Sometimes it's hard to know if a guy likes you. Nevertheless, there are a number of signals that allow you to understand that he wants to be more than just your friend! Understand the situation to start a romantic relationship or just be content with knowing the truth.
Part 1 of 3: Actions
Step 1. The guy tries to impress
If a guy is in love with you, then he will do anything to impress you. He wants to show himself as a brave, funny, interesting and even a little strange person. When you next meet him, pay attention to whether he is trying to impress you with his words or actions. If a guy is trying to stand out in sports, bragging about weekend plans, trying to make a crazy jump into the pool with his clothes on, or something similar, then it is quite possible that he is in love with you.
- Watch him closely when he does "impressive" things. If at the same time he looks in your direction to follow your expression, then it is very likely that he likes you.
- Of course, it is difficult to guess how he behaves in your absence, but try to understand how he is drawn in front of you. For example, if he starts telling silly jokes or juggling oranges when you come around, then his behavior speaks for itself.
Step 2. The guy is jealous of you other guys
This is another reinforced concrete proof that he is in love with you. If a guy is jealous of your other friends, there is only one explanation: he likes you and he feels threatened by other guys. Jealousy can manifest itself in many ways. He may joke with other guys, act rude or aggressive, or roll his eyes and turn away when he sees you in company. If he is jealous of you, it’s only because he wants to spend more time alone with you.
- Naturally, he does not admit to being jealous. If he constantly talks about what a loser your friend Zhenya is or asks why you are friends with such a strange guy like Sergei, then he is only trying to show that he wants to spend more time with you.
- If he expresses everything in the face of your friends, then this probably speaks of jealousy. This behavior can be a problem if he is being rude, but if the guy is just not being very nice to them, then he may be in love with you.
Step 3. The guy is always looking for reasons to meet with you
If a guy is in love, then he will want to spend all his free time with you. He will invite you to do homework after school or go to the movies with his friends. A guy might come to parties just for the chance to see you. When asked about your plans, he will accidentally notice that he wanted to do the same. If he began to spend more time with you and show interest in what you are doing, then the reason may lie in his love for you.
- Think about it. If a month ago you rarely met each other, and today he is always there, then the point is that he likes you.
- Perhaps he is embarrassed to be alone with you, so he always comes with a company. It does not change anything.
Step 4. The guy is flirting with you
It's not always easy to recognize flirting. A lot depends on the age of the guy - if he is in high school, then the guy will most likely tease you or even make fun of you as a flirtation. At different ages, guys flirt in different ways, but if he makes you stand out or spends more time with you, is playful about your words, actions, clothes and behaves differently from other girls, even if he teases, then he flirts with you …
- If he's fooling around and always joking about all your clothes being purple or weird earrings, then he's probably flirting.
- If he gently nudges you or touches you with his elbow, then the guy is trying to flirt with you.
- If he teases you so much that he even came up with a special nickname, then there is no doubt.
Step 5. The guy treats you differently from other girls
A special attitude is another sign of falling in love. If a guy treats you the same way he treats other girls, then he is unlikely to be in love with you. Nevertheless, if he does not miss the opportunity to flirt and does not pay attention to the other girls, then he liked you. There is another option: the guy is extremely attentive to other girls and seems to be ignoring you. It sounds and looks strange, but this is how he shows his sympathy, because he is embarrassed to act directly.
- Next time, pay attention to the guy's behavior when you are with him in the company of other girls. Does he playfully tease the girls, fall asleep with questions, or playfully hug? If he behaves the same way with you, then the guy just loves to flirt. If he treats you differently, then it is quite possible that you sunk into his soul.
- Perhaps he is more polite and reserved with you. Does he hold the door for you or pull the chair more often than other girls? In that case, the guy almost certainly liked you.
Step 6. The guy is trying to be useful to you
Another sign of falling in love is that the guy seeks to provide you with small services. Perhaps he helps you with your homework, helps you carry books, or finds out when the movie you are interested in will premiere. Every little thing matters. You should think about it. Does the guy go out of his way to help you? If he only treats you this way, then this is a way to win your favor.
- Of course, it may turn out that he is just a friendly guy who helps everyone. However, the likelihood of falling in love is still much higher.
- The courtesy and attempts to help indicate that he is sensitive to your needs. This is a sure sign that he is in love with you!
Step 7. Watch your phone conversation
Today, one of the easiest ways to figure out if a guy likes you is by talking on the phone. He may be embarrassed to speak to you in person and may feel more confident in phone conversations. Here are some signs that a guy might be in love with you:
- Did he ask for your phone number? Don't be discouraged if the answer is negative. Perhaps he will give you his number to hint at sympathy. If he said his phone number, immediately write to him and indicate your name so that he can write down your phone number. After exchanging numbers, smile and say something like: "Call me sometime, we will agree to meet!"
- Track how often he calls or texts you. Regular messaging is a clear sign of sympathy. The lack of messages may indicate that the guy is shy. Don't be afraid to take the first step - it might just be waiting for your message! If several of your messages went unanswered, then the guy is unlikely to be in love with you.
Part 2 of 3: Words
Step 1. The guy asks if you like someone
If a guy asks if you like someone or if you have a partner, then he probably likes you. He may be interested in jealousy, worried that you like someone else, or secretly hopes to hear that you have a liking for him. It's not the most skillful way of assessing the environment, but almost all guys do it. If he constantly teases you or annoys you with questions about who you like, then this is one of the signs of falling in love.
There is one exception to this rule. He may be asking you because a friend who likes you asked him to. If his friend is constantly looking at you, then it is possible that the guy's friend liked you
Step 2. The guy tells that he cannot find a suitable girl
If he constantly tells you that other girls he knows don't suit him, or that you are smarter, prettier, and more interesting than others, he may be trying to hint that you are a great fit for him. Has he been on dates with other girls and says they didn't impress him? Constantly saying that the girls from his company do not live up to his expectations? Perhaps he wants to show that you are not at all like that.
Make sure he doesn't think of you as his best friend. If he consults with you about other dates, then he may just see you as a friend. If he just “complains” to you about other girls, then such words may speak of falling in love with you
Step 3. The guy always finds a way to compliment you
Another sign of sympathy is that he always compliments you. Perhaps he is not saying obvious things like, "You are very beautiful today." For example, he notices that your dress is an unusual color, he likes your new earrings or shoes. The fact that he paid attention to your appearance, actions, or clothing shows the mindfulness that can speak of falling in love.
The guy may kindly say that sportswear suits you, that you are smarter than the other guys in the class, or always joke appropriately. Some guys are embarrassed to compliment a girl's talents or personality traits and dwell on the obvious. This is one of the signs that he cares about you
Step 4. The guy is trying to find out your plans
He always asks what are you going to do this weekend? Maybe the guy is jealous and wants to make sure you don't go on a date with someone else, is looking for an excuse to invite you to his company, or hopes that you will offer to spend time together. If he is interested in your life outside of school, then it is possible that he wants to be a part of your life.
- A guy might ask, "Are you going to do something interesting this weekend?" If the answer is no, he may ask you to meet. This development of events leaves no particular doubt about his sympathy for you.
- Watch his face when he asks a similar question. If you answer that you want to spend the weekend with your girlfriends, then you may notice a noticeable relief on his face, because you will not be spending time with other guys.
Step 5. The guy confides in you
If a guy is in love with you, he can share with you his thoughts and feelings: talk about his pet, relatives, friends, plans for the future. If he shares personal information with you and at the same time adds: “I hardly tell anyone about this,” or: “Few people know about this,” then he shows a special attitude. If a guy is in love with you, he can talk about what he will hide from most other people or even friends.
If he doesn't confide in you, it doesn't mean that the guy doesn't like you. It is possible that he is quite shy
Step 6. The guy laughs more often next to you
When a guy is in love, he may be more nervous around you than around other girls. This often leads to the fact that he laughs more often than usual. He might laugh at a barely funny joke or smile when you weren't even thinking of joking. Next time, notice how often he laughs in your presence, as well as how much more often it happens. He may be in love with you.
- Notice how the guy behaves with other people. Is he always bursting into laughter or just next to you? In the second case, he is probably not indifferent to you.
- He's probably always trying to make you laugh. If next to you he begins to joke more than usual or tries to joke more sophisticated, then it's all about sympathy.
Part 3 of 3: Body Language
Step 1. The guy is always looking for an excuse to touch you
It's only natural that a guy wants to touch you more often if he likes you. If you are sitting next to each other and your knees or legs touch, or he constantly “accidentally” touches your leg with his, then this is one of the signs of sympathy. Does he often touch you for no reason or gently nudge you in the company of friends? Obviously, the guy is partial to you.
Pay attention to his actions at the next meeting. Does he barely touch you, or does he accidentally rub when he walks next to you? This is one of the surest signs. Of course, a shy guy may not touch you at all and may even feel awkward around you
Step 2. You often cross your eyes
Frequent glances are another sign that he is in love with you. If you looked at the guy during the lesson and noticed that he was watching you, or he was examining you in the dining room, then everything is quite obvious. If at the same time he blushes, turns away or is embarrassed that you “caught” his gaze, then there is practically no doubt that he is in love with you.
The downside is that if you constantly try to catch the guy's eye, he will think that you are in love with him. And if so, what's wrong with that?
Step 3. He is facing you with his whole body during a conversation
During the conversation, the guy turned to you with his chest, shoulders, legs and in general with his whole body? If he likes you, he will try to move closer and catch your every word. He may even lean towards you. If he turned sideways, crossed his arms over his chest, or turned his shoulder in a different direction, then there may be no question of sympathy. Body language can be deceiving, but it can often help draw the right conclusions about a person's intentions.
Naturally, it doesn't hurt to watch the guy in the company of other people. His body language may be more open around you. If he always crosses his arms when talking to people, then he is not investing negative intentions in this gesture
Step 4. The guy behaves restlessly around you
Worry is the first sign of worry. If he plays with the strings on his sweater, touches his nails, brushes imaginary specks of dust off his shirt, or cuts through emptiness with his feet, then it is possible that he is in love with you and is nervous. Next time you should pay attention to his movements. If they are restless, the guy may be in love with you and worried about how he should behave.
Perhaps he is twirling the phone in his hands or trying to keep himself busy. This does not necessarily mean that he is bored and wants to find another interlocutor. Rather, he is worried next to you
Step 5. The guy cleans up when he sees you
If he straightens his hair, looks at himself in the mirror or reflective surfaces, wipes his shoes, straightens his shirt or trousers, then he can do it from the desire to look his best. Next time, it's worth taking a closer look at whether he is trying to tidy up his appearance. If so, then he almost certainly wants to please you.
Think about it: you often look in the mirror before meeting someone you like, right? Guys feel the same way. If a guy likes you, then he may think about appearance right during the conversation with you
Step 6. His face becomes joyful when he sees you
This is one of the main signs of sympathy. Did you come to class or to a party, and the guy immediately began to glow with joy, his eyes and smile became wider? It is possible that he likes you. Even if he does not immediately approach you or hides his feelings, the first reaction will say everything for him.
The guy may shine and turn away or try not to show that he is excited about your arrival, but one look is enough to understand his true feelings
Step 7. The guy gives you undivided attention when you speak
If a guy is in love with you, he will most likely give you all his attention. He will turn to you, look you in the eye, and will not look around for friends or reply to messages (although he can pick up his phone to calm his anxiety). If he does not even notice the friends who pass by you and does not look who is still nearby, then he likes you and he is completely absorbed in you.
During the next conversation, see how attentive the guy is. If he is staring at you, engaging in conversation, and looking interested, then it is likely that he is in love with you. On the other hand, he can look around, because he is worried, what to say next
- If you meet a guy with friends, they can easily elbow, slap on the shoulder, or giggle.
- It has been proven that people have dilated pupils when they look at those they like.
- Try to compliment the guy and pay attention to his response.
- Notice how he talks to you and other girls. Try to spot the difference.
- Learn to understand body language. He can tell a lot.
- A guy is harder to understand if he is shy. Watch him from afar and near you. This might be helpful.
- Does he try to come to your defense if the other guy offends you?
- Sometimes guys start pushing themselves to show their sympathy. If he often texts you, emails, or wants to hang out with you, he probably likes you.
- Does the guy give you advice you didn't ask for? This is one of the surest signs.
- Ask a friend or friend to find out who he likes (unless they are close friends, otherwise everything will be too obvious, although such a plan is quite effective).
- Maybe the guy teases you and acts like he hates you. If he likes you, then he is probably embarrassed.
- Pay attention to how often he spends time with you, how close he tries to be, and how often he makes eye contact. Usually, a secret sympathy is hidden in such aspects!
- If you like it, just admit it and don't worry about the backlash. It will be easier for you if you tell the truth.
- Sometimes competing with you is a sign of sympathy.
- If he has compiled a list of your favorite songs for you, then it is possible that he likes you.
- A guy can read a book or watch a movie on your recommendation, show interest in your hobbies and hobbies.