This article will teach you how to draw on a Wacom tablet or similar graphics device.
Step 1. Think about which tablet model you want to buy
Each of them has its own strengths and weaknesses, not to mention the fact that all tablets are designed for something different. Depending on your goals (drawing, photo editing, etc.) and decide.
- The Bamboo model is the cheapest, it is designed for home and office use. However, whatever you draw on the tablet will be displayed on the computer screen.
- Bamboo Connect is the simplest model, built for drawing and communication. It comes with a copy of Autodesk Sketchbook Express. The Bamboo Splash is similar but includes ArtRage 3.
- Bamboo Capture is one of the most popular models and comes with Autodesk Sketchbook Express and Photoshop Elements. This tablet is more suitable for editing photos, although if you use Photoshop, then the tablet will work for drawing too.
- Bamboo Create is the most expensive model in the Bamboo line, as it is larger, equipped with everything listed above (except ArtRage), as well as Corel Painter.
- The Intuos pen tablet is built with the professional in mind. The tablet is available in 4 sizes. The pre-installed software is: Autodesk Sketchbook Express, Photoshop Elements, Anime Studio, and a 90-day trial of Corel Painter is also available.
- There is nothing more expensive than the Wacom Cintiq tablet (it seems). By drawing on it, you can see your PC screen right on the tablet screen. The preinstalled software is the same as for the Wacom Intuos.
Step 2. Order your tablet
This can be done online, but it can also be done through regular retail stores.
Step 3. After receiving your tablet, insert the installation disc into your PC
The disc must be included with the tablet. Follow the installation instructions.
Step 4. Use the supplied USB cable to connect the tablet to the computer
Step 5. Explore the accessories that you purchased with your tablet
There must be a feather and something else.
Step 6. Accessories are automatically configured to work with the tablet and do not require batteries to operate
Just place the same pen over your tablet and everything will start working.
Step 7. When drawing with the pen, move it about 2.5 centimeters above the tablet to use the pen as a mouse
To draw, drag the pen directly over the tablet surface.
- The pen will come with a variety of attachments, each with its own texture - some coarser, some smoother.
- The programs that come with the tablet are pressure sensitive. The harder you press with the pen, the thicker and bolder the line becomes.
Step 8. Don't push too hard, though
The tablet is not iron, it can break from excessive pressure. Please note that damage caused by excessive pressure is not covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
Step 9. Draw, surf the Internet and play games using your tablet
It can replace the mouse completely!
You don't have to turn off your tablet after work
Step 10. See what other accessories are available for your Wacom tablets
They even have analogues of real paint brushes!
- Pen attachments are available online and are cheap.
- Do not push too hard with the pen, you will break either the pen or the tablet.
- The button on the side of the pen can be used as the right mouse button.
- The ring on the tablet (Intuos) can be used to scale.
- You can create shortcuts using the Express Keys on your tablet.