We all want to have sparkling white teeth so that our smile is irresistible. Regular dental care and regular dental visits will help you keep your teeth healthy, but sometimes drastic steps are required to whiten your teeth before a major event in your life. Fortunately, there are several ways you can whiten your teeth in just one hour! Start at point number one.
Method 1 of 3: Whitening at home
Step 1. Use baking soda
Baking soda can whiten teeth in minutes! This is because the baking soda scrapes the stone off the teeth and acts like a soft abrasive.
- First, wet your toothbrush with water and dip it in baking soda. Then brush your teeth thoroughly as you would normally, but pay more attention to those 16 teeth that are in front. Brush your teeth for about three minutes.
- Keep in mind that baking soda can remove the protective layer of enamel, so this procedure can be performed no more often than once or twice a week without risking dental health.
Step 2. Use hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide can whiten your teeth very quickly. To make this procedure safe for you, do not swallow it.
- One way to whiten your teeth with peroxide is to soak a piece of cloth in the peroxide and wipe your teeth with it. The peroxide will remove the stones, and a rag will do the trick.
- You can also simply rinse your mouth with hydrogen peroxide (which will not only keep bacteria free, but also create a pleasant smell). Or dip your toothbrush in peroxide and brush your teeth with it.
Step 3. Eat strawberries
Snack on strawberries after meals. It contains folic acid, which helps to clean and brighten teeth.
- You can also mix strawberries and baking soda. You will have a special tooth whitening paste.
- Here are other foods that naturally cleanse your teeth: apples, pears, carrots, and celery.
Step 4. Try not to eat or drink anything that will cause tartar on your teeth
If you want to keep your teeth white, avoid coffee, black tea, red wine, grape juice, and reduce your curry intake.
- If you still cannot deny yourself these products, then drink through a straw or pre-grease your teeth with petroleum jelly.
- You can also chew a sugar-free tooth whitening gum. Thanks to this, plaque on the teeth and newly formed calculus will disappear, and the teeth will become whiter.
Method 2 of 3: Whitening with products you can buy at any store
Step 1. Use a whitening toothpaste
Naturally, such a toothpaste will not whiten your teeth in an hour, however, if you use such a paste all the time, your teeth will be whiter.
- Whitening toothpastes contain special fine abrasives that polish teeth and remove calculus (without damaging tooth enamel). Also in these pastes there are special chemicals (for example, blue covarin) that act on the teeth so that they look whiter.
- To properly use whitening toothpaste, apply a pea to your toothbrush and brush in small circular motions, holding the brush at a 45-degree angle to your gums.
Step 2. Use whitening strips
These strips are coated with a special substance that whitens teeth. Usually they use two sets of strips a day: each for 30 minutes, and in an hour you have a snow-white smile!
- Whitening strips can be purchased either at the supermarket or pharmacy. Do not buy strips that contain chlorine dioxide, as these can damage tooth enamel.
- When using the strips, open the package and apply one strip to the upper teeth and the other to the lower teeth. Leave them on for 30 minutes. Some of the strips dissolve when in the mouth, and some need to be removed.
- For best results, use the strips twice a day for two weeks.
Step 3. Use a whitening pen
Just like the strips, the pen contains peroxide, which helps whiten your teeth.
- Remove the cap and press down slightly to release the gel from the pen. Stand in front of the mirror, smile broadly, and apply the gel to your teeth.
- Do not close your mouth for about 30 seconds to dry the gel. Try not to eat or drink for 45 minutes after your procedure.
- For best results, repeat this process three times a day for a month.
Step 4. Use a whitening tray
This is another quick way to whiten teeth. You can buy whitening mouth guards at a pharmacy or order from your dentist.
- To use a tray, dab some concentrated peroxide gel into it and slide it over your teeth.
- Depending on the type and model of your mouthguard, you can keep it for 30 seconds or overnight. In spite of everything, even after one use, your teeth will look much whiter. You can use this method if you want to significantly whiten your teeth.
- Although specially ordered mouthguards from your dentist can be quite expensive (about $ 300), they are made strictly according to the shape of your teeth, respectively, the effect is enhanced in contrast to the "one for all sizes" mouthguard.
Method 3 of 3: Whitening Treatments
Step 1. Get your teeth professionally cleaned
Visit your dentist every six months for a professional cleaning of your teeth.
- These treatments will prevent dental calculus and gum disease, and your teeth will look healthy and white.
- Your dentist may recommend professional teeth whitening, similar to what you do at home, but much more effective.
Step 2. You can do a laser procedure
Another way to whiten your teeth is with a laser procedure. This is a very expensive procedure, however, the results are excellent considering that the procedure does not last long.
- The whitening gel is applied to your teeth, the gums are covered with a specific shield. A white laser beam is directed to the teeth, activating the gel.
- Depending on how white your teeth you want, you will need to undergo several procedures, but each one lasts no more than 30 minutes.
- Do not drink energy drinks and cola often, they contain a large amount of sugar, which leads to the premature appearance of calculus on the teeth.
- Brush your teeth after every meal. This way, food will not get stuck in your mouth and you will always have fresh breath.
- Brush your teeth after breakfast, after lunch, and when you go to bed.
- Brush your teeth every day.
- Brush your teeth with baking soda.
- Avoid foods that cause dental calculus such as soy sauce, red wine, cigarettes, and coffee.
- You can drink coffee and wine through a straw to prevent stone formation.
- Rinse your teeth with a mixture of baking soda, salt, lemon juice, and vinegar. Then apply some banana to your teeth.