Now on the Internet on many sites you can watch videos for every taste. Want to download one of them? You will need a dedicated utility. You can also download videos using P2P sharing networks.
Method 1 of 5: Sites with a Download Button
Step 1. Go to the page with your video
Step 2. Find the Download or Download button
Step 3. Click the button
Confirm to save the file to your computer. A new window will appear.
Step 4. Specify the directory where you want to save the file
Step 5. Click Save
Make sure the file is really video format.
Method 2 of 5: Websites to Download Videos from the Internet
Step 1. Go to a site that allows you to download a video from the Internet using a link
Here are examples of such sites:
- YouTubeX: One of the simplest sites that also allows you to send videos to your friends by email. It gives almost the same name to all files, and then they are difficult to understand.
- KeepVid: This site allows you to download videos from DailyMotion, Google Video and MySpace Video, as well as many other sites.
- VideoDownloader: This is a more sophisticated version of KeepVid's website, and you can download almost any video from it.
Method 3 of 5: Windows Programs
Step 1. Install the program to download video
Make sure it is compatible with your version of Windows. You can choose one of these programs:
- Vdownloader: just enter the video link. The program will download it by itself.
- Orbit Downloader: You don't even need to know the link of the video you want to download. Just hover your mouse over the video and click on the Download button in the window that appears.
- KeepV: KeepV not only downloads videos, but also converts them to popular formats.
Method 4 of 5: Programs for MAC OS X
Step 1. Find a plug-in or add-on that allows you to download videos on Macintosh computers
There are not many of them. Try Get Tube.
Method 5 of 5: P2P Networks
Step 1. Download videos from other people's computers
P2P allows a large number of internet users to share videos on their computer. P2P links are usually in torrent format, so download µTorrent or Azureus. Here are some popular sites where you can find many different torrent files:
- YouTorrent: This site contains only legal torrent files. YouTorrent also looks for files on other torrent sites.
- BTjunkie: There is a large collection of torrent files here. You can enter your email address to receive news and mailings from the site.
- ExtraTorrent: The ExtraTorrent site comes in handy if you know exactly what you want to download. There is detailed information about each torrent file, actors in the video, producers, etc. Here you can read the comments and recommendations of other users.