Resource packs can significantly change the appearance and structure of the Minecraft game. There are thousands of free packs out there. Resource packs make it easy to use mods in Minecraft, and you can download and install them in a matter of minutes. If you are using old texture packs for older versions of Minecraft, then it is possible to convert them into resource packs and also download them. See Step 1 for how to do this.
Method 1 of 2: Installing the resource pack
Step 1. Find and download the resource pack
Resource packs can change graphics, sounds, music, animation and more. They can be found on several popular Minecraft websites. Resource packs should be free.
- When you download the resource pack, it will be in ZIP format. Do not extract files from the archive.
- Make sure to download the correct version of the resource pack, which must match the version of your Minecraft.
- Resource packs can only be installed on the PC version of Minecraft.
- There are many resource pack websites including ResourcePack.net, MinecraftTexturePacks.com, PlanetMinecraft.com and many more.
Step 2. Start Minecraft. 3 On the home screen, click on the "Options
Step 4. Click on the "Resource Packs" button.
5 Click on "Open Resource Packs Folder"
Step 6. Copy the resource pack
Click and drag the downloaded zip file to the resourcepacks folder. Make sure to drag and drop the file itself, not create a shortcut to it.
Do not extract files from the resource pack archive
Step 7. Download resource pack
As soon as you copy the resource pack to the desired folder, you can start Minecraft. First, you need to download it in order for Minecraft to use it. Start Minecraft and log into your account. Open the "Options …" menu and then select "Resource Packs".
- The newly installed resource pack will be displayed in the left column. Active resource packs will be displayed in the right column. Select the packs you want to include and click on the right arrow to move them from the left column to the right.
- The order of the packs in the right column shows the order in which they are loaded. The topmost pack will be loaded first, and so on. Select the packs you want to use mainly by selecting them and clicking on the up arrow.
Step 8. Play the game
After installing the necessary resource packs, you can start the game. Resource packs will change any textures or sounds that should replace and change your impression of the game.
If you do not want to use some resource packs, then go back to the Resource Pack menu, in the Options menu, and delete the packs from the right column
Method 2 of 2: Converting Old Pack Textures
Step 1. Decide if you need to convert the packs
Texture packs for Minecraft 1.5 or earlier are not suitable for new versions of Minecraft. These packs must be converted for new versions of the game.
Step 2. Parse the texture pack
Texture packs for Minecraft 1.5 are stitched together until they are used, and the pack must be ripped open before being converted. You can do it manually, but it can take some time. Instead, download the Unstitcher program, which is designed to automate this process.
Launch Unstitcher and then download the texture pack. The strut process will begin, which will take a few minutes
Step 3. Convert the ripped pack
Once the spacer process is complete, download and run Minecraft Texture Ender. This program converts ripped texture packs into resource packs. Launch the program and download the ripped pack to start the conversion process.
Step 4. Download the pack
After the pack is converted, you can upload it to Minecraft, in the same way as any other resource pack. See the previous sections of this article for more details.