By 2013, the average Facebook user has around 229 friends. Even if you don't use Facebook consistently, you probably have dozens or even hundreds of friends. In this article, we'll show you how to invite your friends to an event you're planning, as well as some easy ways to invite all your friends at once, without having to tag each one individually!
Method 1 of 3: Invite Your Friends to an Event
Step 1. Go to Facebook
Enter your username and password in the appropriate fields at the top of the home page. If you don't have a Facebook page, you'll have to create one and then add friends before you can create an event.
Step 2. Click on the "Events" tab on your Facebook home page
In the column on the left, under the general category "Favorites", there should be a tab "Events", if you have not deleted it earlier.
If you don't see the Events tab, just start typing the word “events” in the search bar at the top of the page, which initially shows the text “Search for people, places, or things”. The link marked as "Events" with the postscript "applications" will appear in the drop-down menu, under the search bar - click on it
Step 3. Click on "+ Create"
On the Events page, find the blue button at the top right of the page, to the left of the gray Today button and above the small calendar. Click on it!
Step 4. Enter information about your event
In the pop-up window, you will need to specify the title, venue, date and date, and write a short description. As a minimum information, you will need to indicate the name of the event - the rest of the parameters are optional (but the filling is recommended).
Step 5. Click on "Invite Friends"
This is written in blue at the bottom left of the pop-up window. You will be taken to a list of all your Facebook friends. Check the box next to the names of the friends you want to invite.
Above the list will be those friends with whom you theoretically interact most closely (family members, close friends, partners, etc.) If you do not see the name of someone you would like to invite, simply scroll down the list, or Type a name in the search box above the list to find the person you are looking for
Step 6. Click “Save” when you're done inviting friends
You will be returned to the first popup. Here you can add the event details again, and when you're done, click on the blue "create" button
Step 7. Edit your event
Once you create an event, you will be redirected to a dedicated event page. Here you will find many options to modify your event page as well as the event data. Below are some useful options to consider.
- Add a photo. Your event page will be much more attractive if you add a photo. Just click on the big "Add Event Photo" button at the top of the page and then choose to either upload a photo from your computer's hard drive or select one of your photos on Facebook.
- Change your event information. Click on the gray pencil "Edit" button to change the name, description, time, or location of the event. Here you can also assign other organizers to the event. Organizers can edit event information, invite people, add new organizers just like you.
- Invite more friends. If you think of someone else you would like to invite, don't worry, just click on the gray Invite Friends button with the envelope icon at the top of the screen. The list of friends will appear in front of you again - just check the boxes next to the desired names, as before.
Step 8. View additional event options
Click on the little gray button marked with a gear symbol on the event page. You will be presented with a list of additional features that you can use to take your event to the next level. These options are:
- Edit organizer list: Add or remove event organizers.
- Connect with guests: Send messages to your guests on Facebook. This is useful if, for example, you want to report a change in location for an event.
- Copy event. Automatically creates a separate copy of the original event. The new event saves the list of invitees, description, title, etc. This feature is useful if you plan to meet multiple times.
- Cancel the event. Delete event page. In this case, all invitees will receive an automatic notification.
- Disable notifications. This feature turns off notifications about this event - you will not see anything about it in your news feed, etc.
- Export of the event. Send the event to your calendar, or email.
- Promote the event. Here you can find out about the possibilities of advertising on Facebook.
Method 2 of 3: Invite all your friends to Firefox
Step 1. Go to Facebook
On the start page, click on "Events", on the left, under the "Favorites" mark. On the events page, click on "Create an event". Give your event a name (for example "Masha's Birthday"), choose a time and place, choose a privacy level (invitation only, open, etc.) and optionally insert a description. Click on "Create" to create an event.
Or you can type the word "Events" in the search bar at the top of the page. A link to your events page will appear below the search bar
Step 2. On the page of your event, click "Invite Friends"
A pop-up window will display a list of all your friends, with checkboxes opposite each of them. Usually, to invite friends, you need to check the boxes next to each of the names separately, even if you are inviting hundreds of friends. Using the method described below, you can invite all your friends at once.
Step 3. Scroll down the windows
You may need to scroll down the page for a long time - this part of the operation takes the most time, but nevertheless it must be done, otherwise the names of your friends will not appear in the list until you get to their name. This method allows you to automatically tag all friends, so if some of your friends do not appear on the list, they will not be invited.
Step 4. Click on the orange "Firefox" icon in the upper left corner of your browser
Do not leave the invitation popup during this step, otherwise you will have to reopen it and scroll down
Step 6. Select the "Display" button from the menu and then "Run"
It is possible that your browser will freeze briefly while the script is running - this is normal. After a few seconds, it will return to its normal state, check the "Invite Friends" box. If everything was done correctly, then each friend in the box should be ticked!
Step 7. Click on "Save" to invite your friends
The process is complete. Have a nice event!
- If you want to invite most of my friends, but not of all, this method is still convenient - follow all the steps, and when all your friends are marked, uncheck the boxes next to the friends you do not want to invite manually. This way, you will still save time.
Method 3 of 3: Invite all your friends to Chrome
Step 1. Go to the Chrome Web Store
The easiest and fastest way to invite all your friends using the Chrome browser is to download a special browser extension that does all the work for you. On the Chrome Web Store Search Page Type “Invite All Friends”, on the search results page, scroll down to the “Extensions” section. There you will see several extensions designed to help you invite all your friends to your Facebook events at the same time.
Step 2. Download and install the extension of your choice
These extensions are usually very easy to use and come with instructions. The exact steps when using a particular extension can vary slightly. The rest of the steps in this article are based on the selection of the "Facebook Friend Inviter" extension - this is a fairly popular extension that should be among the first results of a relevant search.
Click on "+ Free" and then on "Add" to add the extension to your browser
Step 3. Go to your Facebook event page
To do this, go to your account, select the "Events" tab, in the "Favorites" menu on the left of the main page. Then either create a new event or select an existing one.
Step 4. Select "Invite Friends"
A pop-up window with a list of friends will appear. To invite all your friends, you need to scroll to the very bottom of this window. Facebook doesn't automatically add all friends to the list - it adds them as you scroll through the list. Since the extension automatically marks only those friends that appear on the list, scroll all the way down to make sure all friends are displayed.
Step 5. Click on the Facebook Friend Inviter extension icon in your browser
The icon is located among all browser extensions - usually in the upper right part of the window. The icon is a blue “f” next to the checkbox. After a few seconds, a pop-up window will appear that says "All your friends have been added." If everything is done correctly, each friend, in the window with the list of friends, should be checked.
Step 6. Click "Save"
This way you will invite all your tagged friends! Happy party or event!