You hear his heavy footsteps and dull moans approaching. A huge monster stands between you and the full ADAM little sister. But getting to this girl isn't easy, isn't it? With this article, you can stop wasting ammo, first aid kits, and EVU when facing a dangerous Big Daddy.
Step 1. Check if you are fully prepared to meet the Big Daddy
Do you have anything from the "What do you need?" Do you have a first aid kit in case something goes wrong? Did you activate the nearest Vita camera just to play it safe? Once you've done everything you need to do, you'll be ready to deal with Big Daddy.
Step 2. Inspect your surroundings
Have you hacked usable turrets? Have you turned off all the pesky security cameras? Have you got rid of all the splicers? Have you noticed any puddles that might come in handy? Having the advantage of the environment in which you fight Big Daddy can come in handy when the battle gets tense.
Step 3. Fight using tactics that you can afford
Depending on the ammo you can afford to buy, you should try different and sometimes equally effective tactics (listed here under numbers 4-9).
Step 4. If you have exploding buckshot, use it
She usually deals damage to small enemies in excess of lethal. This even applies to spider spiders, so it is best to use exploding buckshot against Big Daddy. This explosive ammunition will do significant damage and set Big Daddy on fire. Before taking the first shot, make sure you have a firing point or some kind of cover, as the explosions will not stop these monsters.
Step 5. If you have electro-buckshot, alternate its use with other weapons
Electro-buckshot paralyzes Big Daddy with an electric shock, which gives a little time to hit him a couple of times with a frag grenade or discharge the magazine of armor-piercing cartridges for the machine gun. If there is a puddle nearby, you can do even more damage by using water as an electric shock booster. This tactic usually requires more ammo than others, but allows you to get away with less damage in the end.
Step 6. If you have movement-sensitive mines and Telekinesis plasmids, then you can take down the monster in one shot
While using mines may seem like a bad waste of ammo, it is not. The only useful use of these mines is in perimeter guards, but where perimeter guards need to be, there are usually turrets and cameras in the game. Simply attach 3 or 4 mines to a telekinetically propelled object (an oxygen tank will be most effective) and lift it up with Telekinesis. Throwing a bomb at Big Daddy will definitely ruin his day if you don't kill him. If the monster survived the initial explosion, then zero out its remaining health with any ammo of your choice (armor-piercing ammo is best).
Step 7. If you (like most conservative players) almost never use your RPG (Rocket Launcher) or frag grenades, then now your savings may pay off
For a direct hit on Big Daddy, it is extremely important to have a high firing point. Once you're above Big Daddy, thanks to the winding staircases or balcony, start with a Frag Grenade. This will surely anger Big Daddy, prompting him to come close to you for either a ram or a shot. He will take the shortest path to you, so when shooting from an RPG, keep him on target. So, in theory, it will be possible to kill him, unless he hides behind cover. In this case, find another firing point, otherwise he will find you. Do not use RPGs against the unsuspecting Big Daddy, because grenades are much more expensive than standard frag grenades, but they are slightly weaker.
Step 8. If you have the 'Hypnotize Big Daddy' plasmid, then you can provide a fun ending to several Big Daddies
As soon as you use the plasmids on the lonely Big Daddy, lure him to the Big Daddy with the Little Sister and shoot any ammo at him. When Big Daddy attacks you, your Big Daddy will protect you. Once the dust settles, you will see that either yours or the other Daddy has won. In any case, finish off the survivor with a shotgun or other weapon and take your trophy in the form of a Little Sister and a wallet full of money.
Step 9. If you finally get your hands on the crossbow, you can set traps for Big Daddies
Trap arrows are effective, but not as practical against normal enemies, so they reach their full defensive potential. Find a suitable corridor and start shooting trap arrows to form an electric corridor. Once everything is ready, lure Big Daddy (by either angering or hypnotizing him) into this hallway. To prevent the traps from working on you, crouch down so as not to touch the wires at chest level.
Step 10. Pick up everything you can
Big Daddies leave large sums of money as well as many items for inventions. Using the Vulture Tonic (which can be purchased from Splicer Research) you can find additional money and / or components.
- The Thug (Big Daddy with the Drill) is easiest to kill using tactics with the placement of trap arrows. They do more damage, but they always stay close. Therefore, a short-range attack, such as using frag grenades or melee grenades, is ineffective.
- Rosie (Big Daddy with a rivet gun) is less brave than Thug. He will not run at you, but will use a gun and mines. Consequently, using shotguns and frag grenades at too long range is useless. It is best to use a telekinesis bomb or hypnotic plasmids against Rosie.
- If you need to recharge, do so before the fight. If you need to reload in combat, try stunning Big Daddy with an Electro Shotgun or the Electroshock Plasmid.
- In an unfortunate situation, you can save valuable seconds by distracting Big Daddies with the 'Safety Marker' or 'Insect Swarm' plasmids. However, this implies additional spending of EVE.
- The Plasmid 'Big Daddy Hypnosis' consumes an entire strip of EVE. It is better to use this tactic for those who have extra Eve injections.
- Don't be afraid to die. Sometimes it is better to save first aid kits for more difficult battles. If you want to beat the game without ever dying, heal when you have 1/4 health remaining. Healing too early can waste your first aid kit.
- If you haven't upgraded your grenade launcher with the "immunity" addition, your grenades can kill you if used carelessly. It is best to use explosives away from you and at an angle that avoids damage from a bursting projectile.