According to an online survey, statistics show that 2 out of 3 laptop users have not yet secured their laptop with a password. Is your PC password protected? If not, we recommend two methods for you: create BIOS passwords and Windows passwords.
Step 1. Protect your laptop with BIOS passwords
The BIOS password is an extremely strong password that locks the hardware and the laptop is completely unusable. Only by entering a password can you enter the operating system.
Step 2. Create a BIOS password
Restart your laptop and press F2 continuously until the following interface appears. Select security with cursor and select "Set User" or "Set User Password".
- Note: What is the difference between Set User Password and Set Supervisor Password: User Password is used to control system access at boot; Supervisor Password controls access to the configuration utility.
Step 3. Press Enter, and fill in the three fields with your password
Step 4. Press Enter and a Setup Notice window will pop up, which means you have reset the BIOS password
Step 5. Press F10 to save it and select Yes to exit, your laptop will register automatically. 6 Make a reset
This is a tricky task if you have forgotten your BIOS password. Set BIOS password using standard BIOS passwords backdoor to reset BIOS password. A backdoor is one of the best ways to protect a BIOS password, which is provided for users to access the BIOS when the hardware is supported. Please note that some types of backdoor passwords will stop working if the wrong password is entered more than three times. Here are some well-known backdoor passwords:
- AMI Backdoor BIOS Passwords: including A. M. I., AAAMMMIII, PASSWORD and so on.
- Phoenix Backdoor BIOS Passwords: such as BIOS, CMOS, PHOENIX.
- Award Backdoor BIOS Passwords: including ALLY, pint, SKY_FOX, 598598, and so on.
Step 7. Protect your Windows laptop with a password
The Windows password is a confirmation code that the PC user requesting access to Windows is actually that particular user.
- Create an administrator password with which the owner can log on to Windows. And then you can create a Windows password reset disk.