab a free tinderbox from the Labridge store. Then click on the tinderbox in your inventory and hover over the logs to light the fire.
Step 7. Cooking fish
By this time, your health could have fully recovered. It's okay, the food you cook now will come in handy later. Select the raw crayfish in inventory and click on the fire. You will most likely burn forty percent of the crayfish, but don't be discouraged.
Step 8. Eat cooked crayfish
Return to the location with the goblins and continue to hone your fighting skills on them until you can fight the cows. If higher health drops below fifteen again, run away from enemies and eat. If you run out of food, repeat steps 5-7.
Step 9. Go to the cows and train on them
If your level is below 5, you will have to go to get food often, so you should probably first get level 5 for killing goblins. Kill cows and collect their skins to sell them later. Do not sell skins until you have collected 200-300 pieces. After selling 200 pieces, you will have 20-30 thousand gold coins. You can sell them at the Grand Auction, which is located northwest of the western coast of Varrok and northeast of the barbarian village.
Step 10. You are now ready to go to Al-Harid
Pay 10 coins to travel or walk. Fight the warriors of Al-Harid who are in the palace. The only downside to this location is that traveling through it can get very boring, in addition to the fact that there is almost no place to fish.
Step 11. Do you feel vulnerable?
Sell cow skins and buy armor corresponding to your level of protection (bronze - 1 and so on). If you have trained on cows for the long enough time, you can spend the accumulated money on feathers and food. Make sure you have at least 10 coins to get through the gate. Leather armor can also be effective if you have sufficient crafting skill.
Step 12. Begin to complete tasks
This will bring you experience, coins and useful things. A good quest to start with is "The Chef's Assistant." If you get stuck while completing a quest, visit the Runescape Quest Help page.
Step 13. Your first state
Please note that earning the first 100 thousand coins as a beginner and on a free account can be difficult.
Step 14. What to do when you are confident and leave the fields with chickens and cows
Visit the auction and buy some good gear. After all the hours spent collecting the skins, you can afford a set of black or mithril armor. Don't buy a helmet and shield, as they provide significantly less bonuses. Buy 100 pike or trout, this will provide you with food for the first time. If you don't want to spend money on fish, you can always catch it yourself. If your defense level is 20, you should buy a set of iron armor, as this is a cheap way to protect yourself from enemy attacks. Do not fall for offers to double the number of your coins - this is prohibited by the rules of the game. Buy 100 bottles of water. For the remaining 30 thousand, buy 100 pots of flour. Make pizza dough. Use 9 bottles of water and 9 pots of flour to make 9 servings of pizza dough. After you make 100 portions of the dough, sell them for 330-400 coins each, which will bring you 200-250 coins of profit (things may not load immediately, so wait 1 day).
Step 15. Never trust people who ask you to give them your email address, and also do not listen to players who ask you to follow them to find a lot of gold and expensive armor
They just want to take you away from other players in order to kill and steal your stuff.
- Visit the Player Safety Fortress and the Defense Fortress frequently. Not only to learn how to keep yourself safe in Runescape, but also to make money.
- Try to complete as many tasks as possible. Some of them give you extra skill points, extra rewards, or access to special locations and shortcuts. Choose tasks appropriate to your level.
- Set security questions to regain access to your account before you start playing. This will create additional protection for your account, and NPCs in the game will not run after you and remind you.
- Do not fall for deceptions, with the help of which some players try to steal things from others. If you don't know the price of an item, visit the auction or look at the bottom of the trade screen for the approximate price of the item (especially since free trade is back in the game).
- If someone is insulting you, add the abuser to the blacklist. You can also set the mode of private messages "From friends only".
- Find your own fighting style. YOU can become a warrior (close combat), a shooter (long-range combat) or a mage. Also you can mix all styles into one hybrid class.
- Please note that it can take up to a month to reach a high level in any combat style, depending on how long you play.
- Sometimes some players will try to convince you that they can create you a free premium account. This is a lie. Do not trust them and inform the administration about their actions.
- Read the Player Complaints Policy carefully. You should not write a complaint about a player who did not violate the rules: this may be considered incorrect use of in-game support and lead to account blocking.
- Some people are rude to novice players.
- Don't hack the game. This will block the account.
- Never do not disseminate information about your account, even if they ask for your supposedly the best friends.
- Don't visit the Security Fortress without setting up your bank account pin and security questions. Also, bring good armor and a lot of food with you.
- The game can take a very long time, so often look at the time so as not to be late for work, a meeting or any important business.
- Do not download programs, the description of which says that they will bring you in-game currency and allow you to hack the game, as these are most likely viruses. DO NOT DOWNLOAD SUCH APPLICATIONS ON YOUR PC!
- Do not share your account with other people, including friends, family, and acquaintances. If, of course, you want to avoid the risk of account theft.
- Don't write complaints about people you just don't like. This function is intended for detecting people who violate the gameplay with obscene language, deceit, etc.
- Your account password should only be used on sites http://www.runescape.com/, or … Any other sites can steal your data.
- If you notice a player breaking the rules, report it to the administrator or moderator.