Online dating is a great way of communication preferred by more and more people looking for long-term relationships, as well as those who just want to flirt. Your profile on a dating site is what helps people decide whether to start chatting with you or not. To create a good dating profile, you need to write interesting information about yourself that will grab attention. Also add some nice photos to your account. Fill out your profile in a positive way and you will soon attract many potential partners.
Method 1 of 3: Write Winning Information About You
Step 1. Choose a simple but effective alias
You need a nickname that stands out from the crowd while still being in line with you. The nickname must not contain sexual connotations. Stay away from boring and boring aliases. You can come up with a nickname using verbal or humorous puns. Cute and slightly silly aliases are great too. You can take something from pop culture, but it should make some sense to you.
- Various mixed aliases look good. You can mix up a couple of areas of interest to you, and you get a cool nickname. You can write it in English, for example: HockeyFlier or RoseIvy.
- Resist the urge to just add some numbers to the end of the alias. Otherwise it will be too boring - get creative!
- For security and privacy reasons, you should not use your full name as your online ID.
Step 2. Come up with an interesting, attention-grabbing status
Pay attention to the box at the top of your profile with a capacity of 100 characters (or so) - this is your opportunity to make a great impression! Pick your favorite quote from a movie or book that makes sense to you. You can briefly record some of your most incredible experiences or funny conversations.
- You can paraphrase a little the famous words of Doc Holliday: "I am who you are looking for, or maybe I will become her if you are the one."
- Do not try to fit all the information into this field at once. A little later, you will come to more voluminous fields where you can write about yourself. Avoid writing as a list whenever possible.
- It can be helpful to think about what personality type your profile should be interested in. What can these people "bite" at? This is the type of information that needs to be entered in this field or in other fields. When in doubt, it's always best to find more information on the internet.
Step 3. Tell a story
The idea is to show how your interests saturate your life, not just to list them. In the most important text box on your profile, write a compelling story detailing your interests and hobbies. The more interesting details it contains, the better!
- For example, if you enjoy dancing and traveling, you could describe your ideal date in Spain where you could dance salsa. If something like this really happened in your life - write about the unique feelings that you experienced at that moment. What were the sounds? How did people behave? Be sure to end your story with a bright and memorable ending!
- If you really want to sound original, supplement your profile with good photos to make the whole story. Or consider making your photos just part of the background.
- You can also write a list of what you like and dislike, but more and more people simply ignore these fields, comparing them to the shopping list.
Step 4. Try to write as brightly as possible
You need to create exciting associations when choosing words. Instead of mentioning how you watched "something", write that you were "just fascinated" by it. Keep in mind that more specific words will have a positive effect much faster. Women appear more attractive when they describe themselves as being pretty, frivolous, and "sweet". Men are successful when they come across as confident and optimistic.
A little humor won't hurt both men and women, because both react positively to puns and jokes found in other profiles. Just avoid too many exclamation marks at the end of jokes, because the extra punctuation confuses people a little
Step 5. Be frank and honest about your intentions
If you are looking for just easy flirting, please let us know in advance. If you're looking for a long-term relationship, don't be afraid to say so. This information is as important and fundamental as your age and profession - it gives potential partners an idea of how compatible you are.
If you want a long-term relationship, it’s better not to mention exactly how many children you want to have, how much money you are going to receive from your partner, and so on. These topics usually scare away users of dating sites
Step 6. Try to keep the "about me" section relatively short
All text on the page should contain only three small paragraphs. Anything beyond these three paragraphs will be considered overly information (no matter how interesting it is). Remember that you want to attract and interest potential partners so that they write to you themselves. Try to shorten the text on your profile a little to make it sound concise and confident.
Step 7. Check your profile and copy it
After filling in all the fields, click the "save" button and refresh the page. Visit this page again in a day or two. Focus on organizing all the information on your profile, check grammar and punctuation, and correct any mistakes and typos. Most people are not interested in profiles in which the fields with personal information are poorly and illiterately filled.
Ask a close friend to look at your profile. Let him come up with some ideas for improving your page
Step 8. Shrink everything to a mobile version
In the text box, you can insert an unusual quote or words from a song. You can write a little joke or a funny story. But do not write too shortly in these fields, otherwise people will not be interested in reading. Add 4-5 photos to your profile to make it brighter and more unique.
Method 2 of 3: How to choose the best photos to post on your profile
Step 1. Look into the camera
Eye contact builds trust and makes you a friendlier and more reliable person in the eyes of other users. The best photos are those in which you look directly into the camera, that is, into the eyes of the reader of your profile.
- Sunglasses look great on a lot of people, but they make you seem more closed and cold. Limit yourself to just one photo with sunglasses.
- Natural makeup looks best in portrait shots. But if you feel comfortable wearing regular makeup, that's okay. Just make it lighter and more calm.
Step 2. Smile
Survey results show that 96% of people respond more positively to an open, sincere smile (where a person smiles "with teeth") than to a sexy grin or pouting lips. Smiling makes you a friendlier person in the eyes of others, it conveys your joy to others. There is no need to post only photos where you smile in your profile, especially if they may seem strange, but try to choose those pictures where you come out more smiling.
Step 3. Only you should be on the main profile photo
There should be no other people in the main image. This will allow your potential partners to understand how you look, as well as find you in other photos. Pick a shot where you look best. The larger the face and body are visible in the photo, the better.
It's tempting to use a selfie as your main photo, but try to find an alternative. Sometimes people perceive selfies as slightly antisocial photographs, the same applies to photographs in the mirror
Step 4. Add some active unusual photos to your profile
You can post photos where you are doing your hobby. Do you like basketball or softball? Show everyone the photo in the baseball cage. Do you love rock climbing? Post a snapshot in which you climb to the very top of the climbing wall. These photos will definitely attract people with similar interests.
Such interesting photos are a good opportunity to showcase your physique, which is very important for users of dating sites
Step 5. Post some group photos with your friends
Add a couple of pictures with friends or family. You shouldn't post photos from nightclubs and bars, it's better to post something more neutral. Such a photo will not work for your main profile photo, it is better to place it somewhere in the middle.
Consider covering your friends' faces with sticker emoticons if you know they don't like this kind of openness on the internet. This can be done with free photo editing apps
Step 6. Upload only good quality photos to your profile
Nobody wants to look at strange blurry pictures. Choose photos with a good background. Bright photos with good light are especially welcome. They automatically evoke light joyful associations in us.
- One study compared people in winter and summer photographs, and most people found summer photographs more attractive and fun.
- Professional photos are a great choice if they are not overly confused and fit the context of the profile. But don't post professional flash photos as they can add an extra 7 years to your looks.
Method 3 of 3: Avoiding Common Mistakes
Step 1. Concentrate on the positive
Edit your profile, remove all negative material. Many people are scared off by potential partners with great negativity towards everything around them. You need to focus on what you want, not on disrupting a possible acquaintance. Write in your profile that you like to walk and travel, do not write about the fact that you hate staying at home.
- Don't discuss ex-partners on your profile. Nothing kills romance like talking about ex-partners. This conversation can only happen if you actually have some kind of relationship.
- Don't write that you surprised yourself by registering on a dating site. This can be perceived as a negative statement, especially by people who consider such sites to be a good way to build relationships (you now belong to this category of people!).
Step 2. Be honest
Your goal is to build a relationship, so if you start lying on your profile, with further communication your lies will still be revealed. Find someone who accepts you for who you are, not your improved make-believe version. Indicate your exact age, post only relatively new photos in your profile.
Step 3. Be confident, but not arrogant
Online dating can make you feel vulnerable, and many people respond to this feeling by giving up on modesty altogether. Try not to brag about your profile, especially about your appearance. It is better to talk about your hobbies, but do not praise your abilities too much.
You might say, "I think music is a great way to relax at the end of the day. In fact, I play the piano quite well."
Step 4. Try to be more modest about mentioning any sexual content
If you are not looking for a one-night stand, be careful when mentioning different phrases with sexual connotations. Otherwise, all of your profile information (from basic information to the hobby section) may be misinterpreted if you do not edit it.
Step 5. Don't use clichés
It will be awful if your profile follows the pattern of old-fashioned dating sites. Even if you enjoy long walks on the beach, this information can be left for later conversation. Instead, focus on what will make you stand out from the crowd.
Instead of writing that you enjoy dining with friends, it's better to mention your favorite food or restaurant. You can even tell a funny situation that happened to you at dinner
Step 6. Do not leave blank fields
The phrase "I'll talk about this later" is perceived as laziness, not a mystery. Fill out all the fields in your profile, even if it takes a little thought. This gesture demonstrates to other users that you are willing to put the time and energy into a potential relationship.
- Perhaps dressing up a little before filling out your profile will help you get into character.
- Be sure to update your profile regularly. Add new quotes and stories, check messages.