Eating in Minecraft is very important, otherwise you can die. You can eat to increase health.
Method 1 of 4: Finding Food
Step 1. Find or take food
There are many different foods in Minecraft, like apples or steak.
Most food (and ingredients) can be kept in your inventory. You cannot keep mushroom soup, cake and milk in your inventory
Method 2 of 4: How to make food
In some cases, food needs to be prepared before being eaten.
Step 1. You can cook
- Mushrooms can be used to make soup: take a bowl. Brown mushrooms can be cooked in mushroom soup; this is done in the same way as red mushroom soup.
- Cocoa beans: Cocoa beans can be used to make cookies. To do this, find a cocoa plant.
- Chicken Eggs: Use chicken eggs (which are laid by chickens) to make a cake. You can also make pumpkin pie. Collect ripe pumpkins that grow from pumpkin seeds when planted.
- Sugar: You can bake a cake with sugar, or pumpkin pie.
- Flour: Wheat ears can be turned into bread, cookies, or cake.
- Gold: Gold can be used to create a golden apple or golden carrot (carrots, however, cannot be eaten, they are used in potions). You will need 1 gold ingot, which, for example, is dropped by zombies. And from 9 gold bars you can make a golden apple.
Method 3 of 4: How to eat food
Step 1. First of all, you must be hungry
If you are not hungry, you can only eat golden apples.
Step 2. Take the food in your hand
Then you can eat it. For this:
- Hold down the action button.
- Press and hold the right mouse button while the food is in your hand.
Step 3. Different foods affect you in different ways
One satisfies hunger well, the other does not.
Step 4. When the entire hunger scale is filled, this means that you are full and will not be able to eat any more
Method 4 of 4: Be careful not to get poisoned
Step 1. Be careful
Some things can be poisoned! For example:
- Poisoned potatoes
- Raw chicken (30% chance of being poisoned)
- Rotten Flesh (75% chance of being poisoned)
- Spider eye (100% chance of poisoning).
- If you have a cake, you must first put it on the floor so that you can take a slice.
- Milk (cow) will cancel all game effects that affect the player. A cake is made from milk.
- You can eat while sleeping or walking.
- In Creative mode, you can only eat potions and milk.
- All food fills the hunger bar a little.
- It will be noticeable that you are eating only in the first person view.