This article will guide you through uploading images to Imgur from your mobile device and desktop.
Method 1 of 2: Mobile device
Step 1. Open the Imgur app
Find a dark gray icon that says "imgur".
Step 2. Click the camera icon
It is centered at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are not already signed in to your Imgur account, then first click Sign in (sign in), then enter your email address and password.
- On Android, you first need to swipe the screen to the left.
Step 3. Select a photo
This page will display photos from the camera's gallery. Click on the photo to select.
- If required, give the Imgur app access to the device's gallery and camera.
- You can tap and select multiple photos at once.
Step 4. Click Next
The button is in the upper right corner of the screen. In some versions of Android, you will need to check the box.
Step 5. Enter the title of the publication
Fill in the "Post Title (required)" field at the top of the screen.
Step 6. Edit the photo if necessary
The gray box at the bottom of the screen allows you to add a description or tags.
- You can also click Add Images (add images) under the photo to select more photos to post.
Step 7. Click Post
To publish, click the button in the upper right corner of the screen.
Step 8. When prompted, click Upload
Your photo has now been uploaded to the Imgur website.
Method 2 of 2: Desktop
Step 1. Go to the Imgur website
Go to the site using the link. Step 2. Click New post.
The green button is at the top of the home page on the Imgur website. Click to pop up a new window.
- If you are not already signed in to your Imgur account, then first click Sign in (sign in) at the top left of the page, then enter your email address and password.
- Click the down arrow on the right side of the button to display the drop-down menu and see other options (such as Make a Meme allows you to create memes).
Step 3. Click Browse
The button is in the middle of the download window.
Step 4. Select an image on your computer
If you need to select multiple images, first hold down the ⌘ Command (Mac) or Ctrl (PC) button, and then select the images you want.
- You can also drag one or more images into the Imgur window for loading.
- If you have an image URL, paste it into the "Paste Image or URL" field.
Step 5. Click Open
This button allows you to upload photos to the Imgur website.
If you dragged the photo into the Imgur window, then skip this step
Step 6. Add a title for the photo
Enter text in the box above the photo.
Step 7. Edit the photo if necessary
The gray box below the photo allows you to add a description and tag or tag a user (put "@" in front of the username).
- Click the button Add another image below the image to select other images.
Step 8. Click Share to community
The green button is on the right side of the page. Click the button to publish your images on the Imgur website.
- Be sure to leave a link to the author if you are not uploading your photos.
- You can change the privacy settings of images using the tab Public (photo shared by everyone) above photo (mobile device) or buttons Post privacy (publish confidentially) to the right of the publication (desktop).