When sneaking into Minecraft, you can sneak up on an enemy or move slowly around the world. It also comes in handy when building overhanging structures because you don't have to walk along the edge. When a player sneaks, his name is hidden from other players, and footsteps are not audible.
Method 1 of 3: Windows, Mac and Linux
Step 1. Press and hold ⇧ Shift to crouch down and start sneaking
The character will remain in a semi-sitting position as long as you hold the key. This key can be used in all computer versions of Minecraft.
Step 2. Remain in a semi-seated position
There is no special key for this, but you can make the character remain in a semi-seated position without having to hold down the Shift key.
- Windows - Hold ⇧ Shift and then press and hold Alt. The game will stop. Release both keys and then press Alt again. The game will continue, but the character will remain in a semi-seated position. Press ⇧ Shift again to make the character stand up.
- Mac - Assign Sneak to the ⇬ Caps Lock key. Now just press this key, and the character will remain in a semi-seated position (that is, you do not need to hold the key).
Method 2 of 3: Minecraft PE
Step 1. Update Minecraft PE
Do this because the ability to sneak is a relatively new feature for Minecraft PE (version 0.12.1):
- Android - open the Play Store and enter "Minecraft Pocket Edition" in the search bar. If the page displays an Update button, tap it to update the application. If you see an Open button, the app is already updated.
- iOS - Open the App Store and tap Updates at the bottom of the screen. Find "Minecraft Pocket Edition" in the list of applications and click "Update". If you only see the Open button, Minecraft PE is already updated.
Step 2. Press ◇ twice to sit down
You'll find this icon in the middle of the motion controls on the lower left side of the screen. The icon will appear jagged when you turn it on.
Step 3. Press ◇ twice to stand up and walk at normal speed
The character will remain in a semi-seated position as long as the badge has jags.
Method 3 of 3: Console
Step 1. Press the right stick to sit down
On an Xbox or PlayStation, press the right stick on the controller until it clicks.
- On the PlayStation Vita, press the Down button (not the right stick).
Step 2. Press the right stick again to stand up
If this is not done, the character will remain in a semi-sitting position.
- On the Vita, press the Down button again to stand up.