When you have a cold or allergies, your voice may sound like Darth Vader's. Alert it with these 5 simple voice tricks!
Step 1. Drink plenty of water
The accumulation of mucus can be reduced by simply drinking water or hot tea. Step 2. Reduce congestion by using one or more of the following methods.
- Nasal spray. There are many different nasal sprays that you can purchase at your local pharmacy. These will reduce excess sinus congestion.
- Steam. Sit in the bathroom while you prepare a hot bath. Steam is good for cleansing the nasal passages and additional sinuses. Do not do this if you are afraid of catching a cold. Just use humidifiers. You can purchase humidifiers at any retail outlet.
- Neti pot. Neti pot is what you use to pump salt water through your sinuses. First of all, it feels a bit weird, but it DOES WORK. Don't be afraid to try new things.
Step 3. Sleep on 2 or 3 pillows
When you lie on a horizontal surface, the accumulation of mucus increases.
- When you flush water down the drain (in front of a hot shower or bath), instead of wasting it, collect and pour it into a humidifier.
- Get plenty of sleep and rest.