Is your teen sim tired of being a teenager? Do you want to move to a new home, but are too young for this? The super fast way is to speed up maturation in The Sims 3. Here are 3 different methods to do this.
Method 1 of 3: Party
Step 1. Throw a party
Have your Sim or their parent (if the Sim is too small) come to the phone and have a party at home. Make sure this is a birthday party and not a regular party. (This step is optional. You can go directly to the second step)
Step 2. Buy a cake
Go to "Purchase Mode". Go to "Entertainment" and then to the "Party" section. Buy a birthday cake.
Step 3. Blow out the candles
When guests arrive, direct the growing Sim to blow out the candles. It will take a while as there will be a lot of party whistles and the like, but after the celebration, glowing swirling sparks will appear around the Sim and he will grow up.
Method 2 of 3: Using a cheat code
Step 1. Enter the cheat code
Go to the cheat field (press Ctrl + Shift + C) and type TestingCheatsEnabled True, then press enter.
Step 2. Make your Sim mature
Now you can press on any Sim you want to speed up maturation with the Shift key held down and click "Start Age Shift". The ward will have a birthday and he will grow up regardless of how many days he has left until the next birthday.
Method 3 of 3: Reducing Life Span
Step 1. Enter the options menu
Enter the "Options" menu (three dots in the lower left corner), select "Options …" and go to the "Game options" tab.
Step 2. Change the lifespan
Move the "Sim's lifespan" bar to "Short (25 days)".
Step 3. Result
This way your Sim will grow up faster.
- When your Sim is older, go to the closet and plan an outfit. This is a great idea as they usually get terrible clothes after they grow up.
- If you want, switch the game speed to 4 / ultra, as it could be an eternity for everyone to celebrate.
- Make sure the party is at your home lot.
- If your Sim's hairstyle has changed, go to the mirror and change the look. Also, if a Sim has done their makeup before they grow up, the makeup will usually disappear.
- Make sure the party you are throwing is about your birthday.
- If you own the Sims 3 Ambition Expansion, then you can go to the Style Station and fix your outfits, makeup, and hair at the same time.
- Obviously, fast maturing Sims will have short lives, unless you later disable aging.
- You can't make them any younger after growing up, so make sure you really want to.