Do you want to impress guests or friends with the immaculate cleanliness and beauty of your room? Follow the simple instructions and your room will shine soon!
Method 1 of 4: Put on the music
1 Deliver upbeat, energetic music to your CD, MP3 player or iPad.
Play an album of your favorite singer. Opt for music that invigorates you and makes you move faster.
Method 2 of 4: Sorting Things
1 Place all the trash on the floor.
Remember to remove all the trash from under the bed and from the closet.
2 Distribute items to be discarded, clothing, toys, etc.
on separate piles. You can also add items that you have not yet decided on whether to donate to charities or to throw away separately.
3 The first step is to deal with the discard stack.
Throw away all trash, items you will no longer use, and spoiled food. You may need to collect another stack of items that you give or donate.
Method 3 of 4: Cleaning the room
1 Make the bed.
This will free up space for yourself to fold your clothes.
2 Separate dirty clothes from clean ones.
Place clean clothes on the bed and dirty clothes in the dirty laundry basket. In order not to wash it again, set aside items that have only been worn once. Check their scent to make sure you're not mistaken.
3 Now you have only toys and other personal items on the floor.
Arrange them quickly on the shelves, put them in the drawers of the dresser or in the closet.
4 Finally, fold the clean clothes on the bed and (neatly) place them in the closet or hang them on hangers.
5 If necessary, move the furniture to make it easier to vacuum, sweep and mop the floor.
6 Tidy the surface of the table, chest of drawers, shelves.
Wipe off dust, remove random items, arrange things neatly.
Method 4 of 4: Final Chords
1 If your enthusiasm is still there, you can wash the windows.
You can also wipe wood furniture, if you have one, with a furniture cleaner and a clean, soft cloth.
- When you're done cleaning, be sure to check that you haven't forgotten anything.
- First, remove things and electronic devices that distract you so that you are not tempted to read or play.
- Don't stop to read or study what you've found; you will lose enthusiasm!
- Only start spring cleaning if you are sure you will complete it.
- Take your time when folding clothes, otherwise they will look untidy.
- Watch where you step so you don't break anything or get hurt.
- If you don't have room in your room for items you want to keep but don't use anymore, put them in your pantry.
- Use boxes. You can label them so that each box is assigned to a specific category of items, making it easy for you to organize your items. Is it even easier? You can keep your room tidy by just tossing things back into the right box!
- Don't forget to clean under the bed.
- Imagine competing for the fastest room cleaning!
- Imagine that you are a maid cleaning the room of a somewhat swaggering girl. When you see something disgusting, you might think that this girl is such a pig. Then it will be easier for you not to run your room in the future.
- Imagine that you are cleaning it for someone special, for example, imagine that your boyfriend or girlfriend will come to you soon.
- Place all items from the floor, desk, etc. on your bed; you won't be able to go to bed until you finish cleaning.
- While cleaning, try to think about how the room will look when you're done.
- Make sure there is nothing like chewing gum on the floor, as it can stick to, for example, the soles of your shoes.
- Start an alarm and set yourself a time limit.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe dust off furniture.
- If possible, get someone to help; this will make the task easier and make the process more interesting.
- Do not answer phone calls, it can distract you from your work.
- Don't reward yourself; you must keep your room clean at all times.