This article will show you how to remove a custom Bitmoji avatar and the app itself from your device.
Step 1. Launch Bitmoji
It's a green icon with a white winking bubble of dialogue that is on your desktop or in the app drawer.
Step 2. Open Settings
- On iPhone / iPad, tap the gear icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- On Android, tap the "⁝" button in the upper right corner of the screen, then select "Settings."
Step 3. Tap the Change Avatar option at the bottom of the list to delete your custom avatar
Step 4. Tap OK to confirm the deletion
Step 5. Tap Sign Out
Step 6. Unlink Bitmoji from Snapchat
This step is only necessary if your Bitmoji account is linked to Snapchat.
- Start Snapchat.
- Click on your Bitmoji in the upper left corner of the camera screen.
Tap Disconnect Bitmoji.
Confirm the action by clicking Disconnect.
Step 7. Remove Bitmoji from your device
- On iPhone / iPad: Touch and hold the Bitmoji icon on the desktop until all the icons start shaking. Tap the "x" in the corner of the icon and then select "Delete."
- On Android: Tap the Apps button at the bottom of the desktop and then scroll down until you find Bitmoji. Tap the Bitmoji icon, then move it to the word "Delete" at the top of the screen and release. Confirm the deletion by clicking on the "OK" button.
- To remove an avatar, the Bitmoji app must be installed on the device.
- It is not possible to completely delete your Bitmoji account. It is enough to download the application again and create a new avatar to go back.