Are you in a meeting addressing a need for printed materials from your PowerPoint presentation? In this article, we'll show you exactly how to print your presentation slides and give your audience a chance to see your materials presented on sheets of paper.
Step 1. Launch Powerpoint
This can be done by clicking on the appropriate shortcut on the desktop or through the Start menu.
Step 2. Open the file you want to print
Step 3. Select "File" from the menu bar at the top of the screen
Step 4. Click on the "Print" button
You can also select the printer icon from the standard toolbar at the top of the screen
Step 5. Select the action you need
Step 6. Press the triangle button to expand the printer selection menu
In the dialog box that appears, select the one you want.
Step 7. Determine which part of the presentation you want to print
You can leave the Print All Slides setting at the default. If necessary, you can choose "Print current slide" or "Print selection" (to print a selected section of one specific slide). You can also enter numbers for specific slides in the Slide Number field (each number is separated from the others by a comma and a space).
Step 8. Depending on the type of presentation you are planning to present, choose how your file will be printed
You can select the desired action from the Print Layout drop-down menu in the dialog box.
You can choose: "Full page slides" (print one slide per page), "Handouts" (then listeners will be given handouts of all slides, and multiple slides can be printed on each page), "Note Pages" (will be printed slides and any notes you made in the Notes area in PowerPoint). You can also print the presentation by selecting the "Structure" option and printing only the text part of the presentation
Step 9. Determine how many copies of your presentation you want to print, and select the required number from the Copies drop-down menu located in the upper right corner of the dialog box
Step 10. Click "OK" in the dialog box
- When you select a printable area, a dialog menu opens up additional options where you can choose which part of your presentation to print. If you select “Issue” from the drop-down menu, you will be able to choose exactly how many slides on the page will be printed.
- While many printers have their own options for choosing color or black and white printing, you can select the appropriate field in the PowerPoint printer dialog box. This option is available for generic printer device drivers (and can be quickly deployed even for printers that were installed directly from the printer driver software).
- When Outline is selected for printing, only the outline of the slides is output to the printer, except for those containing graphs. All information from the slides with graphs is automatically excluded from the file structure when printing.
- Depending on the type of your printer, special software may be installed on your computer, certain functions of which can be activated in the "Properties" section. Since these properties vary from printer to model and from printer to brand, the options available in this field will differ depending on the model of your printing device.
- The print slide dialog box contains a large number of options that most users rarely select. You can select the options you want, such as Fit to Sheet, Border Slides, Print Notes and Handwritten Annotations, or Print Hidden Slides as needed.
- There are several ways to display the print dialog box. They depend on which version of the program is installed on your computer and what exactly is located on the toolbar. The standard toolbar usually includes an icon to open the print window. Alternatively, you can display the print dialog by pressing Ctrl + P on your keyboard at the same time.