There are many creative ways to increase traffic to your website. If you post quality, "good" content, you will already see a natural increase in traffic. If you want to speed it up, there are many ways you can go.
Method 1 of 4: Writing Quality Articles
Step 1. Create good headlines
The headline is the first thing readers see, and in fact the only thing they see if the article is shared on a social network. Your headlines should catch the reader's eye, immediately grab their attention. A good headline can dramatically increase the number of views of an article when it is distributed through social media.
See this article to learn how to write effective headlines
Step 2. Write meaningful articles
Quality articles are ranked higher in the search results. Make sure the articles meet the needs of your readers so they can find all the information they need in one place. This is the most effective way to increase website traffic: Offer people something they won't find anywhere else (or at least won't find material of the same quality as you suggest).
- Write helpful articles. Articles stupidly cobbled together from information from other websites won't get you the traffic you expect. You should offer visitors information that they need for some purpose, help solve a problem, be entertaining, deliver interesting news, or just make you laugh.
- Avoid content generators. They were fun to use in the early days of the web industry, but they are useless at the moment. Now only the creativity of your team will help you.
- Never copy text from other resources - Google, Yahoo, MSN and other search engines will not buy it now, they will notice the copied text and non-original content, sending you to the end of the search results list.
Step 3. Focus on your niche
Good sites target their target audience and become experts in their field over time. Do you want your site to be the first resource that users visit? Either start a website based on your own interests or research the market and find an unoccupied niche. Become an expert in your niche.
Step 4. Create content to share
In the world of social media, content that can be shared rules. Your content should be easy to share so readers can link to your articles for you. The main thing is a combination of a good headline, an interesting picture and an exciting introduction. All of this creates a great compact piece of article that users can share via Facebook, Twitter and other social media.
Lists of various "tops" are extremely popular now. Websites such as Buzzfeed and Mashable benefit enormously from generating "10 Ways …" or "21 Signs You Are …" headlines. Headlines like these instantly grab attention and are a great example of how you can get your reader interested in a short amount of time
Step 5. Vary the volume of articles
You should have both long, detailed articles and short articles on the case. The volume of an article should be dictated by its content. You should not "suck" trivial questions in the article and do not be too short if a detailed consideration of the issue is required. The average content of a research article should be about 1600 words, but you can vary this amount as you see fit.
Step 6. Write articles often
Your blog will be more successful if the content on it is constantly updated. Aim for at least 6 articles per week. No matter how many articles you plan, set a publication schedule and try to stick to it.
- Update information. In order to be visited regularly, it is important to ensure that the website is constantly updated, especially those sections that are popular. Update the content on the site every couple of days, at least once a week.
- Outsource your article writing. If you do not see yourself writing articles, or your team is not very experienced in this matter, outsource this part of the work. Depending on the volume of the article, its content and quality, the price can start from 170 rubles per article. Nevertheless, you should not neglect attempts to write your own material - who knows your business or hobby better than you and can clearly convey the main idea?
Step 7. Enter the correct tags and article descriptions
An article's tags, description, and metadata affect how it appears in search results. It also helps people find the articles they want.
- For a successful and working website, make sure all tags are in place and links are working. You will also need to submit a sitemap file to Google for your website to appear in Google search results.
- Use keywords effectively. This is called the fashionable acronym SEO (for search engine optimization) and will help people find your site using various search engines. Make sure your keywords fit naturally into your article, and as you search for words, ask different people what words come to their minds when they search for sites like yours.
- Keywords should be included not only in titles and page titles, but also in "meta tags". "Meta tags" are code that is invisible to visitors, but visible to search engines.
- Don't get carried away with keywords - an excessive number of keywords in the text will lead to the article going to the very end of the search results. Also, don't put keywords in images - search engines don't read images.
Step 8. Build links
Link building is very important for websites. It is the process of building links to your site so that you can link to it from other sites. This happens on its own if you are creating quality content, but there are a couple of things you can do to speed up this process:
- Exchange links with other sites with similar topics - this will help increase traffic. These are so-called "cross-links" because you must link to this site as well, plus links to poor quality sites can damage your site's reputation. Link only to sites corresponding topics that will be really useful to your visitors.
- Give backlinks to thematic blogs and forums. Find communities that match your site's topic and create a profile there. Enter the address and other information about the site in your profile and create quality posts. This will bring forum visitors to your site through your profile.
- Get in touch with companies that work in the field of your site. If a company links to your page or guide from your site, or a blog post about a company's product, it can significantly increase your site's traffic. Try to build links with niche companies.
- Customize your RSS feed. An RSS feed makes it easy to link to your articles on a variety of other resources. Including your RSS feeds in a directory can significantly increase site traffic.
- Read this article to learn more about link building.
Step 9. Link to old posts on your site
Let's link to thematic articles posted on the site earlier. This will help new users find interesting articles in your inventory, which means keep visitors on the site.
Give links to new posts in old posts. If you are writing an article that is related to the topic of previously written articles, do not be lazy to edit the old post and add a link to the new article
Step 10. Divide your content into categories
A well-structured website will be much more useful for visitors and will keep people. In addition, it will increase the viewing of older articles.
Step 11. Offer gifts
Who doesn't love freebies … gifts ?! Online gifts are common practice and leave readers wanting more when accompanied by well-written and informative accompanying material. Consider providing these bonuses:
- Donate eBooks with your advertising. Also, enable users to re-donate your gift. This will increase the return of your ads and, at the same time, the traffic to your site.
- Host free online lessons or webinars. They can be set up in the chat on your website. The idea of receiving information "live" will undoubtedly attract visitors to your site. You will become known as an expert on a certain topic.
- Give your visitors the opportunity to participate in contests or sweepstakes that you run for free. Prizes must be of interest or value to the participants. Many contestants will periodically visit your site to find out about the results of the contest / draw.
- Create a download section for free programs (freeware, shareware) or their demo versions on the site. If you wrote this or that program yourself, include your advertisement in it and let people share the program.
- Target a specific audience for whom Internet use may be problematic (elderly people, always busy with work) - conduct free lessons on using websites - many will be interested and will be very useful.
- Offer free services or utilities through your website. For example, it can be web search, copywriting, proofreading, and so on. The service or utility should be useful to your target audience.
- Give free consultations to website visitors. You can give advice and advice by email or phone. People will see this as a huge benefit, as the cost of consulting can be prohibitive.
- Offer a starter package with a limited period of time: there should be enough time for the customer to practice with your product, so that the product attracts the customer and they are willing to pay to continue using it.
- You can arrange for a CD and DVD mailing list with a starter package or demo to drive traffic to your site.
- You can offer free screensavers or templates for business cards, postcards, letters, and so on that your readers can use and print.
Method 2 of 4: Build a Social Site
Step 1. Use calls to action
Engage your readers. If visitors feel that the site owner is interested in them, they are more likely to return to your site. Calls to action engage readers and keep them on the page. Appeals can invite visitors to write a review, comment, or visit a site.
Step 2. Communicate with readers in the comments
Comments are a great way to keep in touch with your readers. Respond to sensible comments on your articles and use the comment box to pose questions to readers. Taking just a couple of minutes a day to respond to the most interesting comments will work wonders in your community of visitors.
Step 3. Follow and follow posts on other sites and blogs
Stay tuned for updates on other blogs on your topic. Leave comments in posts and keep in touch with communities. Don't aggressively promote your site, let people find it themselves (with your help).
Step 4. Create guest posts on friendly blogs and invite authors to post articles on your site
Guest posts are a great way to attract friendly blog visitors who might not have found your site any other way. Make sure the guest post authors can link to their site, and don't forget to share the guest post as you normally do with your posts.
Step 5. Start a forum
The forum is the place where all site visitors can gather and discuss the site and any other topics. Highly active forums also rank higher in the search results list. Read this article to find out how you can create your own forum.
As the forum evolves, you will need moderators. If the communication on the forum takes place in a negative way, this can negatively affect the site traffic. A well thought out moderation policy and forum rules are very important for online communities
Step 6. Advertise your site
In addition to links, use numerous other ways to advertise your site, both online and offline.
- If you have the funds, you can pay for advertising on the basis of PPC (pay per click, pay per click). Major search engines like Google, Yahoo, Microsoft offer this kind of advertising packages. But first figure out how to set limits on your costs, if you like, of course.
- Go outside the electronic environment and advertise in the press. Advertise in your local newspaper, brochures, magazines, national publications, and distribution literature. And don't forget about the always up-to-date yellow pages - of course, this is the printed version.
- Business cards can be left in cafes, advertising boards, given out at meetings, and so on.
- Use local resources such as clubs, libraries and other public places to get the word out about your site.
- Use word of mouth. Tell everyone you know about your site, hand out business cards to passers-by, and so on. You might even want to run a "guerrilla marketing" campaign!
- Use your car for advertising purposes. Stick a sticker on your car that advertises your website, especially if you provide local services.
Method 3 of 4: Using social media
Step 1. Use social media to expand your penetration
Social media is very important and if you ensure your presence on them, it will immediately affect the views of your site. Post interesting content and soon you will have an army of loyal followers. Follow and share publications with other users who will reciprocate you and also subscribe to you. There are many ways you can use social media to expand your website's online presence, depending on what goals you are pursuing.
Step 2. Create a Facebook page
Facebook allows you to create a page for your website or company. This will give you the ability to quickly share your articles with your Facebook followers as well as other articles. A Facebook page is a great way to advertise your site to a large number of people.
Step 3. Inform about new posts via Twitter
Create a Twitter account for your site or on your own behalf and post article titles and links to all new posts. Many blogging programs allow you to do this automatically. Link to your Twitter feed on the website.
Step 4. Use Tumblr to gather followers
Tumblr is a blogging service that makes it easy to link to any content on the web. Take advantage of the power of Tumblr to share your articles from the site, as well as other articles.
Step 5. Use your Google+ page
Google+ is a social network created by Google and, like other social networks, makes it easy to link to published articles. Google+ has a lot of potential as all registered Google users have access to it, but only a small percentage use it.
Step 6. Post articles using Pinterest
Pinterest is an image-driven social network. It originated as a service through which users shared recipes and diagrams for needlework, but has long grown into something more. If you're going to post on Pinterest, make sure the articles are accompanied by high-quality, clear illustrations or photos.
Step 7. Take photos with Instagram
Create an Instagram account for your company or site and take photos that are relevant to your site. Don't forget to use hashtags to advertise your blog with photos and include a link to your site in your profile
Step 8. Submit your articles to Reddit and Digg
Both Reddit and Digg have a large number of active users. Posting articles on these resources can attract a large number of visitors if you post in the relevant sections and follow the posting rules.
Method 4 of 4: Attracting Visitors with Good Web Design
Step 1. Create a consistent, modern website design
If your site is painful to look at, then you won't be able to retain many visitors. Make sure that the style of the site is consistent with your chosen field of activity, and its design is modern enough to be pleasing to the eye and easy to navigate.
Step 2. Balance the page
To optimize the website, balance the page, because when entering the site, the user first looks to the upper left corner of the site, and then gradually moves his gaze to the right. Users are more interested in the text on the page than in pictures or graphics. This is precisely the role of balance.
Balance will not only make your page visually appealing, but also make it easier to read and navigate around the site. The successful arrangement of elements on the screen will delight the eye of any visitor
Step 3. Don't complicate your site
If you cleanse the site of unnecessary elements, thereby you highlight the more important things. You should also leave some free space so that the page is not cluttered and easier to use.
Use a simple background. Background textures, their color significantly affects the visual perception of the site as a whole. A lot of textures and graphics in the background can be distracting to the visitor. If you plan on making the background the same color, make sure the text color contrasts sufficiently with the background. Be careful with bright or dark colors such as reds and yellows. They cause visual fatigue (temporary loss of energy and strength as a result of hard physical or intellectual work), and the reader will not be able to concentrate on the text
Step 4. Take clear and high quality photos
If you post photos on your site, make sure they are of the highest quality possible. If you are taking the photo yourself, you may need to invest in a better camera.
Step 5. Create a navigation menu
For easier navigation, create a toolbar with links to facilitate site navigation and place it in a suitable location. Users usually look for a toolbar at the top left or bottom of the page. Don't forget to add a link to your home page. This point is often overlooked, but it is very important that the user can always return to the home page without any problems.
Step 6. Order the design of your site
If the talent of the artist is not in the first place for you, you can order the design of your website for professionals. It may not be that expensive, but it will greatly improve the experience of your site.
Step 7. Create infographics
This type of content is very popular on social media and is also very easy to share. There are sites that can create infographics based on the data you enter and the template you choose.
Step 8. Start creating podcasts
Podcasts are a trendy way to share your thoughts and point of view with your readers and subscribers. They can listen to your podcasts on the go, and you can even make money from it.
How to create a podcast
Step 9. Create a YouTube channel with a link to your site
If your site is related to video content, consider linking your YouTube channel. You can embed YouTube videos in your blog posts, and direct YouTube viewers to your blog for more information. You can even try to monetize your YouTube channel for additional revenue.
- Don't be fooled by promises to get your site thousands of hits per hour for a fee. In fact, they just enter your site's URL into the program, and download the proxy list. Then they run the program for a couple of hours. Based on the data, your site had visitors from thousands of different IP addresses. But in reality, your site is simply pinged from different proxy servers, and not a single real person visits it. This is a waste of money.
- Do not get fooled by site generators and various internet shenanigans. All of these tricks have only a temporary effect. And business needs long-term results.
- Never send spam. You will not even notice how the level of trust in you will fall, and with it the traffic to your site will also fall.