The best way to get rid of a double chin is diet and exercise, but if you have little time to achieve results, then there are many other ways to hide a double chin, or at least make it less noticeable.
Method 1 of 4: Applying Clothes and Accessories
Step 1. Choose clothes with a neckline
High neckline clothing accentuates the neck and face and therefore draws more attention to the double chin. Therefore, move the point of attraction away from the chin, choose a deep v-neck. The idea is to move the neckline of the garment as far away from the chin as possible.
- If you are wearing a shirt, leave the top buttons unbuttoned.
- For people with a double chin, clothes with a deep cut are more suitable than sweaters that cover the entire chest. If you are uncomfortable with a deep neckline, choose a boat neckline or a square neckline - this is better than a high neckline.
Step 2. Don't wear long earrings
Small dangling earrings are everywhere, but if you wear large earrings that reach the length of the chin, you will draw attention to your double chin.
Choosing the right earrings will take your eyes off your chin. You can find the right pair of stud earrings, since the stores have different sizes and styles. Small carnations will add sparkle, while large ones will draw attention to your eyes and cheekbones
Step 3. For distraction, choose scarves and necklaces
Too many accessories around the neck can draw attention to the chin. But if you choose long necklaces and thin scarves, you will detach attention and move it below chin level. Usually, people pay attention to the part of the accessory where it ends, so the longer the scarf or necklace is, the further away from the chin you will take people's attention.
- Collard necklaces or similar neck jewelry will not work. Long beads are a good choice for people with a double chin, especially those strung as they increase - the closer to the chest, the larger the bead.
- Choose a scarf that is solid and lightweight, such as chiffon. Heavy and large scarves will not work.
Step 4. Wear a long tie, bow ties will not work
Men with a double chin for special occasions are advised to choose a suitable tie. Butterflies wrap around the neck and draw attention to the chin area. Long ties, in turn, move the eye away from the problem area.
It is better to wear a regular, standard, rather than a thin tie. Wearing a standard tie, you will look quite normal, but with a thin, your face, chin and neck will appear large
Method 2 of 4: accentuating the eyes
Step 1. Contouring
Contouring is the art of applying foundation in different shades to highlight the eyes with fake lines on the face. Thus, the whole appearance changes.
- Use a foundation that matches your skin color. Apply it evenly all over your face from hair roots to neck.
- Take a second cream that is two shades darker than yours. Apply it to your chin and lower jaw. Use a brush, sponge, or just your fingers to spread the cream evenly on your face.
Step 2. Apply bronzer
Choose a matte bronzer and apply it all over your neck, starting from the base of your neck to your collarbones. Do not use bronzer on your chin.
- Shimmery bronzers won't work as they look unnatural.
- When deciding to apply bronzer to your cheeks, use the same color you applied to your neck. This will make you look more natural.
Step 3. Apply a neutral lipstick to your lips
When choosing a lip gloss or lipstick, go with a colorless one, or go for a color closer to natural. Given that the lips are in close proximity to the chin, making them stand out will draw attention to the double chin.
- Apply a moisturizing lip balm, then apply a layer of natural lipstick or lip gloss.
- Matte lipsticks are desirable, rather than glossy or shiny lipsticks.
- If you want to highlight your lips, do it with a contour pencil that matches the color of your lipstick. Then you can apply lipstick or gloss. The color of the pencil should match the color of your lips.
Step 4. Select the eyes
Use liner, eyeshadow and mascara to add expression to your eyes. By drawing people's attention to your eyes, you can say that you are causing them to ignore your double chin.
- Paint your eyes, but don't overdo it. For day-to-day makeup, use a natural-colored eye shadow, a matching liner and a thin layer of mascara.
- For evening make-up, you can make your eyes more expressive. Create a smoky effect with the eyeshadow and liner, then apply two layers of volumizing mascara to the lashes.
Method 3 of 4: changing your hairstyle
Step 1. Cut your hair under the square
This hairstyle will visually tighten your face. A short hairstyle will hide excess volume on the face and neck.
- This hairstyle should not curl inward at the level of the chin. Attention is always drawn to the end of the hairstyle, and if the hair curls at the chin, it will attract more attention.
- Long hair is also suitable, as long as it is not too voluminous at the neck. If you have long hair and do not want to cut it, it is important that it is longer than the level of your collarbone.
- People have different traits, so for best results, check with your hairdresser on which hairstyle is right for you.
Step 2. Collect your hair
Long hair can be pulled back into a bun or ponytail to draw attention away from the chin. This is better than having them hanging out right next to the problem area.
Pulling your hair back will divert people's attention away from the chin, and look at the top of the face. With this hairstyle, the face and neck are visually lengthened, respectively, the double chin will be less noticeable
Step 3. Grow your facial hair
It is easier for men to deal with this problem. You can just grow a beard. It is important to groom, trim and style your beard. Facial hair can perfectly mask a double chin, but an unkempt beard will create a sloppy look.
If you don't want to grow a beard, you can use your facial hair in a slightly different way. To hide the double chin, move the final shave line deeper towards the neck and leave some stubble. This trick will visually lengthen the neck, thereby reducing the volume of the double chin
Method 4 of 4: looking at photos
Step 1. Cover your chin
You can hide your chin from the camera by covering it. This is not ideal, but if someone has decided to take a photo of you and you don't have time to prepare, this is the most suitable method.
- As if by accident, place your hand under your lip, on your chin.
- Stand behind a tall person with their shoulders covering your face and neck.
- Use other covers, as long as they are big enough to cover your chin and look natural.
Step 2. Close-up
If you don't mind being photographed in close-up, ask the photographer to take your face as close as possible.
Your face will be in the center, other parts may not fit into the frame. If, for example, the entire face is taken into the frame, including the head, ears and only the chin is cut off, such a frame will be perceived as inept work, or it will be clearly noticeable that you were trying to hide something
Step 3. Lens at eye level
Tilt your head so that the camera is at eye level. Raise your head or tilt it to the left or right, trying to remove excess volume on your face from the frame.
- You can tighten the muscles in your neck and jaw. Just press the back of your tongue against your upper palate. It will be difficult to smile broadly in this position, but you should try to smile naturally.
- The neck will lengthen if the shoulders are tilted back.
- To make your head tilt more natural, stand next to a tall person. Tilting your head towards him, you are as if trying to create a certain composition in the photograph.
Step 4. Editing photos carefully
By processing digital photography, you can hide almost everything, including the double chin. Professional photo editing is much more difficult than it sounds. It is possible to reduce the volume of the double chin with Photoshop, but if you remove it completely, the attempt to falsify the photo will be obvious.