The Sims 2 is an impressive game. Here you will find detailed instructions on how to download content and characters to spice up your game!
Step 1. Find a site with ready-made sims available for download and find the sim you like
Step 2. Click on the link of the object
A dialog box will appear asking if you want to Open, Save or Cancel. Click Save and save the file to your desktop.
Step 3. Right click on the object on the desktop and select "properties"
The properties contain information that will tell you what the file is. It can be.rar or.zip. This is a compressed version of a regular file for faster loading. Step 4. Extract the file.
- If you do not have the corresponding program, you need to download it. WinRar or 7Zip are great for Windows, and Stuffit for Mac.
- Right click to extract the file.
Step 5. Place the file (s) in your downloads folder
- If you have Windows XP, the downloads folder is located under Documents and Settings (Current User) My Documents \ EA Games \ The Sims 2 \ Downloads
- If you have a Mac, the downloads folder is located at: Users (current user) Documents \ EA Games \ The Sims 2 \ Downloads
- If you are on Windows Vista, the downloads folder is located at Users (current user) Documents \ EA Games \ The Sims 2 \ Downloads
- If you do not have a Downloads folder at the specified path, create it. Remember, the folder name must start with a capital D and end with a small s.
Step 6. Check the type of file you downloaded, it should be Sims2Pack
Double click on it to start the installation.
Step 7. When you open the sim creation page in the game, the new sim will appear there as a saved character icon
- Make sure you select the correct gender and age for your Sim before you search your saved Sims.
- Check if you have installed the extension packs that are required to download. If not, some downloaded content may not be available.
- If the file has a. PACKAGE extension, it is not a complete character, only a part of it.
- If the hairstyle or clothing is part of the sim, check if a new 3d model is available or needs to be downloaded. Typically, a link to the model is provided if it is not included in the archive. The model needs to be downloaded in order for it to appear in the game.
- If you want to install multiple add-ons, organize your downloads folder by creating subfolders. Create new folders for each item, and then organize those folders into more general folders, such as "Floors" or "Hair Styles."
- If there are parts in the archive that you do not need (for example, if you only want to use the hairstyle or look), you can use a clean installation (Sims2Pack Clean Installer). This will allow you to select the components you want to install.
- If the file has the extension.jpg,.gif,-p.webp" />
- If Sims 2 add-ons are taking up too much disk space, try using a clean install (Sims2Pack Clean Installer) to find and remove duplicate files. You will be surprised at how many takes you find.
- If the file has a.txt extension, this is most likely the creator's instructions, where he describes what can happen with the download. This file can be deleted, although it is recommended that you leave it.
- When downloading clothes, hairstyles and objects, Delphy's Download Organizer can help you determine which things do not appear in the game by finding objects without models and colors.