Have you installed your operating system, or have you entered a license key, but now you want to change it? You can use the Windows Activation Wizard, or rather its graphical interface (GUI) or Windows Management Instrumentation or WMI script. The Activation Wizard is an easier-to-use program. But if you need to change the key for several computers, it is best to use a script.
Step 1. Open the Start menu in the lower left corner, click Run
Step 2. Enter 'Regedit' without quotes and click OK
The Registry Editor will open.
Step 3. Find the following key in the registry
Hkey_local_machine \ Software \ Microsoft \ WindowsNT \ Current Version \ WPAEvents
Step 4. Click on 'OOBETimer' with the right mouse button, in the key that you found and click 'Edit'
Step 5. Change one or more letters in the name
Step 6. Open the Start menu, click Run
Step 7. Paste the following
'% systemroot% \ system32 \ oobe \ msoobe.exe / a' into a white text box.
Step 8. Select 'Yes, I want to call a representative at the Consulting Center to activate Windows', then click Next.
9 Click Change Product Key
Step 10. Enter the new key in the small white text box
Step 11. A message with this meaning should appear
'You have successfully activated your copy of Windows.' In this case, restart your computer and you're done!
Step 12. Make sure you are connected to the Internet
Method 1 of 1: Windows Product Key Updater
Step 1. Click here to download the Windows Key Updater Tool
Step 2. Run the.exe file
Step 3. Click Next
This tool will scan the system for inconsistencies and errors. Wait for the scan to complete.
Step 4. Enter a new activation key
You may need to activate the system again.
Step 5. Restart your computer
After a reboot, the changes will take effect. You may need to activate the system again.
- Buy a licensed system if yours is unlicensed.
- You can entrust the activation of the system to a program that works with Microsoft.
- To search within the registry, click on the little '+' button on the left.
- it not will work if your system and key are different versions. For example, if the installation disc is a retail license and the key you want to use is an OEM license.
- Never share your license key with anyone.
- Do not use the keys that you found on the Internet on suspicious sites, they will not be able to pass the authentication check and your system will not be activated. You will not be able to use the system normally, install updates and much more until you activate a normal license.
- Don't change anything else in the registry: IT'S VERY DANGEROUS! Don't touch anything, just do what is written in this article. Otherwise, you risk seriously damaging your Windows system.