Bethesda recently released the next game in its hugely popular Elder Scrolls series. Unlike its predecessors in the action adventure genre, Elder Scrolls Online is the first massively multiplayer online RPG game in which players can interact with each other. Initially, the release date of the game on Xbox One and PS4 was postponed, but the digital version of the game for personal computers is already available on both Windows and Mac. At the moment, the game is already available on Xbox One and PS4.
Method 1 of 2: Downloading Elder Scrolls Online from the Online Store
Step 1. Go to the official Elder Scrolls Online website
Here is a link to the home page of the site:
- To download a digital copy of the game, you must have a Bethesda.net account. Apart from the cost of the game itself, you will also have to pay for a subscription.
- Don't worry if you don't have an account yet. When you purchase a game, you will be asked to create a new account.
Step 2. Click on the "BUY NOW" button
Click on the blue BUY NOW button in the upper right corner of the page.
Step 3. Select the type of purchase
You will see an image of a physical copy of the game and a list of features of the game. Under the brown "Buy Now!" there are two options.
- One says "Digital Imperial Edition" and the other says "Standard Edition". The Imperial Edition costs $ 20 (RUB 1,200) more, but it includes exclusive content that the Standard Edition does not.
- Once you've decided on the version, scroll down a bit until you see a blue "Buy Now!" Button. Click on it.
Step 4. Create an account at Bethesda.net
If you already have a Bethesda.net account, skip this step. You will be taken to the purchase screen, which will display the selected game.
- In the upper right corner of the page, next to the company logo, there is a button “Create an account”. Click on it.
- Fill in the required information. Accept the terms of the user agreement.
- To activate your account, check your inbox at your registered email address and click on the Activate Account dialog box.
- Now select a subscription for the account. There are three options to choose from, each with its own cost and duration. After making your choice, click on the "Continue" button.
Step 5. Specify a payment method
You will be taken to a page where you will be asked to enter your billing information. Fill in the required fields, click "Continue" and then select a payment method.
Several payment bank cards will be available to choose from
Step 6. Confirm your purchase
Proceed to the final step, which is to confirm that all the information provided is correct.
You are now the proud owner of a digital copy of the game that can be installed on both Mac and Windows. Congratulations
Step 7. Install the game
To install the game correctly, you will need to log into your Bethesda.net account again. Go to https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/ and sign in to your account.
- Once logged in, click on the "Attach Key" option.
- If you purchased the game through the Elder Scrolls Online store, the correct key will be automatically entered into the box.
- After you agree with all the terms of the user agreement and allow you to make changes on your desktop, the store will start installing the game on your computer.
Method 2 of 2: Buying Elder Scrolls Online via Steam
Step 1. Create an account at Bethesda.net
To play Elder Scrolls Online, you will need to create an account on Bethesda.net and pay for the monthly subscription separately from the cost of the game itself.
- If you already have an account, skip the second step.
- Visit the official Elder Scrolls Online website by entering http://www. Bethesda.net into your browser address bar. You will be redirected to a new page and asked to enter your date of birth. This is to make sure you can play Elder Scrolls Online.
- After you enter your date of birth, you will be redirected to the login page. Take a look at the top right corner of the page where the Join button is located. Click on it. You will be taken to a page where you will need to fill in several fields.
- Enter all the required information and make sure you have access to the specified email address, as you will have to enter the verification code that will be sent to it.
- Check your inbox for an email from Bethesda. If not, check your Spam folder and then try forwarding it again. When you enter the verification code, your account will be successfully activated.
Step 2. Start Steam
Now that you've activated your account, close your browser and launch Steam.
If you don't already have Steam, download it from this page http://store.steampowered.com/. Just click on the green "Download Steam" button in the upper right corner of the page
Step 3. Find Elder Scrolls Online in the Store tab
Go to the Store tab and type Elder Scrolls Online into the search box.
Step 4. Add the game to your cart
The first search result will be your game. The title will say "The Elder Scrolls Online", and the cost of the game will be 59.99 dollars (3550 rubles). Click on the game, enter your date of birth again and add the game to your cart.
Step 5. Specify the payment method
Click on the green "Trash" button in the upper right corner of the window. On the next screen, click on the "Buy for yourself" button and then specify the payment method.
If you chose PayPal, you will have to log into your account. If you choose a bank card, enter its payment details
Step 6. Complete your purchase
Make sure that next to all the necessary options are ticked (for example, that you live in your country and have accepted the terms of the user agreement), and click on the "Continue" button. When finished, click on the button to confirm your purchase.
Congratulations! You are now the proud owner of The Elder Scrolls Online
Step 7. Install the game
Click on the "Library" tab in the left-right corner of the Steam window, select "Elder Scrolls Online" and click "Install."
Before the installation is complete, a dialog box will appear asking you to activate your Bethesda.net account. Luckily, you've already done that, so just click on the "Already Activated" option and start the game
Step 8. Upgrade to Imperial Edition
Improving your game is optional. Unlike the Elder Scrolls Online store, the Imperial Edition is not listed on Steam as an independent game. After you successfully purchase and install the standard version of the game on your computer, upgrade it for an additional $ 20 (1200 rubles).
- Go back to the Store tab on Steam and type “Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition” into the search box. It will appear first in the search result. Click on the game and follow the same sequence of actions as when purchasing the game itself.
- When you have successfully completed your purchase, open the Library tab again, select Update and then Install.