This article will show you how to use GnomeBaker to burn a CD in Linux. However, you can use any other similar program like k3b.
Step 1. Download Brasero (a free CD burning / burning utility)
To do this, open the "Ubuntu Software Center" (if you do not have this program, download and install it).
Step 2. Enter "Brasero" in the search bar
Step 3. In the list of search results, click on "Brasero" and then click on "Install"
Step 4. After installing the program, open Dashboard and enter "Brasero"
Step 5. GnomeBaker provides many options
- If you want to burn data to CD, click on “Data CD”.
- Add files and click "Burn".
- If you want to create an audio CD, click “Audio CD” (instead of “Data CD”). You may need to download additional codecs and libraries for certain audio formats.
- Add audio files and click "Burn".
- You can rip a CD / DVD by selecting the appropriate option from the Tools menu.
- To create a disc image (ISO file) click "Tools" - "Burn CD / DVD image". Then find the location of the created image (for example, in /home/name/Desktop/someiso.iso).