Are you looking for diamonds but don't know where to start? Maybe you need a diamond pick in order to collect obsidian? Want to go to the nether world and make an enchanting table? Finding diamonds is not easy. Don't worry, we'll show you how to find diamonds with a minimum of effort.
Method 1 of 2: Make an iron or diamond pickaxe
Step 1. To collect a diamond, you will need an iron or diamond pickaxe
You cannot collect the diamond with another pickaxe. If you already have a matching pick, skip this step.
Step 2. Make a workbench if you don't have one
To do this, you need to collect a block of wood, put it in the crafting window, make 4 boards. Now place 4 planks in different slots in the crafting window. You will get a workbench.
Step 3. Make a wooden pickaxe
To do this, place the following on the workbench:
- 3 wooden boards located horizontally on the top 3 cells;
- 2 sticks, one above the other, vertically, directly under the middle upper cell with the board.
Step 4. Create a stone pickaxe
Use a wooden pickaxe to collect some blocks of stone. You will need 3 stone blocks. Place on the workbench:
- 3 blocks of cobblestone arranged horizontally in the top three cells;
- 2 sticks vertically in the middle spaces.
Step 5. Create or find a furnace
It can be found in the village or crafted with 8 cobblestone blocks. Place the cobblestone on the workbench in the 8 outer spaces, forming an empty square.
Step 6. Make an iron pickaxe
Find iron ore and collect it with your stone pickaxe. It can be found in caves and hills. You need 3 blocks of iron ore.
Place the iron ore in the furnace along with the charcoal. The charcoal will heat the stove. You will receive 9 iron ingots
Step 7. Make an iron pickaxe by placing it on the workbench
- 3 iron ingots in the top 3 slots;
- 2 sticks vertically into the middle cells.
Method 2 of 2: Finding Diamonds
Step 1. Diamonds can often be found in natural caves above the ground
For example, in chests. There are also chests in villages. But it is rather difficult to find diamonds in this way, chests come across quite rarely. The best thing is to make a mine and dig underground in search of diamonds.
Step 2. Stock up on all the essentials before going underground
You will need the following:
- many torches (more than 100);
- iron pickaxe or diamond pickaxe;
- weapons and armor to fight monsters.
Step 3. Diamonds can be found at levels 1-16
Most often they are found at 8-13 levels, especially often they lie at 12 levels. Usually diamonds are in groups of 2-10 blocks. If you're lucky, you can find more than 10 diamonds in one place.
Step 4. Make the stairs down
Make a 3 block hole in the ground. Then dig a ladder so that from one block you can go to another level below. From time to time you need to return to the surface, eat, put your finds in the chest and change tools and weapons.
Step 5. When you dig up the bedrock, dig all around to find a nest of monsters
This is level 0.
Step 6. Go up to level 12, 1 block is level 1
Make a small room there. Make a chest, workbench, oven so you don't have to return to the surface every time.
Step 7. Dig according to a certain pattern
There are several of them. For example:
- Make one shaft 2 blocks high and 1 block wide, dig it a few dozen blocks forward. Now dig out the sleeves, branches - every 5 blocks, along the main shaft. Sleeves should be 2x2.
- Keep digging until you find diamonds.
Step 8. If you can, try using a luck spell for the pickaxe
Then you will come across more minerals. This spell has 3 levels.
The first level increases the chances of finding 1 ore by 33%, the second level increases the chances of finding 2 or 3 ores by 25%, and the third level increases the chances of finding 2, 3 or 4 ores by 20%. The spell of the third level comes across quite rarely
Step 9. Before collecting the diamond, dig out all the blocks around it
Nearby, for example underneath, there may be lava. If you try to collect it, it will fall into lava and burn up. Therefore, be careful when collecting them. After all, diamonds are a very valuable mineral!
If you encounter lava, cover it with stone blocks. Then it won't hurt you
- Carry a bucket of water with you in case you come across lava. It will be easier for you to get through it, you will not die, collect all the diamonds and get obsidian.
- If you find only one diamond, dig nearby. There should be more diamonds nearby.
- Diamonds are usually found close to mainland rock or near lava.
- If you catch fire from lava, pour a bucket of water over yourself.
- Go to level 10-15. There are more diamonds here.
- Be sure to use iron pickaxes. It will be much faster and more efficient.
- Bring plenty of picks and torches with you.
- Watch out for monsters.
- You can also find gold there.
- Special mods for finding diamonds will not find many diamonds, because they can only find diamonds that are visible on the surface - and there are not many. And then, it will be much more pleasant for you to find diamonds by your own efforts.
- Dig near the mainland rock, at the very bottom, under the lava lakes, there are more diamonds.
- Do not place blocks of wood on top of lava, they will burn.
- Digging through branches is the most efficient method for mining diamonds.
- Do not think that the underworld is underground, in fact, it just hangs in the air!
- Many diamonds can often be obtained through various mods, such as the To Many Item mod and the Solar System mod.
- Watch out for creepers, they often appear in mines and explode.
- Never dig directly under you. There may be lava underneath you, and you will fall into it. Do not dig directly above you, lava may spill over you.
- Turn up the volume and listen in the cave system or while mining to avoid unexpected mob attacks.