There are so many people who want to be famous on the Internet, and there is just as much conflicting advice on how to achieve this goal. Do not worry! According to our research, the first and most important action in this matter is finding the right niche, the field of activity in which you will have a chance to shine better than everyone else. The next step is to increase your chances of success with a quality online presence and tips and tricks to help you increase your star rating.
Part 1 of 3: Finding the Right Niche
Step 1. Find out what you are good about and what you enjoy doing
There are all sorts of ways to achieve online stardom. Quite popular methods include the publication of game videos on the network or the production of unique content through video filming or writing. Other Internet celebrities are gaining popularity on social media. Think about what you enjoy doing and come up with an appropriate strategy based on your own skills.
- If you do not have well-developed skills in any business, think about what interests you and what you would like to study in more depth.
- If you know a lot about different makeup techniques, you can shoot tutorial videos about it for other people.
- If you are a great gamer, you can stream or record and then upload your gameplay to YouTube to gather fans around you.
- If you've already spent enough time on social media to become famous, you need to consider actively increasing your following.
- If you think you are leading an interesting enough life, you can start a video blog that other people can follow.
- If you have extensive knowledge of a specific subject, you can start a blog or create video tutorials to donate your knowledge to other people.
Step 2. Observe those people, to whose fans you consider yourself
Another good way to get inspired to work is to copy the actions of your idols. If you are not already following any of the Internet celebrities, start by searching for them online to get a better understanding of what you need to do in order to achieve fame. Visit websites like Twitch.tv, YouTube, and online blogs to find celebrities. If you are already a fan of an Internet celebrity and regularly follow the content she publishes, you probably already have a good idea of what needs to be done for this.
For example, well-known Russian-speaking bloggers are EeOneGuy, SlivkiShow, Maxim Golopolosov, Yuri Morozilka and Oleg Brain
Step 3. Explore the community you want to join
Communities are made up of different people with the same interests who share their ideas and thoughts among themselves. Some community members create online content and become famous for it. Studying internet celebrities and the people who create interesting content will allow you to gauge the level of competition as well as the potential fan base you can garner. Also, within large communities, there are often subgroups or niches based on more specific aspects of a topic. Track down the profiles of these content creators on social media or check out the videos and publications they create.
- Among the places where you can find popular Internet communities, one should mention VKontakte, PlayStation Community, Forums.drom.ru, iXBT.com, forumhouse.ru and the like.
- Popular gaming communities include communities of players in DOTA 2, Counter-Strike, League of Legends, FIFA, WoT, War Thunder, communities of fans of fighting games, and the like.
- Some of the most successful video bloggers in the gaming community include Frost, TheBrainDit and MrLololoshka.
- Some of the most popular bloggers on YouTube include EeOneGuy, SlivkiShow, AdamThomasMoran.
- You can also get information about the respective communities by visiting their dedicated pages on Reddit.com.
- If the content you plan to devote yourself to already has sufficient popularity on the network and its own established stars, it would be better to choose something else for yourself if you do not have the opportunity to bring something amazing and unique to this area.
Step 4. Narrow down the list of possible options for yourself and focus on what you will be doing
Now that you've done your own research, you can narrow down the list of possible activities. Think about your goals and find out how realistic they are. Write down all the things you could do, and weigh the pros and cons of this kind of activity. When you narrow down this list, choose from it what you are really ready to do, and begin to create a strategy for further actions.
Determine the likelihood of success in the relevant community by assessing the competition, the overall viewer base, and the popularity of the platform on which you will publish your content
Part 2 of 3: Maintaining an active online presence
Step 1. Maintain your presence on all platforms you use
Try to have the same username across all social media platforms so people don't get confused. Use the same custom logo or profile photo to make yourself a recognizable person. You also need to be consistent about who you are and what you say. If you say one thing and do another, regularly break promises or be a hypocrite, the Internet can turn its back on you, and you will lose all your fans.
- If you have your own logo or profile photo that you regularly use, have that image represent you on all the social networks you use.
- Think of yourself as a brand name for a company. If a company starts using different logos and store styles, shoppers can get confused. The same goes for your fans.
- Regardless of whether you are usually angry, shy, happy, or fooling around, fans can get confused if you experience sudden changes in personality or behave inconsistently.
Step 2. Register in at least two social networks
Choose two social media platforms that you will be able to update regularly. This will allow your subscribers to find you even if you are not creating any new content. When choosing platforms for yourself, consider the age of your target audience, as well as which platforms these people tend to use the most. Cross-promote your sites across multiple platforms to make it easier for people to find you elsewhere.
- If you want to reach out to a younger audience, platforms such as Twitter, Instagram and VKontakte are best.
- If you are looking for a more mature audience, platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Odnoklassniki may be ideal.
Step 3. Create a personal website or blog
Having a personal website will allow people to find you and the social networks you are registered with, as well as gain direct access to your content. Having a website will also make it easier for the various advertisers and promoters to contact you. After all, a personal blog can be a source of additional income if you choose to display ads or publish affiliate links on it. In addition, you can recommend products from different manufacturers, which will increase their sales.
- Try to make a quality website that also works on smartphones and across browsers.
- If you specialize in video, you can create a video blog instead of a text blog.
- Popular sites for creating blogs and personal websites include Wordpress.org, Wordpress.com, Squarespace, and Wix.
Wordpress.org requires more technical knowledge to set up a site, so it is not suitable for those who do not have knowledge of programming languages such as PHP and CSS
Step 4. Use hashtags and memes
Hashtags and memes are two great ways to reach more audiences and gain new fans. Find hashtags that apply to what you do and start using them creatively in your posts so that people with similar interests can find you. Encourage followers or fans to follow a specific hashtag and grow your social media following. Refer to popular memes and share the funny content you find online. Connect with the community that follows you.
- Share memes related to news coverage.
- Popular memes include memes with dogs, cats, memes about loneliness, romance, memes from politicians' phrases, and so on.
- For example, if you have a video blog about food, you can use hashtags such as #food, #foodlove you, #foodfood, #food for life, or #foodfuel.
Part 3 of 3: Improving Your Star Rating
Step 1. Find an unoccupied niche for yourself
One of the best ways to get more followers is to be the first person in your genre, no matter what you do. Find a niche in the form of a small social group, game, or topic that doesn't have a large number of high-profile celebrities. Fortunately, the Internet is full of different groups and communities, so there is a wide range of choices for you.
- For example, the field of popular movie reviews on YouTube is already oversaturated, and here you will face a lot of competition.
- In addition to finding a niche for what you will be doing, you can define a niche for yourself who you are.
- Famous Internet stars are often social groups that are underrepresented in real life.
Step 2. Be yourself
Online subscribers love it when people are genuine about the content they create. Sincerity helps you to be consistent in your actions and gives fans an idea of what to expect from you in the future. If you stray too far from who you really are, it will be perceived negatively and could jeopardize your career as an online celebrity.
Step 3. Keep in touch with fans and the community
If you are not used to using social networks regularly, you can create a daily schedule for yourself so that you remember to write posts and check the status of your pages on social networks. Completing these tasks on a regular basis will demonstrate your activity to fans and give them a reason to continue visiting your pages. Make sure your fans remain interested in you and only share the quality content you find online with them.
- With the regular registration of your own posts, they will be reflected in the event feed of some of your fans.
- Try to maintain consistency in your own content update schedule. If fans get used to receiving new content from you every two days, and then have to wait for it for a whole week, your success may partially fade away.
Step 4. Reach out to your target audience
While you don't need to change yourself, there are some things you can do to make yourself more attractive to your fans. In your content, focus on what you think your fans will want to see. If you know that most of your fans don't like something, don't post content about it. If there are things your fans are constantly asking for, consider satisfying their desires.
Respond to social media posts and read comments on your posts
Step 5. Keep track of the number of views and subscribers
If you notice a large churn of subscribers, or a video or article received a lot of negative reviews, then you should not be doing this kind of thing in your career. If you notice some drop in views or positive comments, take the time to reevaluate what you are doing and try to accept the criticism your followers give you. Make the necessary changes to the image you create to maximize the fan base.
If you do release a truly controversial video or article, release an additional video explaining what you really mean or apologizing for your actions
Step 6. Always create only high quality content
Try to create the best quality content possible. Even if you don't have professional equipment, make sure your content is worthwhile. Posting things that are completely unimportant to people or completely ill-conceived things can create a cheap image for you and make your fans unsubscribe from you and stop following you.
If you want to create video, it is better to wait until you have the opportunity to shoot in HD quality than to release a product that is below average
Step 7. Continue working towards your goal
Many people don't realize that being famous online takes as much time and effort as a full-time job for many people. If you are producing or creating unique content, at first you may not notice the return that your hard work gives. It is very important to continue to be consistent in your endeavors, as well as to listen to advice and criticism from others. To stand out from other individuals on the Internet, you need to do something unique and relevant.