Have you forgotten the username for your old account or can't remember what supposedly your "date of birth" you entered in your account six years ago? There are ways to get your account back, but be prepared to spend a lot of time talking to customer support.
Part 1 of 2: Finding your account name and password
Step 1. Check your mail
If you still have access to the email that you registered your account with, go to it and look for the word "Neopets" in your incoming emails or in the archive. The account registration email will at least tell you what account name and email address is associated with your account. Depending on when you signed up, this letter may also contain other information.
Step 2. Find your nickname
Go to the Neopets homepage. Find the search box on the left side of the page and enter the name of your neopet. If you guess the name correctly, click on your neopet to visit the statistics page.
Step 3. Find your account name on the pet page
Find the owner's information on the pet's page and write it down. The first part of the name is the name you used when registering. The second part (link inside brackets) is your account name. Use this account name to sign in to your account.
Step 4. Send a reminder letter to your inbox with your username and password
If you cannot log in because you do not remember your username or password, enter your email address under the "Forgot your password?" (Forgot your password?) Or "Forgot Your Username?" (Forgot your username?).
Very old accounts did not require an email address when registering. Skip this step if you did not have an email address when you signed up for Neopets
Part 2 of 2: Finding Your Date of Birth
Step 1. Enter your date of birth
If you have not logged into your account for several months, the site will ask you to enter your date of birth. Try entering your real date of birth first. You will only have three tries, so it's best not to guess just yet.
Step 2. View your profile from a friend's account
If you have someone in your friends who still has access to their account, ask them to log into it. He will be able to view your account profile and look at the age, which is based on the birthday you entered. Use this to remember your year of birth. You have 365 options left (plus one more if it was a leap year), unless you used the day and month of your real birthday. Enter them first.
- For example, on September 1, 2015, you looked at your profile and saw that he was 20 years old. This means your birthday must be somewhere between September 1, 1994 and October 31, 1995.
- Only your friends can see your age. You will not be able to create a new account and make friends with the original one, as he will have to confirm the friend request.
Step 3. Enter other dates that you may have used
Many people do not enter their real birthdays to avoid revealing personal information or to ask their parents for permission. You will be given 3 attempts a day to guess your date of birth, so use them wisely:
- Try entering January 1, 1900 (Obviously fake choice if you wanted to pretend you were over 18)
- Try the date of birth of friends or family members.
Step 4. Contact support
Go to the Neopets website, click on the Help button and then Create a ticket. You will have to be logged into Neopets to do this, but you can easily create a new account and use it to contact customer support.
- Use the name of an account that you cannot log into.
- Describe the essence of your problem: how long have you not logged into your account.
- Write down the email addresses that might have been linked to your account. Indicate which address you have access to and which you do not.
- Please enter your real date of birth.
- Let us know if you purchased Neocash (that is, if you spent real money).
- Give the names (if you remember) of your Nedruz, items in the closet or equipped on the pet.
Step 5. Wait for a response
Typically, a return letter arrives within a few days. In the worst case, it can take a month or more. Sending a new request will not speed up the response. When customer support finally gets back to you, here's what you will most likely have to do:
- If they ask you for account information, answer their questions as carefully as possible. They may ask you for the names of the items in your safe, what did you spend Neocash on, whether you participated in purchases / auctions, and alerts you received. This is to make sure that you really are the owner of the account. If they are satisfied with your answers, they will send you the correct date of birth and password.
- If your old account has been frozen, follow their instructions to fill out a new account recovery request. You will need to enter as much information as possible about your account.
- If your account has been inactive for many years, it is possible that it was deleted (even if the profile page has survived). In this case, there is nothing you can do.
- If you registered several accounts at the same email address, then the site will not be able to send you an email with your username when you want to receive it through the "Forgot your password?"
- If you do not have any account data at all, then you most likely will not be able to get it back.
- Your pet's profile page will list the year of birth using the Neopian calendar (Year 1 = 1999, Year 2 = 2000, and so on). This can help you remember what email you entered when you created that account.
- Never tell anyone your password.
- The site now requires you to enter your date of birth.