Afraid of playing CoD online because you think you're a mediocre player? Do you play a lot but want to improve your skills? If so, this article is for you! Read on for a few tips and tricks on the road to excellence in any CoD game, from Call of Duty: Ghosts to older ones.
Step 1. Play alone first
You need to familiarize yourself with the controls. Play the story campaign mode or practice differently until you feel comfortable playing the game. To practice moving and shooting skills, play offline in a private match. Here you can try out the weapons and learn the basics of the game. In some Call of Duty games, you can customize bots, non-player characters (NPCs). The higher the skill level, the more difficult it will be to resist them. For example, Recruit is the lowest NPC tier, and Veteran is the highest.
You can even change the control settings. Experiment and find what works for you
Step 2. Play with your class
Choose a class that is comfortable for you to play or that you can easily learn to play. This may take some experimentation, but it is very important to have a really good command of the game. Each class has its own personality and tricks, and the more you play them, the more you will learn about how to play them correctly. Take advantage of the skills and abilities of your chosen class. Do not try to play outside of your class, as you will play weaker.
Step 3. When you can, play as a team
If you are playing in a group, with people you know, or randomly, make sure you can use your teammates, class, and skills. To get the most out of it, you need to have compatible classes, as well as your chosen team role. Communication and mutual assistance is also important. This will achieve the best results.
Step 4. Develop a plan
Talk to your teammates to strategize for each game. So you do not have to "run in circles like a chicken with a severed head", moreover, it will increase the effectiveness of your kills and goal achievement. If no one is taking the lead, this might be your hour! The more you work with a certain group of people, the easier it will be to achieve results. But the most important thing is communication with everyone.
Step 5. Choose the right perks
Choose the best perks for your class and for your playstyle. These perks will help you perform your tasks better. You can choose general perks that are useful to all classes, or those that will be useful specifically for your class. It can be helpful to coordinate with your teammates to make sure your improvements meet the needs of the team.
- For example, a good general perk for Call of Duty: Ghosts is Ping, which alerts you to other enemies in the zone when you kill an enemy.
- Pistol Grip and Stalker are good examples of class-specific perks that work best if you plan on going quiet instead of running around with weapons firing.
Step 6. Choose the right equipment
Choose the best weapon for your class and play style. Do not grab the huge barrel if you like to play stealthily, because it will take too long to get used to it. Consider the situations you may find yourself in and choose the best weapon option. If you want to play your best, choose the right weapon for yourself and the map you're playing on.
Step 7. Choose a weapon according to the situation
Different weapons work better in specific situations, so use them correctly. A short-barreled weapon is better for close kills, while a sniper rifle is needed for long-range kills. Choose the weapon that is best suited for your particular situation.
Step 8. Remember the map
One of the best things you can do to play like a pro is memorize the map and create a strategy based on your knowledge. Don't think about where things are located, think about how to use the environment. Explore dead ends, sniper spots, difficult retreat areas, and more. Keep this in mind and use this knowledge during battles. Play Together: By learning the names of specific locations on each map, notify teammates of the locations of your enemies.
- Remember that other players can use the same strategies, so you can use this knowledge for things like finding and disabling problem snipers.
- This will take time and practice, especially if you have to study many different maps.
- Share your knowledge with the team, but don't get too carried away.
Step 9. Look for cover and use it
Avoid the center of the map as there is little cover. Avoid open areas. Stay within the perimeter and take cover nearby so you can move back if ambushed. However, in Dominate Mode or 3 Flags Mode, you may need a coordinated attack in the center of the map, so sometimes you will have to make exceptions.
CoD: Ghosts has clearly cut back on running, so be sure to save it to move between hiding places
Step 10. Do not rush to recharge
Players are usually killed while reloading. To reduce the chance of being killed while reloading, do not reload immediately after killing. Killing or firing a weapon reveals your presence to others, and if you start reloading immediately, you become vulnerable. Wait instead. If you can, go to an area with more cover to reload. Recharge in an open area only if there is no other choice. In one of the new additions to the Call of Duty series, Advanced Warfare, you can speed up reloading by pressing the reload button twice, but this will cause you to lose bullets. Plus, you can get Quick Release Magazines - a perk that allows you to recharge faster. You can also use high-capacity magazines, another perk that provides more ammo in the magazine.
Step 11. Improve your headshot skills
Headshots do a lot of damage and give you a lot of pride (including unlocking various in-game content), so it's worth getting that skill. Choose perks that increase accuracy and reduce spread when moving, especially when shooting at you. Also focus on being able to move quickly. Scopes are also useful. It is also quite obvious: aim. Good luck!
Headshots also provide more experience, which will allow you to quickly advance in rank in the game
Step 12. Take sniper fire and move
When acting as a sniper, take a shot and then sneak out of the area to avoid being targeted. Also, try to shoot from locations that are not obvious. Other players who often do the same are likely to know all the suitable spots and use them, which can make you a target, because in fact your position is known.
Step 13. Use mines and other devices
There are many small additional devices in the game that you can use. Think strategically, use things wisely, or make sure your team uses them wisely if you don't have them.
- For example, mines should be placed behind you when being chased. They are available in almost every CoD version.
- The backpack mines available in Call of Duty: Ghosts can be placed where the enemy is most likely to appear. They allow you to bridge dead ends, and also give you the ability to gain control over the map. You can also attach them to flags in dominate mode, which will make these flags almost inaccessible to the opposing team.
- Take your time to be in the middle of the map at the beginning of the match. This is a rush, not aggression, and you will be an easy target for snipers.
- Do not worry. As you play, you get better.
- As you level up, you unlock new items and also the ability to create a game card.
- If you don't hit the head, aim for the body. In fact, this is what they do in life.
- Walk in pairs at least. Even if there is no support or guidance from your partners, they will still shoot in order to survive, and thereby help you. Exception: Do not stay close to the sniper already in position. You will compromise him.
- In CoD, it's not just who shoots faster is important. If you find yourself behind the enemy's back through negligence or by virtue of a flanking position, you will be able to shoot, but he will not. If you manage to accomplish goals, rejecting the enemy, even at the cost of your lives, you will win, but the enemy will be defeated. Perhaps all you are interested in is shooting at the enemy, but you shouldn't forget about winning.
- Play only with a fresh mind and in a good mood. When you're not in the mood, it's best to postpone the game until later, especially if you think that members of the other team are cheating and using cheats.
- Do not insult others, otherwise you will be blocked.