To quickly create a graph using a spreadsheet, follow these steps.
Step 1. Enter data into the spreadsheet in table format
- Table format:
- Cell 1 is the x-axis (usually the timeline).
- Cell 1 is the y-axis.
- Information for the x-axis is placed in cells 2-a to infinity-a.
- Information for the Y-axis is placed in cells 2-b to infinity-b.
Step 2. Select the cells that contain the information that will be displayed in the histogram
If you want the column and row headings to be marked in the graph, select those as well.
Step 3. Press the F11 button on your keyboard
This will create a bar chart on the chart sheet. A chart sheet is a separate page dedicated entirely to a chart.
Step 4. Use the Chart Wizard and select the Insert command if F11 does not work
This will not work in Gnumeric. Select a chart type.
- Select a data range.
- Select a data series.
- Select chart elements.
Step 5. On the chart toolbar that appears after your chart is created, click on the arrow next to the Chart type button and click on the Histogram button
Step 6. You can also create a pie chart
- To add more detail to the histogram, click Chart Wizard on the Standard toolbar and fill in the required information.
- To make the title of a chart a chart element, click once in the chart area and click the Chart Wizard button on the standard toolbar. Click Next until you get to Step 3 - Chart Options. In the Chart Title box, enter a title for the chart and click Finish.