Here's how you can save paper if you get creative: Instead of putting the note in an envelope, why not fold the note itself into an envelope? That way, you don't need another piece of paper to be torn up and thrown away. In addition, by drawing a drawing on one side of the sheet, you can make a rather original envelope!
Step 1. Tear out a piece of paper from a notebook (you can use any piece of paper) and write a note on the side that will be inside the envelope
Step 2. Unfold the sheet so that the beginning of the note is on the right and the end is on the left
Step 3. Fold the sheet in the middle so that you get two corners on top
Do not bend too much - you need to leave some free space at the bottom.
Step 4. Fold the bottom down to the base line of the triangle you make
Step 5. Fold the bottom half over again
Now, what happened should resemble a garrison cap from a newspaper.
Step 6. Fold one bottom side towards the middle
Step 7. Bend the other bottom side towards the middle, but a little further so you can slide it under the other side
Step 8. Bend the pointed part down
To make sure it won't lift, attach a small piece of tape or a label to it. Or make the "wings" cover each other more, so that it is possible to push one end into the other, then they will not open. Ready! Give the note to the person for whom it was written! (Remember to teach others how to fold an envelope so they can do the same for you.)
- When you make the folds, press down on them with your thumb. Then it will be better to hold on.
- Place something in a small envelope as a surprise. Just don’t put anything heavy so that the surprise doesn’t fall out.
- Try not to cut yourself with the paper.
- Try to make all edges the same size.
- If you need to use the tape, turn it upside down to prevent it from unrolling.
- If you're not going to write a note, wash and cut the bag of chips for a foil lining (this looks great).
- Use unusual paper, decorate it, and present it to someone as a greeting card.
- Try to hide the envelope somewhere so that it comes as a surprise to the person who finds it.
- The person who received the envelope may not know that it is a note and will tear it apart.
- You may not be successful the first time - just keep practicing.
- An envelope of this size cannot be mailed to the United States. It does not meet the minimum postage and delivery requirements. However, it can be shipped in the UK.
- If you make one side uneven, the entire envelope will be uneven.
- If you want the envelope to be large, then use a large piece of paper.