It is very important for girls to follow the rules of feminine hygiene, not only because it will prevent unpleasant odors, irritation and discomfort, but also because adhering to the rules of feminine hygiene will prevent the appearance of various bacterial infections. In some cases, bacterial infections can lead to various diseases, cancer, and other health problems. To follow the rules of feminine hygiene, you need to wash yourself, monitor your menstrual cycle, and wear underwear that allows your genitals to breathe.
Step 1. Wear loose, breathable clothing
Skinny pants, shorts, or synthetic panties can create a greenhouse effect that can lead to odors and infections.
- Wear panties that allow your private parts to breathe. It is advisable to wear cotton panties.
- Wear panties, pantyhose, or tights with a cotton bottom gusset to prevent excess sweating in the intimate area.
Step 2. Change any wet underwear as soon as you can
Wet underwear: panties or trousers, can lead to unpleasant odors and infections.
After swimming or after exercising, shower and wear fresh, clean underwear
Step 3. Wash yourself with an intimate soap every day
Intimate soaps can prevent irritation or infections that can occur with antibacterial soaps.
Rinse your genitals with clean water after washing and pat dry to prevent germs from growing in a humid environment
Step 4. Gently wipe your genitals after using the toilet
Thus, throughout the day, your intimate organs will be dry and clean.
- Use soft, white, odorless toilet paper.
- Wipe from the pubis to the anal area to keep germs from the anal area out of the vagina, which could contribute to a bacterial infection.
Step 5. Change your tampons, pads and sanitary napkins frequently
Failure to change the gasket for a long time can lead to unpleasant odors and the risk of infections.
Use pads made from natural products to avoid odors, as various chemicals can be hazardous to your health
Step 6. Wash yourself after sexual intercourse
Skin secretions, condom lubricants and other intimate products can lead to irritation, infection, or foul odors.
Step 7. Your meal should be nutritious
A diet rich in fruits, vegetables and grains such as brown rice can prevent genital infections.
Sleep without panties, if possible, to allow air circulation in the genitals for feminine hygiene
- Never put on new panties, shorts, or pants without washing them with powder or shampoo before wearing. New items may have chemicals on them that can lead to irritation or infections.
- Never use feminine hygiene products such as deodorant or genital powder without consulting your gynecologist, as these products can lead to infections or disrupt your vaginal flora.