There was a time when in order to copy high quality images on canvas, it was necessary to hire an artist who could copy the canvas onto another canvas. Photos could only be transferred to the canvas by a professional who specialized in printing photographs for the press. However, with modern technology, you can print to canvas yourself. You can achieve high quality canvas prints with good computer programs, the canvas itself, the printer, and whatever you intend to print.
Method 1 of 3: Print on the correct canvas
Step 1. Canvases for printing are produced with different textures and material qualities
They must also be specially designed for inkjet printers.
- With a glossy canvas, you can create works of art no worse than those. What can you buy in stores.
- Important works of art and gifts are best printed on canvas that is not exposed to UV light.
Step 2. Purchase the canvas of your choice from a stationery store or a specialty craft store
Method 2 of 3: Print digitized artwork on canvas
Step 1. * Find digitized art reproductions in online stores
Visit specialty art shops, galleries and museum shops to see what you can buy.
Step 2. Select the reproduction file you want to print on your canvas
- Saved or scanned images are printed directly onto the canvas.
- Make sure the image has good clarity and contrast before making your final decision.
Step 3. Decide on the size of the printed image
Make a test copy on plain paper to get a rough idea of what the final product will look like.
Step 4. Insert the canvas into the printer in the same way as you would load plain paper
Step 5. Print the image
Step 6. Dry the canvas completely so as not to smudge it when you pick it up
Method 3 of 3: How to print digital photos on canvas
Step 1. Open Windows Photo and Fax Viewer on your PC
- Edit photos before printing.
- Select the desired document or image in this program.
- Click on "Print Settings"
- You can choose from the smallest to full-page print size - make the right choice. When the selection is made, click "Print".
Step 2. Use the Application option to select an image for printing on your Mac
- Edit the graphic file to your liking
- Open the file and click "Print"
- In the window that opens, select your printer if it is not automatically detected.
- Check the print settings and change if necessary.
- Click "Print".
Step 3. Print digital photographs in the same way as reproductions of artwork in the example above
Insert the canvas into the printer and let the ink dry before handling the finished product.
- To decorate the resulting image, it can be wrapped or framed.
- Visit your local office supply store for a larger image. They will help you print such files to canvas. Take your print-ready electronic file with you.
- A professional canvas print professional can provide some helpful tips on how to maintain high image quality when printing to canvas, so show them your work if you get the chance.
Make sure your printer and scanner are free of dust and lint before starting work.