Sometimes, you just have to turn off your brain and do something distracting to recharge in a few minutes. Did you know there is a hidden racing game in Excel 2000? You can open it and walk a few laps, and if your boss asks what you are doing, you can safely say that you are working in Excel. Keep reading to find out how to play this game.
Step 1. Open Excel 2000
You must be using Excel 2000 for Windows 9x / NT4 / 2000 / ME / XP. You cannot use a version of Excel 2000 that has been updated with a service pack.
- Create a new Excel workbook.
- From the File menu, select Save As Web Page.
- Check the interactivity of the Add window.
- Save the file to your hard drive with a.htm extension.
Step 2. Open the.htm file via Internet Explorer
Right click on the file and under Open With… select Internet Explorer.
- If IE asks for permission to run ActiveX, agree.
- When the table opens, open the tab to the WC column, then scroll down to row 2000.
- Select the entire line by clicking on the line number 2000 on the left.
- Press Ctrl + alt = "Image" + Shift and then click the Office logo in the upper left corner.
Step 3. Start the engine
The image is converted to a racing track. Here's how to control the game:
- Arrows: direct and accelerate
- Space: shoot other cars
- A: dump puddles of gasoline
- H: switch headlights
- Esc: exit the game