People play role-playing games on the Internet in order to get into another world, to be someone else who cannot be in life - a strong warrior, commander or a powerful magician. There are many such games on the Internet, both paid and free. We will help you create a new virtual image.
Step 1. The most famous role-playing game at this time is called Dungeon Master, GM (GameMaster) or moderator
The game has its own rules, forum, scenario. If you do not like the established rules, you will be excluded from the game. The game is constantly evolving and changing. Various options for the development of the game are discussed on the forums, the best of them are then implemented in life.
Step 2. There are many other RPGs in different genres
If you don't like one, you can find another. If you are into magic, a robot game is unlikely to suit you, and vice versa. You should be able to write a lot and well on the relevant topic.
Step 3. To play it was pleasant for everyone, show respect for other players, never swear or offend another
It's useless anyway.
Step 4. Remember that you can only control your character and not others
Don't try to do this without permission, even if it's a non-playable character that no one else controls.
Step 5. In role-playing games, players follow certain rules
One of them is to communicate correctly. Don't ignore the players, but don't talk too much, be polite.
You don't have to write multiple paragraphs in response to one sentence. Especially during a battle or other laconic pastime. They will simply stop communicating with you
Step 6. In many games, communication is a very important element
The quality of communication depends on the quality of the game. In some games, a couple of words are enough, in others you need to answer in detail and in detail. It all depends on the rules and situations that are usually discussed on the forum.
Step 7. Communicate regularly with other players in the game
Discuss your strategy of behavior, especially if you have to do something together.
Step 8. If you cannot join your group in the game, be sure to inform about it so that you will not be expected
Basic terms used in role-playing games
- Basic terms:
- A role player is a person who plays role-playing games.
- The playable character is most often you.
- A non-player character is a character controlled by a computer or master.
- Creative crisis - no inspiration to write anything.
- Out of Role - if you need to say something to other players on your own behalf, not on behalf of your character.
- In the role - cues on behalf of your character.
- Return to Role - Switching to lines on behalf of your character.
- Powerplay is an attempt to control the characters of other players.
- Godmodernity - changing the rules of the game, controlling the actions and reactions of other characters.
- Mary Sue or Gary Stu is the creation of the ideal character who has no weaknesses, who does everything perfectly, his description includes sparkling eyes, a charming smile and a stunning figure.
- Character sheet - character parameters.
Enlightened - a player who has extensive experience in the game, does everything correctly, writes correctly and without errors. Such a player knows the place and time for any action, correctly uses the terms of the role-playing game, knows when and how much to write. He perfectly gets used to the role of his character. An amateur is a player who knows how to play and communicate normally, writes mostly without mistakes, knows how to use the terms of role-playing, but does not always understand the relevance of long monologues. An ignoramus is not a very good player with terrible grammar, constantly writing caps. He incorrectly uses the terms of role-playing, does not know how to get used to the role, constantly leaves it. In the description of the character, he writes a couple of lines, often he has nothing to say. He does not know how and does not know how to play correctly, in one word.
- If you want to fight someone in an RPG, ask before attacking. People don't want to suddenly find their character chopped to pieces for no reason. Therefore, warn about your intention.
- Don't play with multiple characters. If you're playing an RPG, you don't have to constantly change characters or try to control characters that belong to other players. In an RPG, such actions are considered rude.
- No need to pretend to be a moderator, use codes or other ways to gain immortality, become invulnerable or control other characters. For this you can be blocked.
- You must have your own style of play. Think in advance how much and how you will answer the questions. Some players prefer short answers, others prefer long ones.
- In any case, there is no need for lengthy monologues. Nobody wants to read pages with stories from your childhood, about how your mother loves you and how many cats you have at home. You don't need to go into too much detail, especially if you are talking about nothing. If you were asked a question, answer in detail but short. Do not spread your thoughts along the tree. Otherwise, they will stop communicating with you.
- If you've started a blog or opened a new topic on the forum, keep posting new posts. If you don't update your blog often, it will simply stop reading. If you are going on vacation, warn your friends in the game so that they are not waiting for you.
- Create only original characters. Everyone is tired of templates and clichés. Your character doesn't have to be perfect. Don't make him unrealistically strong, too good, and completely devoid of bad qualities. Such characters do not exist in life, so no one will be interested in the game. Here on this site you can find a description of the original characters: