DoTA (Defense of the Ancients) is a custom map (modification) for the game Warcraft. It was originally created for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and its expansion, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Installing DoTa is quite simple, all you need to do is have Warcraft installed and make sure that the version of the game meets the DoTA requirements (that all required patches / updates are installed).
Method 1 of 4: Install Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos or Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne
Step 1. Insert the installation disc with the game into the CD or DVD-ROM
Step 2. Click on the install button ("Install Warcraft III" or "Install Warcraft III
The Frozen Throne ").
Step 3. Enter the name and the license key of the disc, which is indicated on the game packaging
Step 4. Select the folder where the game will be installed and click "OK
Step 5. Wait for the game to install
The (Progress bar) indicator will show the progress of the installation.
Step 6. Optionally, create a shortcut to launch the game on your desktop
Otherwise, you can run the game from the installation folder.
Method 2 of 4: Installing patches
Step 1. Download the latest patch on the Internet
It can be found both on the official DoTA website and on other sites. If this is the first time you are installing the patch, you need to download the full version of the patch.
Step 2. After downloading the patch, start installing it
The patch will automatically install. Click the "OK" button when the installation is complete.
Method 3 of 4: Install DoTA
Step 1. Download DoTA from the Internet
There are many "mirrors" on the DoTA official website, which allows many users to download files quickly at the same time. Remember the folder where you saved the downloaded file.
Step 2. Copy or move the file to the download folder of the Warcraft game in which you plan to play DoTA
By default, this folder is "C: \ Program Files \ Warcraft III \ Maps \ Download", unless, of course, you changed the folder during installation. The DoTA map for World of Warcraft is now installed, but a little tweak needs to be done before you can play.
Method 4 of 4: Playing DoTA
Step 1. Start Warcraft and click "Options" in the main menu of the game
Step 2. Change the Video settings in the game to match the virtual DoTA environment
- Gamma and Lights set the display brightness and lighting level in the game.
- Resolution, Model Detail, Animation Quality, Particles and Texture Quality are used to increase the detail of objects on the map.
- Spell Detail should be set to High so you know if there is a spell nearby.
Step 3. Set the Gameplay Options to make it easier to control the character on the DoTA map
- Mouse Scroll determines the sensitivity of the mouse cursor.
- Mouse movement (Keyboard Scroll) determines the sensitivity of the keyboard buttons.
- Always Show Health Bars enables the constant display of the character's health level during the game.
- Automatically Save Replays automatically saves the game replays in the specified folder.