Pregnancy, hormonal fluctuations and aging can all cause weakening of the chest muscles. Although it is a natural process to reduce the firmness of the skin and muscles of the breasts with age, there are some physical exercises and techniques that can help keep the breasts in good shape. If it is necessary to take drastic measures, then a possible solution is plastic surgery.
Method 1 of 3: Prevent Weakening Chest Muscles
Step 1. Wear supportive sports bras when exercising
The chest muscles bounce and stretch with each step or leap. Women with large breasts should wear underwired sports bras with wide straps.
A sports bra should fit more snugly than regular underwear and should fit your entire chest
Step 2. Sleep on your back
If you prefer to sleep on your side, your breasts will sag and stretch more. Sleeping on your back will help keep both breasts firm for longer.
Step 3. Avoid weight fluctuations
The alternation of periods of weight loss and weight gain leads to the appearance of stretch marks and a decrease in skin elasticity. Each time you gain weight, the skin stretches due to fatty deposits, so after weight loss, the skin sags even more.
Step 4. Replace bras as soon as the straps are stretched out
If the bra no longer provides elastic support, then you need to change it. Breast size can change due to hormonal fluctuations and pregnancy, so it is necessary to get new bras that are suitable for the size, as soon as the old ones become uncomfortable or too loose.
Extend the life of your bras by buttoning them up before washing. If you are unable to wash by hand, use the Delicate cycle and mesh laundry bags to prevent the laundry from stretching
Step 5. Apply anti-aging creams to your neck and upper chest
Use those that increase collagen levels in your skin. This will make your décolleté skin look more youthful.
Method 2 of 3: Strengthen your chest muscles
Step 1. Start with push-ups
Try three different types of this exercise to strengthen the different muscles in your chest and back. If you find it difficult to do push-ups in a completely horizontal position, try kneeling down.
- Regular push-ups. Get on all fours, and then extend your legs so that you rest on the floor with your hands and feet. Place your hands shoulder-width apart and point your fingers forward. Try to slowly push up five times as low as you can. Then try to do 10 push-ups, but faster.
- Army push-ups. The arms should be slightly wider than the shoulders. The toes are turned inward 45 degrees. Do 5 slow and 10 fast push-ups.
- Triceps push-ups. Place your hands shoulder-width apart. With this type of push-up, the elbows should be pressed against the body. Do 5 slow and 10 fast push-ups.
Step 2. Exercise "routing"
Lie on the floor. Pick up dumbbells or some kind of weight weighing from 1 to 3 kg.
- Bend your elbows. Then raise your arms, bringing them together just above your chest.
- Slowly lower your arms until your shoulders drop perpendicular to your body. Shoulders should barely touch the floor. Do 2-3 sets of 10 times.
- If the load is not enough, pick up heavier dumbbells.
Step 3. Try a different variation of the previous exercise
Instead of bending your elbows, lower them behind your head. The dumbbells should not touch each other so that both hands have the same load.
- Try not to lift your chest and back off the ground during the exercise. Use your upper abdominal muscles to do this.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
Step 4. Use a rubber band trainer
Instead of training with a barbell to pump your biceps and triceps muscles, you can use the elastic trainer, which is sure to be in every gym. Stand with your feet closer to the wall, bend a little and try to lean back.
- Keep your shoulders close to your chest to train your biceps.
- Raise your arms and spread them to the sides, as in the exercise "wiring".
- To train the triceps, stand with your back to the wall, bend forward on the simulator with your arms pressed to your chest. Press your wrists into your armpits and then straighten your arms.
- Stand with your back to the wall, bend in the lower back, touching the floor with your hands. Bend so that your body and arms are at a 90-degree angle to the ground. Then bend over again, repeat several times.
- For each exercise, do 2-3 sets of 10 times.
Step 5. Train three times a week with one day breaks
These exercises will tone the muscles of the arms and chest. As soon as you pump up your muscles a little, your breasts will immediately become firmer and tighter.
Method 3 of 3: Medical / Surgical Intervention
Step 1. If your breasts begin to sag, see a dermatologist
Your doctor may suggest chemical peels and laser treatments to tighten your skin.
Step 2. Consider if you should go for a surgical breast lift
Mastopixia tightens the skin, ligaments and tissues of the mammary glands, which improves the appearance of the breasts. If you are absolutely sure that you will no longer give birth to children, then a breast lift will rejuvenate it and make it more elastic.
The size cannot be increased with mastopexy
Step 3. Ask your doctor about the possibility of using lipofilling technology
During this procedure, the doctor removes fat from other parts of the body and transplants it to enlarge the breasts, which increases their size and makes them firmer.