Some women believe that young people their age are not comparable to older men. However, not all women know how to flirt properly with mature men. After all, such a man is at a different stage in life, and you and him may not have common interests. Fortunately, when dealing with an older man, it is more important to show confidence despite your own age than to have a similar life experience.
Part 1 of 2: How to win over an older man
Step 1. Let him feel like a person and not a representative of a particular generation
When interacting with older men, young women often begin to explain in detail why they like mature men. This can make a man think that a woman is interested in the type in general, and not just him as a person.
- Do not talk about why you are attracted to men older than you, but rather explain why you want to communicate specifically with him.
- Do you like his gray hair? Or does he dress stylishly? Or maybe you heard him discuss an interesting topic for you?
Step 2. Discuss the age difference if this topic comes up
Help the man feel comfortable around you, and for this, let him decide for himself what he wants to talk about, even if it comes to some slippery topic. It's okay if the issue of age difference is not brought up during communication. Conversations on different topics suggest that age is not at all attracted to you in each other. But do not avoid talking about age if a man suddenly points out that you are much younger than him.
- Make it clear that you are interested in a man as a person, and then turn the conversation to the question of why you like older men.
- Do not talk about past relationships, but instead tell in general terms why older men seem more attractive to you than guys your age.
- Don't focus on financial stability. Think of all the things older men have to offer you, including emotional stability, prospects, and a relaxed lifestyle.
Step 3. Let the man decide for himself whether he wants to talk about his work
Different men have different views on financial stability. Let him decide for himself how frank he wants to be with you when discussing his own work.
- If you turn the conversation to the topic of his work, he may think that you are flirting with him just because he is rich.
- On the other hand, he can independently tell you about his achievements. Let him use that as one of his strengths when flirting, just as you emphasize your youth!
Step 4. Demonstrate personal financial independence
No matter how successful a man is in his career, he may avoid contact with a young woman if he thinks she needs financial support from him. Even if he doesn't want to share the details of the profession with you, tell him about your job.
- Of course, you should not discuss the size of the salary, but talking about your work will let the man know that you are capable of supporting yourself.
- If the conversation takes place in a bar, and the man offers to pay for your order, thank him, but make it a joke. Say, "How nice of you, but you don't have to!"
Step 5. Respect his opinion
If there is one thing that adults of all ages agree on, it is the fact that there is nothing worse than young people who think they know more than others. While you don't have to agree with everything a man tells you, you shouldn't contradict him. Some people worry that as they get older, they no longer understand the modern way of thinking so clearly. You need to make the man feel experienced, not old.
- A great way to smooth out differences in perspective is to treat the situation as a learning process. Instead of categorically rejecting his opinion, ask him to explain why the man thinks this way.
- Listen to the man carefully and sincerely. You don't have to change your way of thinking; you just need to show that you respect it enough to try to understand.
- Of course, if he adheres to his point of view, which seems offensive to you, you can tell him about it right in his face and walk away. Don't sacrifice principles for a man.
Part 2 of 2: How to Make a Good Impression
Step 1. Engage the man in the conversation
While you must respect the man’s opinion, you must also show that you have your own opinion. Differences in views sometimes lead to fascinating discussions rather than controversies. What man does not fall in love with a woman who can turn disagreements on one of the subjects of conversation into a pleasant conversation?
- Give your face a relaxed expression, thereby making it clear to the man that you do not want to start an argument over the difference in views.
- Learn to laugh at how different your opinions are on one of the topics of conversation.
- Perhaps you are lucky to find someone who shares your point of view. In this case, you can only rejoice!
Step 2. Dress appropriately for your age
Youth is one of your greatest strengths when flirting with an older man. Use it in the right way! When you go out on a date in the evening, wear fashionable clothes that set you apart from older women. Of course, you shouldn't dress like a teenager. You do not want the man to think that you are trying to drag him to the concert of the "Hands up!" Wear clothes that fit the style of a 20-year-old or 30-year-old woman, but are slightly more extravagant than a 40-year-old lady.
Mature men consider the age of a young woman to be the most attractive factor. Don't try to look older or younger than your age. You are already in the golden mean
Step 3. Don't focus on your youth
A man sees you and understands perfectly well that you are younger than him. You should not focus on a young age in order to interest a man during a conversation. Behave your age, but don't stress it when you're talking. A man will quickly lose interest in a conversation if he constantly focuses on his age ("my dad's favorite song!"). He may also find you beautiful on the outside, but empty on the inside. Instead of constantly saying how young you are, focus on how mature you are for your age.
Step 4. You shouldn't hide your youth either
It may seem that there is too little in common between you to keep a man's interest in your personality. For example, he may have children or a mortgage, he may love 70s music, or many other things that you have no idea about. Don't pretend and show in conversation that you understand parenting issues. He will immediately notice the falsity.
- You shouldn't act like a child. You are young, but not frivolous. Instead of saying, “I’m not at all versed in mortgage loans,” turn the conversation to other topics that are interesting for a man. Ask, for example, why he enjoys owning real estate.
- Even if he begins to list the difficulties and problems, just smile and say: "I am not yet familiar with this, but I would like to know more."
- Be open to new knowledge if he wants to share his experience with you. For example, say, “I don’t really like music written before the 80s, but I’d like to listen to it if you think it’s interesting to me.”
Step 5. Be yourself
Mature men have had plenty of time to prioritize their preferences, so they usually know well what they like and don't like. They want to see a woman like them next to them, even if she is younger. Listen to what the man says about himself, but do not forget to talk about your own life. Tell your man if you really want to move to a measured lifestyle. But keep things in place if you still have a binge with your girlfriends every weekend. Don't apologize for this, it is part of you as a person.
Step 6. Maintain eye contact
You shouldn't look too closely, but it is important to establish an emotional connection with a man with the help of a glance. Eye contact demonstrates self-confidence and interest in the man.
Step 7. Touch your hair and neck
These are very personal areas of the body. Even our closest friends do not always touch these parts of our body. The neck and hair are for the most part inviolable to everyone except the sexual partner. Draw the man's attention to these body parts so that he understands what you are thinking.
Step 8. Use body language wisely
This applies to any kind of flirting, not just with mature men. Keep in mind that your body language can indicate an interest in sex. Consider the man's feelings and consider your own safety. Don't let your man think that you are interested in sexual intimacy if you are not at all. But if you really care about it, body language will tell you what you want in better than a thousand words.
- Draw the man's attention to your lips: bite your lower lip, close them tightly when you think, or paint with bright lipstick. Make the man want to kiss you.
- Feel free to touch the man: put your hand over his hand when you laugh at his joke, or put your hand on his shoulder when you are about to share something personal.
- You should not sit with your arms crossed: it makes you think that you are closed to communication.
- Lean towards the man to close the distance between you.